Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't recall how this works....

Is this a good thing for Gilmour, or a bad thing?

And how does it affect Kieran Tierney?

And does this mean McTominay needs to go back into defence or can we now play him as a striker?

Its a conundrum 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't recall how this works....

Is this a good thing for Gilmour, or a bad thing?

And how does it affect Kieran Tierney?

It changes alot, but I think currently its that not playing is better than playing. And either way folk will be absolutely raging

With Undav & Grobb each scoring twice, going to be interesting end to the season as they play in the positions of prize possessions Mac Allister and Caicedo. 

For Gilmour, puts him in the picture for next season, albeit Brighton will probably have big money to spend 

@2426255 sorry for cutting your grass here, but some of De Zerbi's thoughts:

"Gilmour was the best player on the pitch. After the game I must admit possibly in the past I have made some mistakes with him and Undav, because I did not give them possibility to play. But for me it is difficult to decide to play without Mac Allister, Solly March, Mitoma and Moises Caicedo it is difficult."

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/de-zerbi-admits-to-billy-gilmour-mistake-after-moises-caicedo-and-alexis-mac-allister-claim-4124747

Always worth taking these things with a pinch of salt when managers publicly boost a frustrated player's confidence, but it's good to have some positivity about one of his performances for the first time in a while. Brighton's "easiest" games are both sandwiched between really difficult ones, so he might get another couple opportunities before the end of the season depending on how it all pans out.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

@2426255 sorry for cutting your grass here, but some of De Zerbi's thoughts:

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/de-zerbi-admits-to-billy-gilmour-mistake-after-moises-caicedo-and-alexis-mac-allister-claim-4124747

Always worth taking these things with a pinch of salt when managers publicly boost a frustrated player's confidence, but it's good to have some positivity about one of his performances for the first time in a while. Brighton's "easiest" games are both sandwiched between really difficult ones, so he might get another couple opportunities before the end of the season depending on how it all pans out.

I don't have much reason to doubt him tbh. At least he feels the need to butter him up. Don't think he did it last time.

Maybe patience will pay off for Gilmour who knows? Regardless nice to see him back playing and to somewhere near his level.

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If Gilmour isn’t careful he’ll end up getting a regular start and need to completely forget about the Burger King career.

Somewhere, in a branch manager's drawer, nametags for BILLY and RYAN impatiently wait.

In the nearby garbage can, ISLAM mourns its lack of commitment to the job.

17 hours ago, Londonwell said:

I’ve been watching and he’s been good. Demanding the ball in tights spaces and getting forward quite well. Probably playing a bit further forward than we’re used to see him for Scotland. 

Tbh I only watched the highlights and not the full game, but they seemed to suggest him being very much the base of the midfield as usual. Picked out by the manager and on match of the day, as the best or one of the best players.

Is it to early to say hes back and going to the top?

Looks like he has adapted very well to the Brighton system, and his manager names him as man of the match when he does start.

Really couldn't have gone much better for him yesterday, only unlucky to not get his first senior goal.

Excellent news, no wonder many of the usual suspects are ducking this thread.

Those desperate for Scottish players and Scotland to fail have had a bad time of it the last few months.

What a wee shame.

Happy for Gilmour, let's hop he keeps it up. The talent and composure he has shown in the past very much still there.

Good news for all Scotland fans. 

2 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Tbh I only watched the highlights and not the full game, but they seemed to suggest him being very much the base of the midfield as usual. Picked out by the manager and on match of the day, as the best or one of the best players.

Is it to early to say hes back and going to the top?

My take on it was it he was playing more of a box to box role than im used to seeing him play. He was dragging Wolves midfielders out of position higher up and was getting around the edge of the box in Brighton’s attacking plays. 

45 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

My take on it was it he was playing more of a box to box role than im used to seeing him play. He was dragging Wolves midfielders out of position higher up and was getting around the edge of the box in Brighton’s attacking plays. 

Thats good to hear, tbh I think he could play just about any midfield role. Think he played more of an attacking player when he was in youth football.

I'm still confused about how Brighton & fucking Hove Albion ended up with World Cup winners in their team, and can refuse to play one of Scotland's best players instead of struggling to remain in the Football League.

Not massively keen on this timeline TBH.

On 30/04/2023 at 10:01, Satoshi said:

Happy for Gilmour, let's hop he keeps it up. The talent and composure he has shown in the past very much still there.

Good news for all Scotland fans. 

They should make this thread into a film....but what would thy call it?