Billy Gilmour

Kuro

10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Unclear where though. Three defenders and six midfielders in that lineup so he could be at RB.

I expect it to be Caicedo at RB.

Edited by CM.

He seems to have two men on him in the midfield, but I also note that he finds himself in the "cover shadow" when his centre halves have the ball. He's played some nice wee quick passes so far, which is great. He looks slow as a week in jail though, especially when defending. 

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I dont remember it being said before. Or wasn't aware he was eligible for us, thats interesting.

There was a bit of discussion around Steele being eligible around the time of the last international break. 

I think we should bring him in. Not sure whether or not he’d start over Gunn but ideally you want at least two keepers that you’re comfortable starting a competitive game in case of injury and we can’t rely on Craig Gordon ever playing again let alone being as good as before. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10431272/scotland-steve-clarke-brighton-goalkeeper-jason-steele/amp/

There was a good Athletic article on him (pre Man Utd game) where he basically said he was frustrated with the lack of game time but really enjoying training and learning under De Zerbi.

Kinda speaks to the point I made a few pages back, everyone in life will face some form of setback, how you respond will determine how successful you will be.

When Gilmour wasn't starting as much as he wanted to did he down tools? Did he demand to leave to play at a lower level?

Nope, he stuck with it, developed his game and adapted to what the manager was looking for. He's now started twice in a row, winning rave reviews from his manager and on the Brighton forum.

I'm sure many of those criticising him are the same people that cave at the first challenge they face. Gilmour showed his professionalism once again.

I have little doubt he will make it long term as a top flight player. Good for him, and good for Scotland.

Is it just me or does he look a bit better physically? not sure whether he's taken a stretch or been working in the gym all this time. He's much quicker in closing down and he's not as lightweight. 

Still only 21, potential there to stil have a very good career