Billy Gilmour

Kuro

18 year old Evan Ferguson scores on his second sub appearence for Brighton, gets his first start tonight and has scored again. I'm sure he'll be stright out the side again only to get a handful of sub appearences over the next few months all as part of the famous Brighton bedding in process. As someone who knows more about football, player development, and Brighton's world-famous youth development process, I'm obviously correct about this.

29 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

It's obvious that we're lagging behind the ROI in terms of player development atm. I imagine they'll be back to dominating us over the next few years.

Hardly. Outside of Collins, Bazunu, and Ferguson, which young Irish players look particularly promising right now?

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Hardly. Outside of Collins, Bazunu, and Ferguson, which young Irish players look particularly promising right now?

What are the Scottish young talent coming through 

Doak maybe,  but he's had 7 mins

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Have folk not worked out that Barry Ferguson's Hat is at the wind up with all his posts?

This is the Tartan Army sub-forum.

Since the long overdue death of joonyur fitba this has become the P&B holding pen, if you know what I mean?

1 hour ago, Binos said:

What are the Scottish young talent coming through 

Doak maybe,  but he's had 7 mins

In the age range of those players mentioned you've got Patterson, Ramsey, Hickey, Doig, Gilmour, Doak, King, with a few more that are a bit younger and a couple a little older. I'd absoltely take the three Irish players mentioned for Scotland right now but we've got more young players they'd take from us than the other way around right now.

I'm surprised he's not back at Chelsea, what with the buy back in place and the window reopening. I thought that would be Potter's first act of business in January. 

On 04/01/2023 at 12:16, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

It's obvious that we're lagging behind the ROI in terms of player development atm. I imagine they'll be back to dominating us over the next few years.

I was always under the impression Ireland let’s other nations develop its players 

It’s not as if they’re playing in Ireland, they’re getting poached very early by English clubs and being developed 

They say that you make your own luck, however:

He starts playing for Chelsea, getting man of the match each time and then covid comes along. Season restarts, he plays a couple of games then gets a long term injury.

Back in time to play for Scotland in the euros, gets MoM against England but then can’t play against Croatia because he gets covid. Decides he needs more playing time so gets that move to Norwich, who were absolutely shite. Forces a move from Chelsea because he’s not in Tuchel’s plans, goes to Brighton where the manager publicly rates him only for Tuchel to get sacked and that manager, Potter, to bugger off to Chelsea a few days later!

The final irony being that as of right now, Brighton’s midfield is probably stronger than Chelsea’s and he’d possibly have more chance starting for them at the moment….!

I was hopeful Gilmour would've got some game time in the FA Cup today but unfortunately he didn't. Brighton have two games left before the January window closes - maybe a loan until the end of the season with a recall option wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

I think Rangers woukd be a reasonable option just short term as their fans already like him, he knows the club well and the Rangers midfield isn't particularly strong especially with Steve Davis out until the end of the season but doesn't seem likely given that Michael Beale isn't looking to take on loan players.

Edited by 2426255