Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Not sure if this has had an effect on decisions to play Billy Gilmour at Norwich City. It would be mad to base team selection around finances - interesting nonetheless though.

https://theathletic.com/3165235/2022/03/06/thumped-by-brentford-what-do-norwich-do-next-for-chelsea-and-leeds/?source=emp_shared_article

I doubt it tbh, staying up is worth more to Norwich than paying Chelsea a few grand in not playing Gilmour. It was also not an issue for them when Farke didn’t play him. 

Whether the fans etc think it’s right or not, I think Smith plays him because he wants to play him. 

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I doubt it tbh, staying up is worth more to Norwich than paying Chelsea a few grand in not playing Gilmour. It was also not an issue for them when Farke didn’t play him. 

Whether the fans etc think it’s right or not, I think Smith plays him because he wants to play him. 

I tend to agree, but it seems like a pointess aside to include in his article - maybe MB is letting the poor results and likelihood of relegation affect his writing.

32 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I tend to agree, but it seems like a pointess aside to include in his article - maybe MB is letting the poor results and likelihood of relegation affect his writing.

I think Bailey is writing subscription content and knows his audience. It’s a lazy article tbh. 

52 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Gilmour is definitely overrated.

He’ll end up at Hibs or Dundee Utd eventually 

We’ve got Captain Saintsible problems, but Billy Gilmour ain’t one…

(worked better with the number guy and at least he makes an effort at his trolling)

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Have you seen Billy in his games for Scotland? @Satoshi

Yes, I don't imagine you have ever watched a Scotland match. Certainly not one when you're supporting Scotland.

7 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Not sure if this has had an effect on decisions to play Billy Gilmour at Norwich City. It would be mad to base team selection around finances - interesting nonetheless though.

https://theathletic.com/3165235/2022/03/06/thumped-by-brentford-what-do-norwich-do-next-for-chelsea-and-leeds/?source=emp_shared_article

It will have zero effect. Also I suscribe to the Athletic and that article wasn't on the front page, buried in some club page. It's likely similar clauses are in place for Normann and Kabak - both of whom are not playing regularly (for me a near certainty both are on higher wages too).

So, poor try overall.

13 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Yes, I don't imagine you have ever watched a Scotland match. Certainly not one when you're supporting Scotland.

I'm not loyal to a club side anymore, so the Scotland National Team is who I follow and I make time to watch all of their games and frees me up somewhat to watch or attend other games involving NT players such as Celtic, Aberdeen or the likes of Newcastle United, Southampton and Norwich City.

I think it's common today for people to provide opinions on things they haven't ever seen, but I try not to do that.

Edited by 2426255

42 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I'm not loyal to a club side anymore, so the Scotland National Team is who I follow and I make time to watch all of their games and frees me up somewhat to watch or attend other games involving NT players such as Celtic, Aberdeen or the likes of Newcastle United, Southampton and Norwich City.

I think it's common today for people to provide opinions on things they haven't ever seen, but I try not to do that and make an effort to backup with sources so people can make their own judgements.

Out of interest, who did you used to support and what caused your loyalty to them to disappear? 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Out of interest, who did you used to support and what caused your loyalty to them to disappear? 

I grew up a Jambo and distance: I lost interest in Scottish football and football generally when I left Scotland due to work for an extended period of time. 

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I think it's common today for people to provide opinions on things they haven't ever seen, but I try not to do that.

So every time you comment on Gilmour you have seen the full 90 minutes of the match he has just played? Or do you turn it off when he gets subbed?

Not that it matters, but I'm not providing an opinion on something I haven't seen. If I said Gilmour played a great pass on the 16th minute that would be just making something up, if I point out how he is doing compared to other Chelsea loanees or Jorginho or Kante at the same age that is not.

Simple stuff.

20 hours ago, Satoshi said:

So every time you comment on Gilmour you have seen the full 90 minutes of the match he has just played? Or do you turn it off when he gets subbed?

Not that it matters, but I'm not providing an opinion on something I haven't seen. If I said Gilmour played a great pass on the 16th minute that would be just making something up, if I point out how he is doing compared to other Chelsea loanees or Jorginho or Kante at the same age that is not.

Simple stuff.

How do you put the in game statistics you've seen into a context if you haven't seen any of Norwich City's games this season or are you mainly just commenting on the bigger picture?

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

How do you put the in game statistics you've seen into a context if you haven't seen any of Norwich City's games this season or are you mainly just commenting on the bigger picture?

I think the more pertinent question to ask, how many full 90 minutes of Norwich have you seen this season?

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

I think the more pertinent question to ask, how many full 90 minutes of Norwich have you seen this season?

I've watched about 10 of their games on TV throughout the season and I attended 2 of their matches against Newcastle and Southampton. So 12 games or so.

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I've watched about 10 of their games on TV throughout the season and I attended 2 of their matches against Newcastle and Southampton. So 12 games or so.

Does that include watching any matches in full which weren't broadcast live?

It's some dedication, just so you can complain about Gilmour online afterwards.

Do you sulk when he completes a pass and cheer when he loses the ball?

Edited by Satoshi

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Does that include watching any matches in full which weren't broadcast live?

It's some dedication, just so you can complain about Gilmour online afterwards.

Do you sulk when he completes a pass and cheer when he loses the ball?

I suppose it requires dedication to be informed on any subject. I don’t have a club loyalty, so I refocus that time into teams that have good representation within the National Team such as Norwich (Hanley, Gilmour, McLean) or Celtic (Turnbull, McGregor, Taylor, Ralston, Forrest). 

This thread proves you are anything but informed though.

It's like someone bragging they have read 100 books, meaningless if you don't understand any of it and continue to display obvious knowledge gaps.

If you are watching full re-runs of matches already played just to criticise one of the players this is another tickbox in the psycho obsessive behaviour you have demonstrated with regards to Gilmour.

You wondered previously if Chelsea will sell him given his contract is expiring next summer. Given Chelsea are notorious for keeping young players on contract even if it is clear they will never break in (Piazon and Baker are two of a long list of examples), the chances of Chelsea not offering him a renewal are effectively zero. There is a small chance Gilmour won't want to renew but why push to be sold a year before your contract expires? Just wait and get paid more.

Someone who knew even a little about football would know the above, you do not, hence how many games you go to isn't that relevant.

And no surprise your predictions on him getting recalled in January to go to Rangers or the Championship didn't happen or even come close to happening. And his new manager rates him and starts him whenever he is available.

Sore one, this really hasn't gone to plan for you.

Edited by Satoshi

8 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

This thread proves you are anything but informed though.

It's like someone bragging they have read 100 books, meaningless if you don't understand any of it and continue to display obvious knowledge gaps.

If you are watching full re-runs of matches already played just to criticise one of the players this is another tickbox in the psycho obsessive behaviour you have demonstrated with regards to Gilmour.

You wondered previously if Chelsea will sell him given his contract is expiring next summer. Given Chelsea are notorious for keeping young players on contract even if it is clear they will never break in (Piazon and Baker are two of a long list of examples), the chances of Chelsea not offering him a renewal are effectively zero. There is a small chance Gilmour won't want to renew but why push to be sold a year before your contract expires? Just wait and get paid more.

Someone who knew even a little about football would know the above, you do not, hence how many games you go to isn't that relevant.

And no surprise your predictions on him getting recalled in January to go to Rangers or the Championship didn't happen or even come close to happening. And his new manager rates him and starts him whenever he is available.

Sore one, this really hasn't gone to plan for you.

You hate me clearly. 😄