Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Football fans are fickle as f**k.

Quite amusing watching England fans suddenly naming Trent Alexander Arnold  the reincarnation of Pirlo and Cafu combined when he spent most of the last two seasons getting pelters.

Careers aren't made in a day or even a season.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It shows that people should perhaps let seasons play out before determining big things about players careers, especially young guys looking to make their mark on the game. I know most of its trolling but among that there are serious posts suggesting he should drop to levels which are clearly beneath him. Steve Clarke has been steadfast in backing Gilmour to be a top player for Scotland and almost all of his club managers have had praise for him. Of course he needs to make sure he takes his chance in the first team again but he'll be going into these Scotland games and the new season with confidence and I'm fairly hopeful things will only get better from here. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Nah, there was one guy saying he was world class. The majority of it was just fans being concerned that he wasn't playing simply because he's more useful for Scotland when he is playing regularly. 

It's great that he got some time at the end of the season and that De Zerbi has belatedly taking a shine to him, but him getting a run of games at the end of the season doesn't invalidate the position that he wasn't playing for Brighton, wasn't playing for Scotland and it looked like he needed to move. 

🎶 We're gonnae deep fry yer balanced arguments!

Edited by Gordopolis

Also worth remembering the whole stalking thing, which is hopefully behind him now, as a young guy that could have affected him greatly. 

He’s obviously a talent & I’d really like him to get a chance for more than a mere cameo appearance over this double header, boost his confidence if he plays well. 

SSC will probably deploy him at half time today when we are 4-0 up! Fingers crossed. 

30 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Also worth remembering the whole stalking thing, which is hopefully behind him now, as a young guy that could have affected him greatly. 

He’s obviously a talent & I’d really like him to get a chance for more than a mere cameo appearance over this double header, boost his confidence if he plays well. 

SSC will probably deploy him at half time today when we are 4-0 up! Fingers crossed. 

He'll be on shift at the pie stall according to @Gordopolis

Which poster thought Gilmour was world class? Any quotes?

A lot of posters were attacking him non stop all season, hopefully they have learned their season.

Great to see him thriving, got a good chance of starting and if not will surely see some minutes over the international break.

Remember the absolute welts who thought he was going on loan to rangers or the championship? 😂 Red faces all round.

5 hours ago, velo army said:

Nah, there was one guy saying he was world class. The majority of it was just fans being concerned that he wasn't playing simply because he's more useful for Scotland when he is playing regularly. 

It's great that he got some time at the end of the season and that De Zerbi has belatedly taking a shine to him, but him getting a run of games at the end of the season doesn't invalidate the position that he wasn't playing for Brighton, wasn't playing for Scotland and it looked like he needed to move. 

It sort of does invalidate the assumption he needed to move, given it's clear he's good enough to play for Brighton and his manager is full of praise for him. And it's pretty much exactly my point, folk were saying he needed a move based on a few months at a new club and under a manager that didn't sign him. I suppose some folk just feel the need to try and determine a players career before a ball is kicked just so they can say they were right if their career doesn't take off (and say they were trolling if it does). 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It sort of does invalidate the assumption he needed to move, given it's clear he's good enough to play for Brighton and his manager is full of praise for him. And it's pretty much exactly my point, folk were saying he needed a move based on a few months at a new club and under a manager that didn't sign him. I suppose some folk just feel the need to try and determine a players career before a ball is kicked just so they can say they were right if their career doesn't take off (and say they were trolling if it does). 

Depends on your outlook and what you imagine are the intentions of other posters. Id say 95% are just wanting to discuss football rather than have some agenda.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Well aye, but not just that. It was under a manager who wasn't playing him aside from a few minutes at the end of the occasional game. It's perfectly reasonable. We want him to be playing regularly instead of stagnating on the bench. I'm glad he is getting game time, but it's easy to be smug in hindsight and obtusely act like it's wild behaviour to query whether a player not playing for his club (and not looking like there was any route in to the first team) should in fact be staying there. 

14 minutes ago, velo army said:

Well aye, but not just that. It was under a manager who wasn't playing him aside from a few minutes at the end of the occasional game. It's perfectly reasonable. We want him to be playing regularly instead of stagnating on the bench. I'm glad he is getting game time, but it's easy to be smug in hindsight and obtusely act like it's wild behaviour to query whether a player not playing for his club (and not looking like there was any route in to the first team) should in fact be staying there. 

You had folk saying they could see him going to Rangers ffs. If that's not reactionary fickleness that deserves a ridiculing then we should shut this place down. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You had folk saying they could see him going to Rangers ffs. If that's not reactionary fickleness that deserves a ridiculing then we should shut this place down. 

Oh aye, that was nonsense.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Did pretty well when he came on imo. Good to see him back involved in a big game for us. 

He's a strange one. Could just be that he struggles to perform at his best week in, week out but rises to the occasion for Scotland. A bit like McFadden.

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He's a strange one. Could just be that he struggles to perform at his best week in, week out but rises to the occasion for Scotland. A bit like McFadden.

He was consistently excellent in his recent games for Brighton.

On 17/06/2023 at 11:18, The Algebraist said:

Football fans are fickle as f**k.

Quite amusing watching England fans suddenly naming Trent  the reincarnation of Pirlo and Cafu combined when he spent most of the last two seasons getting pelters.

Careers aren't made in a day or even a season.

FTFY.

17 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

a home game against Georgia would be the the type of game that Gilmour could completely shine in.....

Hope he gets a start; maybe resting McGregor who has put in yet another shift all season....

It's a tough one. I'd always want McGregor in games against lesser opposition as he's excellent against packed defences (if that's how Georgia will play), but McTominay is more of a goal threat than Gilmour and is more likely to bomb forward whereas Gilmour is capable of giving us more control.