Billy Gilmour

Kuro

44 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
11 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
I'm not even joking when I say I fully expect Gilmour to be the centre piece of the midfield at Barca or Real in five years, and one of the best midfielders in the world.

Why those two clubs?

They're the two biggest clubs in the world, if you are either of them you have made it right to the top.  Gilmour will be someone they're already well aware of, Barca already tried to sign him when he went to Chelsea.

They're the two biggest clubs in the world, if you are either of them you have made it right to the top.  Gilmour will be someone they're already well aware of, Barca already tried to sign him when he went to Chelsea.
Why are you so sure he'll go though rather than stay at Chelsea, similar to Robertson staying at Liverpool? Or that those clubs won't find better value for money within their youth system or buy some other star teenager you've not heard of because they're not Scottish and maybe a touch younger, or that he chooses another mega-club like Bayern or PSG instead?

I'm not saying he won't end up as one of the best in the world but to "fully expect" him to be at one of those two teams in 2025/26 is an incredibly bold prediction.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Why are you so sure he'll go though rather than stay at Chelsea, similar to Robertson staying at Liverpool? Or that those clubs won't find better value for money within their youth system or buy some other star teenager you've not heard of because they're not Scottish and maybe a touch younger, or that he chooses another mega-club like Bayern or PSG instead?

I'm not saying he won't end up as one of the best in the world but to "fully expect" him to be at one of those two teams in 2025/26 is an incredibly bold prediction.

Alright Captain Particular a club like that.  Chelsea won't be able to match his ambitions, same as Arsenal won't with Tierney.  Both will have to move on eventually.  I happen to think Gilmour is perfect for Spanish football though and born to play for Barcelona, absolutely 100% their type of player.  They will definitely come in for him at some point, as I said they already have.

Robertson doesn't need to he's won the big trophies at Liverpool and they are as good as any team in Europe just now so he will win more.  Plus they're a massive club, Chelsea aren't really.

20 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I'm not even joking when I say I fully expect Gilmour to be the centre piece of the midfield at Barca or Real in five years, and one of the best midfielders in the world.

Everyone knows you are not joking and that's why everyone thinks you are a roaster. How many mobile phones has Donald Trump got again?

9 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Alright Captain Particular a club like that.  Chelsea won't be able to match his ambitions, same as Arsenal won't with Tierney.  Both will have to move on eventually.  I happen to think Gilmour is perfect for Spanish football though and born to play for Barcelona, absolutely 100% their type of player.  They will definitely come in for him at some point, as I said they already have.

Robertson doesn't need to he's won the big trophies at Liverpool and they are as good as any team in Europe just now so he will win more.  Plus they're a massive club, Chelsea aren't really.

If that capitalist Commie keeps putting other people's money in chelsea ARE

4 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Everyone knows you are not joking and that's why everyone thinks you are a roaster. How many mobile phones has Donald Trump got again?

Personally I dont mind people getting a bit over excited about young Scottish players.

What i do dislike is people saying "everyone" agrees with their opinions. Its playground bully phrasing, and actually suggests a lack of self confidence.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Stunned to see a @Chewing Taffies post that involves him slagging someone rather than giving an opinion.

Imagine joining an anonymous football forum, not to talk about football, but to try and insult strangers daily.

What a life.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stunned to see a @Chewing Taffies post that involves him slagging someone rather than giving an opinion.

Imagine joining an anonymous football forum, not to talk about football, but to try and insult strangers daily.

What a life.

I only post here about twice a week and you still find the time to stalk me! Are you still contacting St Johnstone with your scouting reports? What a life indeed!

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Not in squad tonight.
Whopper anyone?

Was in the bk drive thru yesterday, very rare for me.

But the steak house Angus was surprisingly good. Would 100% have again.

Anyway, the young lady who served me reminded me more of an Oli Mcburnie, than gauld or gilmour. Or anyone else.

It was the way she moved, only once to slowly turn round in a small space.

Unlike Mcburnie tho she actually delivered something worthwhile. 

On 06/12/2020 at 03:49, BingMcCrosby said:

Was in the bk drive thru yesterday, very rare for me.

But the steak house Angus was surprisingly good. Would 100% have again.

Anyway, the young lady who served me reminded me more of an Oli Mcburnie, than gauld or gilmour. Or anyone else.

It was the way she moved, only once to slowly turn round in a small space.

Unlike Mcburnie tho she actually delivered something worthwhile. 

Just to update on this, I had another steak house Angus yesterday.

Everyone go and get one right now, absolutely beautiful.

You never know what young Scottish players you might meet.

55 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Just to update on this, I had another steak house Angus yesterday.

Everyone go and get one right now, absolutely beautiful.

You never know what young Scottish players you might meet.

A friend of mine used to work for a bank.  He used to enjoy telling me about a certain Scottish international who seemed to spend an awful lot of time and money at McDonalds, visiting several times a week. Depressing really.  Wouldn't say his name but it started with L and ended with ee Wilkie.