Billy Gilmour

Kuro

59 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Let's not forget Gauld

If things continue to go as they have been for Gauld you could see him moving to a not quite top level Spanish team like Sevilla or Real Sociedad or similar. Equally he could end up back at the top of Portuguese football with one of their bigger teams. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's going on loan to Rangers. 

I seen The Sun started peddling this pish yesterday and a few stupid c***s on Twitter getting all excited about it.

Mental how some folk just can’t grasp that as soon as you see “The Sun”, it’s basically a guarantee of “bollux” and not worth reading further.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I would be surprised to see Gilmour going out on loan - I would guess Chelsea will want to keep him in and about their squad and that he'll get plenty of game time for them between now and the end of the season.

100%. Lampard clearly rates the boy highly (rightly so) and is very much in his plans at Chelsea. Even if Lampard was prepared to allow Gilmour to go out on loan, it’s a sure bet it wouldn’t be to Rangers or any club in Scotland.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That midfield goes back to our old issues of not having someone to win the ball back and do the dirty work. Jack is close to undroppable for me at this point.

McSauce can do that and Gilmour is surprisingly good at it too.  Jack isn't in their league, that has to be the two of the future.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I've actually been surprised by how tenacious Gilmour was last night and in his cameo v Sevilla. It's definitely not his natural role but it impressed me.

Aye, see for their penalty, the biggest plus point of the night for me in the bits I saw anyway, he barged into a player on the edge of the box and came off best.  That wouldn't have happened a year ago, he is obviously much stronger now. 

I would say he's pretty much ready for Scotland to chuck him in, but needs more games.  Only played 13 games in his career so far.

11 minutes ago, Binos said:

He needs to play some games first

If he's good enough, does he? Wales threw Ethan Ampadu in as soon as they thought he was good enough and now plays for them at a good level despite having probably more caps than first team games.

5 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

If he's good enough, does he? Wales threw Ethan Ampadu in as soon as they thought he was good enough and now plays for them at a good level despite having probably more caps than first team games.

Presumably they had barely anyone else to chuck in

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I would be surprised to see Gilmour going out on loan - I would guess Chelsea will want to keep him in and about their squad and that he'll get plenty of game time for them between now and the end of the season.

The red tops have him linked with a loan move to Rangers today.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I could have sworn I just watched him play a game last night. But how much football he plays is much less important than how good he is and how much he can bring to the team.

He might get some more game time between now and march with the schedule

I'll be happier when he's completely dislodged jorginho, otherwise longer term he should leave

14 minutes ago, Binos said:

Presumably they had barely anyone else to chuck in

I don’t think their squad is any more lacking in quality and depth than ours is.  Scotland’s reluctance to play young players until they’re fully established as regulars in the first team for a number of years is partly why every 4/5 years when the older players are phased out we’re left with a squad with few players with caps in double figures.

Gilmour would walk into virtually every EPL side, and most of Europe, so quite why he'd be getting loaned out into the Scottish top flight is beyond me.

Not even in January and the clickbait shite rumours have already started.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gilmour would walk into virtually every EPL side, and most of Europe, so quite why he'd be getting loaned out into the Scottish top flight is beyond me.

Not even in January and the clickbait shite rumours have already started.

Aye, said it before and was slated, but I watched Barca last night and he would walk straight into that team no bother at all right now.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That midfield goes back to our old issues of not having someone to win the ball back and do the dirty work. Jack is close to undroppable for me at this point.

I'm not sure I agree. I've watched McTominay in Europe all season and he's been excellent at that exact job. I was surprised at how much Gilmour put himself about last night too, that's the first full match I've watched him and I think there's enough dig in there with those two.

I do agree on Jack though, I think Steve Clarke will stick with him and I've absolutely no qualms with that. Nice to look at the squad a see a variety of options now though.

Edited by The Moonster