Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On 20/08/2022 at 02:49, Theroadlesstravelled said:

What team would be realistically start for? 

And why are clubs like Wolves looking elsewhere?

Not overly familiar with Fulham’s or Leeds squads or what their status is  regarding being able to loan any more players but from what I’ve seen of both so far this season, on the face of it either of them might be a decent option? Fulham possibly the more favourable of the two being another London club 🤔

I see he - along with Barkley and Alonso - trained with the academy yesterday while Chelsea's first team had an open training session. A few players didn't take part in that session and they're all "close to moves away". Still no chat as to where Gilmour's going, but hopefully he's playing football by the September window.

57 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Not overly familiar with Fulham’s or Leeds squads or what their status is  regarding being able to loan any more players but from what I’ve seen of both so far this season, on the face of it either of them might be a decent option? Fulham possibly the more favourable of the two being another London club 🤔

Based on what I've seen of Liverpool so far this season they might be a bad option as Billy Gilmour isn't well suited to participating relegation battle. 

The Athletic are saying Billy Gilmour is wanted by Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion. They also say that Chelsea's preference is to loan him to a fellow Premier League club or another top-flight side in Europe which is new information to me.

Brighton cannot loan Billy Gilmour because they have already loaned Levi Colwill from Chelsea this window so should be interesting to see what happens. We don't know Billy Gilmour's preference, but I think it's would be fair to say his main motivation is just to play first team football.

https://theathletic.com/3544084/2022/08/29/ornstein-transfer-deadline-pepe-premier-league/?source=emp_shared_article

Edited by 2426255

Do we think Clarke will still pick him for next month? I don't really see how he can now. I think its too late for him to get up to speed even if he moves this week. 
He and others have been picked before despite not playing, but going more than three months without a proper game is pushing it. Suppose Patterson spent similar time out of action earlier this year yet still got picked on two separate occasions.

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
53 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:
Do we think Clarke will still pick him for next month? I don't really see how he can now. I think its too late for him to get up to speed even if he moves this week. 

He and others have been picked before despite not playing, but going more than three months without a proper game is pushing it. Suppose Patterson spent similar time out of action earlier this year yet still got picked on two separate occasions.

Felt like Hutton went years at a time without playing for the first team but was normally pretty reliable when called upon for Scotland.

I'd be surprised if Gilmour's not at least in the squads even if he doesn't start this time.

Surprised he’s not moved by now, surely someone’s going to take a punt on him in the next couple of days? If he can’t get another EPL team he’ll need to swallow his pride and go to The Championship or back to Rangers. He can’t be staying in the Chelsea youth team till January.

2 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

Yeah he’ll be picked. Whether he plays might depend on how he looks when he gets there but Clarke showed faith in Patterson and chose him when he wasn’t playing.

I think unless he really needs to change things a little bit, his plan is to keep the same core group. 

He’s been given a squad number seemingly. Might see him on the bench tomorrow with the injuries and suspensions Chelsea have in midfield.
I’d still expect him to leave after that though.
Yeah think you're right. Batshuayi and Kenedy have also been given numbers and I don't think anyone expects them to be re-integrated. Hopefully it doesn't indicate that he's not able to get a move though.