Billy Gilmour

Kuro

6 minutes ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

I agree

I would take him in a heartbeat for Newcastle

I was thinking someone like Newcastle, West Ham or Everton. Hopefully that will happen. 

That's the first I've seen of him this season and I thought he was off the pace and could've cost a goal with a woeful cross field pass that was intercepted. 

It was a difficult situation to come into though with the whole team looking out of their depth. 

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's the first I've seen of him this season and I thought he was off the pace and could've cost a goal with a woeful cross field pass that was intercepted. 

It was a difficult situation to come into though with the whole team looking out of their depth. 

Not surprised he's off the pace

He's barely been given any game time by lamps

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

The fact he can come on into that Chelsea side against City and approach it the exact same way as he does against Krasnodar or for Scotland u21s against San Marino is impressive imo.

This is the biggest thing about Gilmour for me. He is a completely fearless player - it doesn't matter who the opposition are, he plays the game the way he wants to play it, if he drops back to get the ball from the centre-backs and ends up being the deepest player he doesn't panic in any way, he takes a touch and finds a teammate. There are seasoned pros, even at the top level of English football, who never develop that bravery, let alone have it when you're stepping into the team as a teenager.

I think this is a trait he shares with a few of our young players at the moment. Aaron Hickey hasn't really missed a beat since he went to Serie A, and he plays like he believes he should be there. Likewise, David Turnbull played the biggest game of career yesterday but basically treated it like a kickabout with his pals down the park. We've had too many players look like rabbits in the headlights when they play for Scotland, but I can't imagine it being the case for any of those three.

I think the same probably applies to Tierney, Christie and McGinn in particular in the current team. No fucking about, just get your head down and play.

21 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

He will need to be playing regularly to make the squad, There was talk of him going out on loan and I think that will  be his best chance of getting in. 

I don't think he really will need to be playing regularly. Fletcher certainly wasn't playing regularly for Man Utd when he got his first call-up.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think he really will need to be playing regularly. Fletcher certainly wasn't playing regularly for Man Utd when he got his first call-up.

Fletcher got his first cap when Scotland really had a lot of poor players to choose from

We have more depth now than we did back in 2003

If he is playing at Chelsea though he is good enough to get capped for Scotland

Lets hope he gets a good round of games.

8 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Bet that pitch tonight still stank of McGinn after he literally dropped his keks and dragged his arsepiece all over that park the other night.  He owns that place now.

The editorial standards on MotD must really be called into question as this was entirely omitted from the broadcast. Possibly brought back some bad memories for Lineker.

On 03/01/2021 at 22:23, Binos said:

Not surprised he's off the pace

He's barely been given any game time by lamps

I hadn’t realised but according to a Chelsea fan I know he was out for months with a knee injury. Had an operation back about July and I think only came back around Nov/Dec.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I hadn’t realised but according to a Chelsea fan I know he was out for months with a knee injury. Had an operation back about July and I think only came back around Nov/Dec.

They're playing so gash would still have hoped he'd have had more top flight game time by now

But he only gets pish like today

Should be screaming for a loan move

22 hours ago, Binos said:

They're playing so gash would still have hoped he'd have had more top flight game time by now

But he only gets pish like today

He's just back from a serious injury, Lampard loves him and won't do anything that damages his long term development. In any case, dressing up gaining a starting berth in a strong Chelsea side in the FA Cup as "pish" is laughable. Hasn't Lampard already said he isn't going out on loan as well?

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He's just back from a serious injury, Lampard loves him and won't do anything that damages his long term development. In any case, dressing up gaining a starting berth in a strong Chelsea side in the FA Cup as "pish" is laughable. Hasn't Lampard already said he isn't going out on loan as well?

Morecambe are pish

On 10/01/2021 at 17:23, Binos said:

Lampard very much has him as a first team player, he's said as much himself. He's only just back from a bad injury so he'll be gradually eased back in.