Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I think wherever he plays this season things will be better for him as he isn't going there with much hype after last season. 

Yea this is a good point and hopefully correct. Doesn't look like he's in Tuchel's plans (short term anyway) so hopefully a loan move at the right club this time. Would love to see him go abroad for a season. One of the top end teams in italy/spain/germany. I think this would suit him and give him some breathing space. 

Not even been given a squad number for the coming season, apparently. It's now a case of just hoping he makes the right move.

A loan wouldn't be a disaster as I wouldn't be overly surprised if Tuchel isn't there this time next year, but Gilmour will probably want to leave permanently.

That's an odd one. I wonder what TT's thinking behind that is. Perhaps Gilmour's pushed for first team football and TT can't guarantee it, so they've already agreed he can leave.

I don't think BG regressed particularly over the last year.

They are both older (far older in RLCs case) and far behind Gilmour was at the same age.

Last season there Tuchel wanted to keep Gilmour not put him on loan (he didn't give a shit about Gallagher). Wouldn't be surprised if next season Gilmour leapfrogs him again, he's been ahead of him for the last few years.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

They are both older (far older in RLCs case) and far behind Gilmour was at the same age.

Last season there Tuchel wanted to keep Gilmour not put him on loan (he didn't give a shit about Gallagher). Wouldn't be surprised if next season Gilmour leapfrogs him again, he's been ahead of him for the last few years.

Gilmour is 21, he’s had one full season on loan in the Premiership behind him

At the same age, Gallagher had had an full season on loan in the Championship and a full season on loan in the Premiership. 

6 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Gilmour is 21, he’s had one full season on loan in the Premiership behind him

At the same age, Gallagher had had an full season on loan in the Championship and a full season on loan in the Premiership. 

Yes but last season Tuchel vocally wanted to keep Gilmour at Chelsea (who don't forget had also played several times in the first team, winning motm awards, and was a full time international).

Gallagher was none of these things. There is absolutely no doubt Gilmour was ahead of him in the Chelsea pecking order at the start of last season.

From what I can see online it’s because he wants to leave to get game time rather than go on another loan.

Hopefully a decent club will come in for him - apparently Everton want him but I don’t know if that would be a very good move tbh - can see another Norwich with that one, they don’t seem to be very strong. I suppose Lampard does know what he can do well enough though. 

From what I can see online it’s because he wants to leave to get game time rather than go on another loan.
Hopefully a decent club will come in for him - apparently Everton want him but I don’t know if that would be a very good move tbh - can see another Norwich with that one, they don’t seem to be very strong. I suppose Lampard does know what he can do well enough though. 
Yeah Everton would only work for Gilmour if they made another few strong signings to go with him, and that doesn't look like happening. Their squad looks very weak.

23 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
5 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah Everton would only work for Gilmour if they made another few strong signings to go with him, and that doesn't look like happening. Their squad looks very weak.

I'd love to see him try his luck abroad, a move to Spain would be perfect for him imo.

Guest Livifc1

Totally agree with the sentiments that Billy, at this stage of his career, would be best suited to the Spanish league. I really hope that his advisers, someone has a word in his ear and tells him that is the place for him at this moment in time. 
Im pretty sure his style of play would also change for the better if he went there. I’m sure the coaches in Spain would have him spending less time in front of the defence and more time in central midfield and up nearer the forwards. 

Edited by Livifc1

21 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah it's demonstrating elite mentality again.

Gilmour definitely seems to have his head screwed on and believes fully in his ability.

Good for him, mentality is maybe even more important than talent when it comes to success. Probably why he strolled into a man of our match performance against Liverpool in one of his first ever senior appearances.

On 31/07/2022 at 03:16, Satoshi said:

Yeah it's demonstrating elite mentality again.

Gilmour definitely seems to have his head screwed on and believes fully in his ability.

Good for him, mentality is maybe even more important than talent when it comes to success. Probably why he strolled into a man of our match performance against Liverpool in one of his first ever senior appearances.

You're certainly extracting maximum value from his fabled performance against Liverpool. 

Edited by 2426255

On 01/08/2022 at 13:40, 2426255 said:

You're certainly extracting maximum value from his fabled performance against Liverpool. 

It was an extraordinary performance to see a kid like 18 year old run the show against a team of Liverpool's calibre and he won praise for it around the world.

It was Gavi or Pedri levels of precociousness.

I'm not surprised you hated every minute of it.

5 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Yet didn’t 

Correct, Tuchel said in the press he wanted Gilmour to stay and be part of the first team, Gilmour insisted on going on loan for first team minutes. He said nothing about Gallagher because he just wasn't on his radar.

You seem surprised that player power exists.

Gilmour looks to be forcing a permanent move, good on him. Destination Rangers? Forest Green Rovers?

Nope, looks likely to be Everton. Another premier League team, the seethe on this thread will be something to see if the move goes through.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

It was an extraordinary performance to see a kid like 18 year old run the show against a team of Liverpool's calibre and he won praise for it around the world.

It was Gavi or Pedri levels of precociousness.

I'm not surprised you hated every minute of it.

I never watched it to be honest. I hope he stays in a top 5 League so he can begin to justify the hype. Would love it if he goes to Everton - although I'd also like to see him stay and see if he could earn a first team place at Chelsea.

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I never watched it to be honest. I hope he stays in a top 5 League so he can begin to justify the hype. Would love it if he goes to Everton - although I'd also like to see him stay and see if he could earn a first team place at Chelsea.

I'd be surprised if you saw any of his games before he went to Norwich, when you suddenly started watching them all so you could complain on here about it.

31 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I'd be surprised if you saw any of his games before he went to Norwich, when you suddenly started watching them all so you could complain on here about it.

I saw him play for Scotland against England before he joined Norwich, so there's an obvious one. I watched the Norwich games because they had three Scotland players in their team, so it wasn't solely motivated by Billy Gilmour. 

I was planning to watch Scott McTominay at Manchester United this year but If he ends up going to Everton then it might be worthwhile watching him and Nathan Patterson to see how they get on.

If I remember correctly you didn't watch him play a single game for Norwich last season and that didn't stop you coming on here to say how well he was doing. 😁