Billy Gilmour

Kuro

55 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I've just right there finished painting my wall - a really dreary beige colour. All welcome to come round and watch it dry. HTH.

If we could just come round while you continually paint it the same colour over and over again that would be magic. 

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Nobody has claimed to be a footballing oracle. But thank god somebody else has actually looked at some statistics rather than just posting bland nothingness.

His amounts of minutes is maybe a slight disappointment, the manager clearly trusts to bring him on and keep the ball to close out games. I have little doubt that he will get far more minutes in his next 10 appearances than in his first 10. An additional context to consider is that he is probably competing against better players in MacAllister and Caicedo than they themselves were when they staked a first team place. They pushed ahead of, say, Alzate, who has loaned out this season. Brighton clearly believe MacAllister to be above Alzate, but he has to fight in front of a World Cup winner and a highly rated prospect in Caicedo.

I reckon Gilmour is playing about the amount of games he expected (starting in league cup and appearing in half of leagues games) but less minutes.

He is doing fine though, the person who thought he was doing terribly has thankfully left the thread. What a dreadful call that was.

That's not really how forums work, some people are desperate to believe that Gilmour is doing terribly and it wouldn't matter if he was scoring a hattrick each week. You can't convince flat earth people that the earth is round, and anyone blinkered enough to think he's doing terribly is already beyond help.

Hopefully by posting unbiased information, others can form a more balanced perspective. I didn't know he had appeared in 50% of Brightons league games until I checked, people can interpret that information how they want, but they certainly won't think he's doing terribly.

You're contribution is that 'he could be doing better' which is so utterly banal as to barely be worth replying to. Literally every footballer could be doing better. You are saying absolutely nothing.

Norwich played him regularly and he was the only player in that team to get a move to the EPL. So he seemed to do okay.

His player profile was known to Brighton when they signed him for a big fee, a few months, far more than they paid for MacAllister or Caicedo. 

What would define career success for you? He just got a long term contract at a Premier league club, who are renowned for their scouting and coaching.

If Ben Doak makes 23 PL appearances next season then gets a big money move to Brighton (with Liverpool trying to keep him) that would be doing fine. If he makes 35 PL appearances for Liverpool then he is doing excellent. If he is playing for Whitehall Welfare then he is doing terribly.

Quite how people don't see that is beyond me. Brighton believed enough in Gilmour a few months ago to sign him, and enough to play him twice in their last two games, and you're worried his career won't be a success? Wild.

They will do that even if he plays well.

The physical stuff again 😂 Plenty of excellent players have been GIlmours height and weight.

If he is meant to develop his physical ability, the coaches will have told him that and he will be doing it.

Kante was playing in the French third division at Gilmours age.

'Bulking up' is the most banal, da observation possible so it's no surprise you have repeatedly came out with it. Maybe he should work on his first touch and passing in training too? And strikers should work on their shooting?

Maybe you could create a blog of banal da observations of players?

Are you Billy’s dad? 

Everyone on P&B would love to see him be a success. The reality is that he has not been a success consistently in the EPL. He was not even a first choice at Norwich. Their supporters who saw him on a regular basis were highly critical of him as a player.

I’ve witnessed players in the EPL who stood out in struggling teams like Bolton and Norwich in the past that just can’t move onto bigger and better things. Billy could not even stand out in that Norwich team.

If Norwich had rated him they would have been first in the queue to buy him permanently.

A £9M transfer fee between two EPL clubs is chicken feed. It’s a gamble by Brighton. 

He is at an age where he should be starting regularly and performing consistently well. 

I sincerely hope he does but so far I’m far from convinced he has what it takes to make it at the top level.

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im saving his last post to read after the bells incase im to excited to sleep.

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

How about one guy painting it a ridiculous colour that everyone finds amusing just for balance?

Think these two consecutive one line posts signify your total non contribution to this thread.

Not content with one dreadful piece of banter, you step in with an even worse one. It's like stepping in the same dog shit twice.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Are you Billy’s dad? 

Everyone on P&B would love to see him be a success. The reality is that he has not been a success consistently in the EPL. He was not even a first choice at Norwich. Their supporters who saw him on a regular basis were highly critical of him as a player.

I’ve witnessed players in the EPL who stood out in struggling teams like Bolton and Norwich in the past that just can’t move onto bigger and better things. Billy could not even stand out in that Norwich team.

If Norwich had rated him they would have been first in the queue to buy him permanently.

A £9M transfer fee between two EPL clubs is chicken feed. It’s a gamble by Brighton. 

He is at an age where he should be starting regularly and performing consistently well. 

I sincerely hope he does but so far I’m far from convinced he has what it takes to make it at the top level.

I have absolutely no connection to him.

And if you think everyone on P&B wants him to be a success, you are naïve in the extreme. The troll who thought he was doing terribly absolutely does not want him to succeed.

He was absolutely first choice at Norwich, if you had bothered to look at the thread, you would realise he started 21 games and came off the bench three times. Due to injury and not being able to play Chelsea he was only available for 33 games, so he started 64% of the games he was available for and played 73% of them. 

Some of their supporters were critical, but then football fans tend to be fucking idiots. The manager clearly rated him and it's no surprise he was the only Norwich player to get a move to the Premier League, the others simply weren't good enough.

Regardless, Gilmour is clearly too good for the Championship so a permanent transfer was never on the cards.

Gilmour was Brightons third biggest transfer fee this season, and this isn't football manager the fee isn't chicken feed to them - their biggest transfer was only 18 million, Previs Estupinan. He looks great, is a regular international and had a fantastic world cup, but still has only managed 90 mins twice this season in the league. Their second biggest transfer, Julio Enscio, who joined at the start of the summer and had a full pre season, has made 2 PL appearances. It's almost as if they bed their signings in, who knew that all the evidence made this abundantly clear? I don't imagine you checked any of this, of course.

As pointed out, he has made the third most appearances of any Premier League central midfield of a similar age. So he seems to be doing okay.

And you don't believe he will make it to the top level, fine, your above post indicates you really didn't do much research at all. I would rather look at the Brighton recruitment team, one of the highest regarded in the world for identifying and developing young players. Who will be right, random guy on the internet or Brighton recruitment analysts who recommended him 3 months ago? I know who my money is on.

Edited by Satoshi

12 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He looks absolutely miles off it but tbf he’s not played all season despite what our resident poindexter says.

I think he has been one of Brightons better players. Decent on the ball and always showing

Yeah he did well, I thought. Still an empty jersey in defence but on the ball did pretty much did exactly as asked. Maybe not quite as energetic showing for the ball as we've come to expect, but hopefully he'll regain that with game time. 

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Zzzzzatoshi to soil his pants tonight one way or another! 😂 

Good call to take the l from your above post and move on.

And no worries, I'm sure this was funnier in your head. Had a bit of a think about your below statement so looked around.

14 hours ago, Molotov said:

As has been covered extensively already, at Gilmours age Jorginho and Kante were nobodies. However, let's look a bit closer to home.

Keinan Dewsbury Hall looks a pretty good Premier League player, spent his entire career at Leicester whilst they were in the Premier League. At Gilmours age he had 12 competitive appearances, enjoyed during his first loan spell with Blackpool in League 1. He graduated to the Championship the following season and made his premier league bow 9 days before his 23rd birthday. 

Nobody can doubt that Scott McTominay has had a good career, by Gilmours age he had made two PL appearances, one was 6 mins long, the other 90 mins in a last game of the season dead rubber. 2 league appearances by age 21 and still doing fine, who'd have thunk it? Anyone who knows about modern football I guess. By the time he turned 22 he had made 19 appearances, less than half what Gilmour is on as a 21 year old. 

Or how about Scotlands last midfield wonderkid? Darren Fletcher had made 40 PL appearances by Billys age, Gilmour is now on 41. I would be delighted if Gilmour has as good a career as Fletcher who was an excellent midfielder. 

Some posters might take this new information and adjust their viewpoint, you don't have to be playing consistently at age 21 in the top level to make it as a footballer. Will you do this? I doubt it, sadly, but other posters might.

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He looks absolutely miles off it but tbf he’s not played all season despite what our resident poindexter says.

Been a tough evening for you and the other haters I guess, sorry about that.

He looked fine, poor clearing header for one of the goals but that side of the game clearly needs work. He made an excellent pass to unlock the Arsenal defence for their first goal, that's his strength. Lamptey and Sanchez both had shockers. 

I'm not at all surprised De Zerbi trusted him to play the full 90, he had two extra subs and didn't use them.

The online consensus is that he did fine, as I would expect. He's playing against the best team in the league and isn't going to dominate the game, but doesn't look out of place either. He will make plenty of more appearances towards the end of this season and this thread will go very quiet.

The guy who thought he was doing terribly won't be seen again so that's a victory of sorts I guess. 

Edited by Satoshi

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

He will make plenty of more appearances towards the end of this season and this thread will go very quiet.

99% of that we have heard a million times.

The last bit, most of us have been posting about how good gilmour is for years. Go and take a read thru your very late to the party. You have only started posting recently to say how hes doing fine sitting on the bench and playing 17 mins in a season.

So it is clearly you who underrate gilmour. Id expect (if you actually had any ability to self reflect) that you would be the one who would be quiet.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

99% of that we have heard a million times.

The last bit, most of us have been posting about how good gilmour is for years. Go and take a read thru your very late to the party. You have only started posting recently to say how hes doing fine sitting on the bench and playing 17 mins in a season.

So it is clearly you who underrate gilmour. Id expect (if you actually had any ability to self reflect) that you would be the one who would be quiet.

You've twice said he has played 17 mins this season.

And twice you have been wrong.

Want to try a third time? Why not, you fucking it up is a pretty essential part of this sub forum.

Just now, Satoshi said:

You've twice said he has played 17 mins this season.

And twice you have been wrong.

Want to try a third time? Why not, you fucking it up is a pretty essential part of this sub forum.

What a poor attempt at defection 🤣

Im just thinking, you defending gilmours build earlier. And on the other thread denying (until proven wrong again) that being very small is a disadvantage in football.

Are you a very tiny weak wee guy??

You give off serious wee man energy🤣

He was Brighton's worst rated player on BBC yesterday.

Good to see him start but still miles off it. 23 minute mark perfect example the RB Lamptey had to rush in and do his job for him defensively as he can't/won't do it himself.

Good on the ball but he'll be good on the ball till he's 65. That's never been the problem. On the ball he's CL level. Off the ball a bad amateur player.

He'll leave on loan in January. 

51 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

What a poor attempt at defection 🤣

Im just thinking, you defending gilmours build earlier. And on the other thread denying (until proven wrong again) that being very small is a disadvantage in football.

Are you a very tiny weak wee guy??

You give off serious wee man energy🤣

It's deflection surely? Can you get anything right?

And not at all actually, I'm about 6 foot 2, and not very good at football. It helps with my tennis serve but that's about it.

Being very small is a disadvantage, there aren't many 5 foot footballers, but being very tall is also a bit disadvantage. At Gilmours height, in his position, it probably is a slight advantage. Hence why the very best playmakers are around his height. It won't hold him back at all. This isn't basketball, and football is much the better for it. Some of the best players of all time have been athletically quite undistinguished, and you wouldn't find that in most sports.

11 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He was Brighton's worst rated player on BBC yesterday.

Good to see him start but still miles off it. 23 minute mark perfect example the RB Lamptey had to rush in and do his job for him defensively as he can't/won't do it himself.

Good on the ball but he'll be good on the ball till he's 65. That's never been the problem. On the ball he's CL level. Off the ball a bad amateur player.

He'll leave on loan in January. 

Probably the thousands of accounts you created. It really is the most random marker of a players ability, no surprise you chose it.

Lamptey had a shocking game and was directly responsible for two of their goals.

An amateur player 😅

Why don't you take the charity bet on him leaving on loan? I doubt it, in addition to being a fantasist you strike me as a spineless coward.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

It's deflection surely? Can you get anything right?

And not at all actually, I'm about 6 foot 2, and not very good at football. It helps with my tennis serve but that's about it.

Being very small is a disadvantage, there aren't many 5 foot footballers, but being very tall is also a bit disadvantage. At Gilmours height, in his position, it probably is a slight advantage. Hence why the very best playmakers are around his height. It won't hold him back at all. This isn't basketball, and football is much the better for it. Some of the best players of all time have been athletically quite undistinguished, and you wouldn't find that in most sports.

Probably the thousands of accounts you created. It really is the most random marker of a players ability, no surprise you chose it.

Lamptey had a shocking game and was directly responsible for two of their goals.

An amateur player 😅

Why don't you take the charity bet on him leaving on loan? I doubt it, in addition to being a fantasist you strike me as a spineless coward.

Shut up nutcase. I did. Three months, that's the bet. You've turned it down twice.

As for goals it was Gilmour's header that was responsible for Arsenal's second goal. I noticed you said you're not very good at football. Quelle surprise. Well if you were you'd know you get taught at ten years old you head that out wide, not weakly into the middle of the box for someone to smash home like Gilmour did.

Watch it, now I've explained that to you it will be very obvious.