Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Jorginho leaving was the one we really wanted for Gilmour, the fact they were apparently open to offers does suggest that they see Gilmour being in contention for a regular starting place sooner rather than later. 
Maybe, although I think it might have been a case of Jorginho out [emoji3591] Rice in, and he's more likely to get chances ahead of someone Chelsea don't really want than someone they've spunked a load of money on.

On 05/10/2020 at 22:21, eez-eh said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek about to go out on loan. Both him and Barkley away now, great chance for Gilmour to get more game time when he’s back from injury.

What similarities are there in any way between Loftus-Cheek and Gilmour as players?

Just cause it says "CM" on FIFA doesn't mean the two are interchangeable. 

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What similarities are there in any way between Loftus-Cheek and Gilmour as players?

Chelsea sending two midfielders out on loan gives them far fewer options. There’s now essentially Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and Gilmour there for 2/3 positions depending what formation they play (possibly also Havertz if he’s dropped back).

It increases his chance of game time and featuring on the bench regardless of them being types of different players.

HTH.

48 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Shut yur puss.  They play in the same area of the park, they don't have to be identical to be interchangeable.  Obviously this is going to give Gilmour more game time, you're just a malcontent that has to pick fault with any positivity cause you're a w**k.

• 4 weeks later...
I see he was added to the u21 squad on Friday. Wasn't expecting that tbh.
I guess with no cup games until January (?) Chelsea are happy for him to get some minutes for us

He was playing league games for Chelsea before he got injured and I think he will again once he's fit.

He was playing league games for Chelsea before he got injured and I think he will again once he's fit.
Kante and Kovacic were injured when Gilmour was getting league starts. Jorginho was suspended for a few games too.
As said above the fixture pileup could lead to some opportunities for him but long-term, it's difficult to know what the plan is for the Chelsea midfield. I'm not convinced Lampard knows either.
They're obviously trying to bring Rice in asap + there's been talk of Kante and Jorginho leaving for a while.
I saw some talk of Gilmiur possibly going out on loan in January but I'm not convinced that makes sense from looking at their midfield depth.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Was there not reports that said, Chelsea are looking to loan him out in January? Probably another Premier League side, so whether it’s Chelsea or elsewhere he’ll still be developing at a decent level. 

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
15 hours ago, JagsCG said:
Was there not reports that said, Chelsea are looking to loan him out in January? Probably another Premier League side, so whether it’s Chelsea or elsewhere he’ll still be developing at a decent level. 

Nope, he's firmly in their plans I think, will be starting for them in January

For this season, as long as he’s getting game time, at Chelsea or on loan in the PL or Championship, that’ll do just fine.

Good to see him in the u21s.  They’ve a great chance of getting to the finals.  I don’t expect that to change anything overnight, but some ‘success’ at u20/u21 for the first time since 2007 would be very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...