Billy Gilmour

Kuro

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Does that mean you'll never post about him again? Thank god for that!

I'll probably post my thoughts for the rest of this season, after that? not too sure -depends on where he goes next season whether I watch any of his games.

That said, it's been so much fun and you've been so engaging I might have to make a special effort to follow Cliffs career just for you Satoshi. 💋

I hope wee billy is watching every second of Luka Modric’s career. What a player that guy is. imo the unsung hero in Real Madrid‘s route to the final and the exact type of player Gilmour should be modelling his game on.

Incidentally, at Gilmour’s age, Modric was being loaned out by dynamo Zagreb….

Edited by bleedingums

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'll probably post my thoughts for the rest of this season, after that? not too sure -depends on where he goes next season whether I watch any of his games.

That said, it's been so much fun and you've been so engaging I might have to make a special effort to follow Cliffs career just for you Satoshi. 💋

No need, we already know what your thoughts are you don't need to keep posting.

Why not ruin another thread?

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

To be honest with you mate, if you hadn't kept replying I'd have probably already moved on. 

14 hours ago, Satoshi said:

As the good book says, if your eye doth offend you, pluck it out.

You've been advised frequently to stick him on your ignore list. The fact you haven't tells me that there's a part of you that loves this back and forth.

He only does this shit for bites. If you don't bite, he won't do it. So stop biting and put him on ignore. 

Bit offended that people keep referring to Oor Billy ending up working at 5 Guys, like they'll just take anyone.

It'll be a six month apprenticeship at bottom-of-the-barrel shite like McDonalds before he'll get to climb the fast food ladder, I'm afraid. Let's hope he handles burgers better than his football career, or it'll be a free transfer to a Taco Bell in Tucson, tout suite!

Quite funny watching his brother Harvey play for Killie's u18s tonight as he plays just like Billy at the base of midfield, albeit nowhere near as well. I didn't see anything of Billy at Harvey's age but the latter really is tiny up and out the way.

Any Killie fans on here know how he's rated at the club? I don't recall seeing him in the younger Scotland squads?

What I mean by that is that I'm not sure he would have any hype about him or any interest in his progress if he wasn't who he was. He's just a standard youth player at a mid-ranking club. It wasn't a judgement on his character or behaviour.

I think he is probably living off the name.
What I mean by that is that I'm not sure he would have any hype about him or any interest in his progress if he wasn't who he was. He's just a standard youth player at a mid-ranking club. It wasn't a judgement on his character or behaviour.
I remember paper talk that Chelsea were "interested" and tbf there was a Chelsea scout there last night (none other than Tom Taiwo).

He looked a nice enough player but hard to say too much after one game in which he came off early in the second half. I'll take your word for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Rounding off Billy Gilmours loan spell, he missed some games due to injury and illness (and twice versus Chelsea) but still managed to make 24 appearances. We will assume that if he wasn't on the bench he was unavailable which means he missed 5 through injury/illness which sounds about right.

Of the 31 he was available for he started 21 and came off the bench in 3. So he's making appearances in 77% of the games he's available for and starting 68% of them.

This is only considering the league, he also made 4 appearances across the Carabaro Cup and FA cup (only not being involved once against Charlton, as he wasn't on the bench he may have been unavailable).

There aren't many young central midfielders playing in the EPL (or indeed in many of the top European five leagues). It's a tough position to learn at the top level and they are a rare commodity. Maybe why so many of the top ones like Jorginho and Kante started much further down the leagues. In the EPL only Jacob Ramsey made more appearances in central midfield currently aged 21 or younger. Not counting Conor Gallagher who is around 1.5 years older than Gilmour or Ramsey (but started the season aged 21). Not terribly surprised his form dropped off towards the end of the season, think he's more of a Joe Willock who Chelsea will get good money for rather than integrate into their first team.

Sure this has been a great experience for Gilmour, and I'm still willing to bet with anyone he finds another team to go on loan to in Europe's top five leagues next year (or gets a handful of appearances for Chelsea who may be keen to keep him again like they were at the start of this season).

37 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Rounding off Billy Gilmours loan spell, he missed some games due to injury and illness (and twice versus Chelsea) but still managed to make 24 appearances. We will assume that if he wasn't on the bench he was unavailable which means he missed 5 through injury/illness which sounds about right.

Of the 31 he was available for he started 21 and came off the bench in 3. So he's making appearances in 77% of the games he's available for and starting 68% of them.

This is only considering the league, he also made 4 appearances across the Carabaro Cup and FA cup (only not being involved once against Charlton, as he wasn't on the bench he may have been unavailable).

There aren't many young central midfielders playing in the EPL (or indeed in many of the top European five leagues). It's a tough position to learn at the top level and they are a rare commodity. Maybe why so many of the top ones like Jorginho and Kante started much further down the leagues. In the EPL only Jacob Ramsey made more appearances in central midfield currently aged 21 or younger. Not counting Conor Gallagher who is around 1.5 years older than Gilmour or Ramsey (but started the season aged 21). Not terribly surprised his form dropped off towards the end of the season, think he's more of a Joe Willock who Chelsea will get good money for rather than integrate into their first team.

Sure this has been a great experience for Gilmour, and I'm still willing to bet with anyone he finds another team to go on loan to in Europe's top five leagues next year (or gets a handful of appearances for Chelsea who may be keen to keep him again like they were at the start of this season).

Each to their own, but a patchy loan spell at the worst team in the league (along with Watford miles behind the rest). Hasnt changed my opinion of him. Gilmour needs the ball, not to be constantly chasing the ball.

I dont see him as a Joe Willock, I still see him as a guy destined to be one of the best.

Im basing this on what we've seen him do for Scotland and for Chelsea. Put him in a team with good players and he excels.

Tbh I think he makes good players better, like Callum McGregor. Weve never seen McGregor play as consistently well for Scotland and I think a large part of that is playing with Gilmour. He brings the best out of others.

Let's see what next season brings. Hopefully this season hasn't put anyone off taking him on loan and he can get in with a more competitive team next year.

If 4/5 years from now Gilmour isn't playing regularly at one of the best clubs in the world then fair enough I called it wrong. But at the moment I'm sticking with he is very good. And he's going to be world class.

9 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Each to their own, but a patchy loan spell at the worst team in the league (along with Watford miles behind the rest). Hasnt changed my opinion of him. Gilmour needs the ball, not to be constantly chasing the ball.

I dont see him as a Joe Willock, I still see him as a guy destined to be one of the best.

Im basing this on what we've seen him do for Scotland and for Chelsea. Put him in a team with good players and he excels.

Tbh I think he makes good players better, like Callum McGregor. Weve never seen McGregor play as consistently well for Scotland and I think a large part of that is playing with Gilmour. He brings the best out of others.

Let's see what next season brings. Hopefully this season hasn't put anyone off taking him on loan and he can get in with a more competitive team next year.

If 4/5 years from now Gilmour isn't playing regularly at one of the best clubs in the world then fair enough I called it wrong. But at the moment I'm sticking with he is very good. And he's going to be world class.

Fair enough, although I meant Conor Gallagher was more like Joe Willock - not Gilmour who has shone at international level, and Chelsea rate very highly.

Some players have purple loan patches (Jesse Lingard) and some good players have average loan spells. For me Gilmour is more likely to be the latter, there's a reason the Chelsea hierarchy rated him high above Gallagher for the past few years.

I think it's been a difficult season for Billy Gilmour and overall he has done okay, he has played a good number of minutes which is great. I don't think in terms of performance he excelled or managed to add value to the Norwich City team so that's probably the biggest disappointment. 

Looking forward to seeing what happens next season for him and I'm happy the hype surrounding this player has dissipated for the time being. 

4 minutes ago, Loominous said:

tbh, I was expecting a hell of a lot more from BG this season - how come he didn't shine at Norwich?

They are complete shite and the worst team in the division.

Ismaila Sarr is rightly regarded as a good player, he had a pretty poor season with Watford too (despite being pretty experienced and their star man).

Very few players look good when playing for teams well out their depth. Across those two clubs nobody really had a good season, Pukkis goal scoring record is only decent.

Will be interesting to se where he goes from here. Can't see him getting anywhere near the Chelsea first team. Not sure where would be a good place to go on loan. Maybe a top Championship team. He turns 21 next week so needs to get his finger out next season wherever he is.