Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Ah, easy done.

This is where he was under Lampard

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/club-news/billy-gilmour-is-pushing-for-regular-spot-at-chelsea-according-to-lampard/#:~:text=Frank Lampard said Billy Gilmour,the 19-year-old.

Getting regular praise, gushing praise actually, from his manager and very close to a starting spot. He's miles away from that now. Its set him back enormously.

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

If anyone else would like to take this one feel free, I really don't have the patience to engage with idiots.

Yeah under Tuchel. Did you read what I said?  It seems there's two idiots now. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

What? I'll try again.

Lampard was in charge from Match 1 until Match 19 inclusive. The figures I'm quoting are for those matches. Tuchel has nothing to do with it.

Sorry I thought that said March. 

:lol:

On 08/04/2021 at 12:19, The Moonster said:

Folk like Lee Wilkie and Kevin Kyle have caps, I don't think we should really be caring if a promising youngster actually turns out to be shite. It also doesn't need to be barrel loads of teenagers called up, just your most promising ones. Two right now would be Billy Gilmour and Aaron Hickey.  

I would agree if the really promising players were in problem positions but unfortunately the two you have mentioned are for the strongest positions and the players that play there are relatively young. 

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would agree if the really promising players were in problem positions but unfortunately the two you have mentioned are for the strongest positions and the players that play there are relatively young. 

Nah, Gilmour could easily displace someone in the current squad if he fulfils his potential and Hickey could be used at right back. Robertson is also 27, Hickey and Tierney will be our left backs/full backs for years to come IMO.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nah, Gilmour could easily displace someone in the current squad if he fulfils his potential and Hickey could be used at right back. Robertson is also 27, Hickey and Tierney will be our left backs/full backs for years to come IMO.

Tbh I agree with what you have said there and if both are playing regularly enough (even on loan for Gilmour)  next season they will almost certainly get picked for squads. I was probably arguing against a point that you weren’t making really when you see 16/17 year olds called up for Wales with next to no first team experience. Would only make sense if the rest were absolute jobbers who are never going to cut it at international level for that position. 
ETA - wouldn’t call either up though till after Euros however unless there is an injury crisis. 

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/.amp/news/billy-gilmour-confident-hes-made-the-right-decision-to-stay-at-chelsea-under-thomas-tuchel

Gilmour seems to enjoy learning from Tuchel and thinks he made the right choice in not going out on loan. 

Hard to understand what he'll be learning from a coach praised by Verratti, would've been much better playing 20 games beside *checks notes* Declan Rice and Mark Noble.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hard to understand what he'll be learning from a coach praised by Verratti, would've been much better playing 20 games beside *checks notes* Declan Rice and Mark Noble.

Big deal praised by Veratti, there's no subsitute for playing football. And Rice is a first choice England international who will go to Man Utd for about eighty million this summer. So it would be a great learning experience playing next to him. 

Just typical fans talk to label someone like him shite, he's quality.

Edited to add-

As for Mark Noble just the 400 premiership games. That's a pish career isn't it?  Not much he could teach a young midfielder. Iidiot.

Edited by HalfCutNinja

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Gilmour's started every FA Cup match this season, but Man City are in a different stratosphere to everyone Chelsea have played in the competition so far, plus the fact it's a semi-final makes me think he won't play (therefore won't be in the squad).

7 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Not only 2 keepers and 2 left left-backs on the bench tonight 

Now he's leaving an empty space on the bench tonight instead of naming Gilmour in the squad :lol:

Incredible. 

Edit: just occurred to me that he maybe wasn't registered in the Chelsea squad for the knockout rounds? Anyone know? 

He is in their Champions League squad according to here at least.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-champions-league-squad-tuchel-19761340

18 minutes ago, velo army said:

Given we've now lost Jack is there a case for Gilmour being called up? I haven't seen enough of him (I guess few have) but is he a DCM or more of a box to box type? 

Maybe the latter ?

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

Given we've now lost Jack is there a case for Gilmour being called up? I haven't seen enough of him (I guess few have) but is he a DCM or more of a box to box type? 

Despite his relative lack of senior appearances, I’d safely say he’s the most comfortable player we’d have on the pitch as a CDM and playmaker. McTominay comes close but is much more box to box.

edit: my definition of box to box is offering assists/final ball, and a shooting threat. I don’t think Gilmour is that player. 

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm