Do You Support Scottish Sides in Europe?

Kejan

Do you support Scottish teams in Europe?   

365 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another European campaign is underway, and its quiet at work so decided to clog up the forum with this poll.

Do you support most Scottish sides in Europe? Or do you want see everyone go crashing out in embarrassing style? Or do you like some teams to well and others not so? An irrational hatred for someone, and hope they get papped out?

I tend to support most Scottish sides outside the Old Firm. I don't mind seeing Celtic go through (BIG TEAM FOUND) although do enjoy seeing Rangers crash out. Sorry, I just can't bring myself to support them when you see the nick of their fans, flegs and every single Rangers fan's Twitter  account seems to be a mental loyalist bigot and they hate the SPFL/Scottish national side, ironic that they call Aberdeen sheep ; but if they do win and get in to the group stages then I'm hardly seething , as its good for the coefficient.  But crashing out to Progrés etc was terrific value.

So to sound like a big sook ; I'll be backing both Kilmarnock and Aberdeen tonight.

I would like to see all Scottish Clubs get as far as possible.  If Celtic make the Champions League it means my club will get a boost to our budget.  Ideally we want the co-efficient to get better so that we play less qualifiers or we do well enough to get an extra club in Europe.  Getting the extra club will benefit other sides.  So yeah I want all Scottish Clubs to do well in Europe.

Although I have laughed immensely at results like Aberdeen Vs Skonto Riga, Celtic Vs Artmedia and Rangers Vs Progres.

Hmm, I forgot Caley played in Europe and I wanted them to get destroyed.  Maybe note every Scottish club.,

Celtic and Rangers aren't Scottish clubs IMO so I'd say that I support all Scottish clubs.

Of course I'm not that daft that I don't realise the coefficient points gained by them help Scottish football slightly but it just means it's a win win situation. If they win, then it's good, if they lose I can laugh at them.

I support every Scottish club in Europe but wouldn't hold back laughter if they got beaten by a pub team. 

I can only see the Premiership rising in the UEFA Coefficient but it is an absolute massive ask to even get teams to play less qualifiers never mind increasing the amount of teams from 4 to 5. 

Hopefully the Europa League 2 will result in more teams participating in Europe.  

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Just had a glance and I see the Cypriot, Azerbaijani, Israeli and Romanian leagues are ahead of ours.

Shows how poor Scottish clubs have been the previous 5 years. 

Two of these leagues aren't even in Europe. :unsure:

23 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Just had a glance and I see the Cypriot, Azerbaijani, Israeli and Romanian leagues are ahead of ours.

No idea what you're glancing at, but of that list only Cyprus are ahead of us.

5 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

That was two seasons ago at our lowest ever ranking (26th), now we're  up to 20th ahead of three of those countries.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My bad I was looking at the list which decided this seasons Europa & Champions League which takes into account their performance in European competitions from 2013–14 to 2017–18.

So is technically out of date. 

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's a big gap in Cyprus between the biggest half dozen and the rest.   Clubs like Apoel, Apollon, AEL, Omonia etc have some serious wedge behind them these days and are set up to do well in Europe.

When we played Apollon, they had one Cypriot, with the rest of their team being from S.American, Iberian and the Balkan nations.   

The away leg being played in 35 degree heat doesn't tend to help our clubs in qualifiers against them either.

Edited by tarapoa

8 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I actively will every Scottish team to win with the exception of Rangers. That includes Celtic. I've never personally met a Celtic fan or for that matter a Killie fan that I actually dislike, but Rangers fans are, on the whole, odious c***s and I have no desire to see them succeed in any of their endeavours.

I hope that answers the question.

Pretty much a carbon copy of how I feel.  Most Celtic fans I know are pretty sound.  Rangers fans, however, are odious orcs to a man.

10 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I actively will every Scottish team to win with the exception of Rangers. That includes Celtic. I've never personally met a Celtic fan or for that matter a Killie fan that I actually dislike, but Rangers fans are, on the whole, odious c***s and I have no desire to see them succeed in any of their endeavours.

I hope that answers the question.

Big team found.

All of them to an extent but only to an extent. I never want Celtic to make the CL groups or anyone to actually win a trophy but Aberdeen etc. do need to start doing better to get the coefficient up so I'm backing them tonight. 

I do reserve the right to laugh when Aberdeen fail to even make the 4th qualifying round as always.

11 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

All of them to an extent but only to an extent. I never want Celtic to make the CL groups or anyone to actually win a trophy but Aberdeen etc. do need to start doing better to get the coefficient up so I'm backing them tonight. 

I do reserve the right to laugh when Aberdeen fail to even make the 4th qualifying round as always.

But we've never been papped out in the first qualifying round though?