Billy Gilmour

Kuro

16 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I think he can make 100+ appearances in the top 5 leagues, but that wouldn't really match the hype around him which has gone overboard. At the end of the day we can only really tell at the end of his career, but just now? the hype and tribalism is working against him. Presently there are a couple of Scottish people causing havoc on the Norwich City forums which will only encourage more people to get on his back in the next match against Leicester. 

I thought this post was short and simple and summed it up from a Norwich perspective.

image.thumb.png.403b207dfd5f39f1e16b2c3e81fa3876.png

Really? If they are complete fucking morons I guess.

Imagine if I went to a match and shouted abuse at a player because someone on a forum said he was good and I didn't agree - the behaviour of reprehensible c***s I'm afraid.

Also, we have no idea if these other posters are Scottish or not, I really don't think it matters anywhere near as much as you think it does.

But if you don't like >100 appearances in a top 5 league then name your bet. Put your money where your motuh is.

Incidentally, >100 appearances in a top 5 league and making millions is a pretty good career - regardless of the 'hype' surrounding him.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Really? If they are complete fucking morons I guess.

Imagine if I went to a match and shouted abuse at a player because someone on a forum said he was good and I didn't agree - the behaviour of reprehensible c***s I'm afraid.

Also, we have no idea if these other posters are Scottish or not, I really don't think it matters anywhere near as much as you think it does.

But if you don't like >100 appearances in a top 5 league then name your bet. Put your money where your motuh is.

Incidentally, >100 appearances in a top 5 league and making millions is a pretty good career - regardless of the 'hype' surrounding him.

I think the expectations of him are closer to 200+ appearances for Chelsea or a similarly sized club. Might as well wrap this up here mate, Wrong or right, I'd just say it's maybe worth putting yourself in the Norwich fans shoes and you can see why they're are behaving the way they are. If you want to take the bet on 200+ Premier League appearances for Chelsea you can pm me, but I think we're crossed wires a little and probably have similar expectations of Gilmour. 😁

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

I think the expectations of him are closer to 200+ appearances for Chelsea or a similarly sized club. Might as well wrap this up here mate, Wrong or right, I'd just say it's maybe worth putting yourself in the Norwich fans shoes and you can see why they're are behaving the way they are. If you want to take the bet on 200+ Premier League appearances for Chelsea you can pm me, but I think we're crossed wires a little and probably have similar expectations of Gilmour. 😁

I would never shout abuse at any football player in my own team. I would never shout abuse at a 20 year old in any circumstances. These are meant to be grown men, it's horrid behaviour. To do it because of someone not even connected to the individual is posting on an online forum transforms it from being regular scummy behaviour to weirdo online troll behaviour.

I would happily compromise on 200+ apperances in Europes top 5 leagues - name your price.

three basic questions:

1. Does Billy Gilmour have the ability to play as a regular in the English Premiership - mid table side or for whoever? 

2. Does Billy Gilmour have the ability to play for a top European (inc English) side? 

3. if your answer to questions 1 and 2 is yes, then will he go on to play for a top English or European side? 

This is basically the three pertinent questions which are being conflated on loop through perhaps ignorance or attention seeking/trolling. 

If your answer to 1 is "no", or not sure, then I question your ability to identify any good player and/or be subjective about the actual stands of the English Premiership. It would seem some rely on under pressure managers' selection and partisan football fans comments to inform their opinion of the technical ability of a player. 

If your answer to 2 is "no" or "don't know" that is fair enough - however my tuppence worth is that I think your average discerning football fan with an interest has seen enough of his Scotland displays and those earlier at Chelsea to say that he does have the ability to at least push for a place in a decent European side but not a top 4 side such as Chelsea in any of the big leagues. Re "hype" and whatever other nonsense is being trotted out on here - please see the above part in bold

And any answer to 3 is perfectly acceptable imo based on the number of variables at play including in particular confidence and attitude, progression, as well as having the right manager/team and luck when it comes to moves etc. 

9 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

If your answer to 1 is "no", or not sure, then I question your ability to identify any good player and/or be subjective about the actual stands of the English Premiership.

I do hope your ability to identify good players is better than your ability to identify a good manager, below has been taken from the Time to go Steve Clarke thread.

On 05/08/2021 at 15:49, KingRocketman II said:

his record is poor. the team remains disjointed. jotters. nuff said. 

Satoshi, I'll take the bet - £100 to a charity of your choice. Is that fair enough? 

8 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I do hope your ability to identify good players is better than your ability to identify a good manager, below has been taken from the Time to go Steve Clarke thread.

I questioned the performances under Clarke up till the recent excellent upturn. You kept posting incessantly on that topic without offering an opinion - "we are where we should be" and "we could easily lose to Faroes" etc and such like.

You were posting there much in the same manner as you are doing here and just regurgitating banal nonsense. In fact after you defended the Denmark away performance with a number of posts you conceded you actually hadn't watched the game 🤣

I'll leave you to your incessant trolling on these two threads. 

1 minute ago, KingRocketman II said:

I questioned the performances under Clarke up till the recent excellent upturn. You kept posting incessantly on that topic without offering an opinion - "we are where we should be" and "we could easily lose to Faroes" etc and such like.

You were posting there much in the same manner as you are doing here and just regurgitating banal nonsense. In fact after you defended the Denmark away performance with a number of posts you conceded you actually hadn't watched the game 🤣

I'll leave you to your incessant trolling on these two threads. 

My behavior on that thread has no impact on your judgement of Steve Clarke or you ability or lack thereof to judge a player or a manager. In the case of predicting the future I'd say your past performance is a good guide as to how reliable you are and whether you're worth listening to. 🤫

Just now, 2426255 said:

My behavior on that thread has no impact on your judgement of Steve Clarke or you ability or lack thereof to judge a player or a manager. In the case of predicting the future I'd say your past performance is a good guide as to how reliable you are and whether you're worth listening to. 🤫

as said carry on 🤣

Will do, what you need to do before questioning other peoples judgement is to take a step back and start building a body of evidence that shows you know what you're talking about. It's okay to sit on the fence if you're not sure and if you are then maybe sit on it for a bit and think if it's really worth putting your name to.

If you look back I was correct in certain instances where I offered a fixed view ranging from Tommy Wright being a bad choice of manager for Kilmarnock, John Souttar starting in the game against Denmark,  Steve Clarke being the man for the Scotland job to this now with Billy Gilmour being overhyped. If you want any more advice I'm happy to coach you further. 😄 

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Satoshi, I'll take the bet - £100 to a charity of your choice. Is that fair enough? 

Certainly, Gilmour to make >200 league appearances in a top 5 European league? Going to be a multi year bet but I'm very confident - bookmark this.

41 minutes ago, velo army said:

Fair play to the numbers fella for his indefatigable persistence and determined focusing of attention on a single part of the forum. Still getting bites after all these months too.

Chapeau amigo. 

Ha, I know. You get so tired of it that you can't help but challenge him on regurgitating the same pish - but then that just perpetuates the conversation and the thread which is what he is looking for. And so the merry dance continues - he gets the bites on the back of the stupidity of posters like me who engage. 

Their talking about this very topic at the moment on talksport.

To paraphrase Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose.

Their both basically saying they can't understand norwich fans.

Basically gilmour is their best player, and the other players aren't on his level. They also think he should get recalled to Chelsea to play due to their shortage in midfield currently. Or go on loan to a better team where he can excel.

They both think hed an excellent player and mentioned he was the best player on the pitch vs england.

Norwich fan on just now saying its a small minority of fans giving him stick.

10 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Basically gilmour is their best player, and the other players aren't on his level. They also think he should get recalled to Chelsea to play due to their shortage in midfield currently. Or go on loan to a better team where he can excel.

They both think hed an excellent player and mentioned he was the best player on the pitch vs england.

👀 Sadly, I know you're being serious here mate. I'll just say publicly that Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose won't have their fingers on the pulse at Norwich especially given they were both Ipswich players.

[emoji102] Sadly, I know you're being serious here mate. I'll just say publicly that Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose won't have their fingers on the pulse at Norwich especially given they were both Ipswich players.
So what you're saying is that literally anyone with a different opinion to you is wrong?

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I find for some reason loan players get targeted more when the shits hitting the fan. They probably realise they are going down and know he won’t be joining them in the championship next season.

4 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The problem is that it doesn’t matter to Norwich fans how well he did for Scotland or Chelsea, so people like Bent talking about the England game, just winds them up more.

I think that he’s been average in the team so far so saying he’s great all the time is harming him more than helping. Most games he has been doing a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. He’s not been their best player but equally, the Norwich fans are far off the mark in saying he’s their worst as well.

My worry is that it’s at the point where it’s just too toxic there for him to stay. The fans now utterly ignore anything decent he does on the pitch and when commentators say anything positive, it’s taken with outrage as thought they are lying.

I can see the chanting etc getting worse, especially at the moment because they have something like 9 first team players out, and are running on a skeleton team. Results won’t improve until they get some of their better players back - this is going to just get worse before it gets better.

13 hours ago, dysartrovers said:
16 hours ago, 2426255 said:
emoji102.png Sadly, I know you're being serious here mate. I'll just say publicly that Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose won't have their fingers on the pulse at Norwich especially given they were both Ipswich players.

So what you're saying is that literally anyone with a different opinion to you is wrong?

Not at all.

1. Anyone who has watched Billy Gilmour at Norwich couldn't say he is playing like their best player.

2. Why would ex Ipswich players Darren Ambrose or Darren Bent know anything about the situation at Norwich? Their answer saying that Billy is their best player citing the England - Scotland game as proof shows only a surface level analysis typical of mainstream radio such as Talksport.

I don't think they're making things up, they're just giving an opinion on the topic. I don't think they have their finger on the pulse for the two reasons listed above.

If you don't want to listen to me then listen to Jambomo - he knows what is going on with Gilmour or listen to this from around 28:30 or you could also watch him for yourself in a Norwich shirt.

Edited by 2426255

Yeah what they have to say regarding Norwich is invalid given the history - will be looking for bites. Gilmour is one of Norwich’s better players. He is not the best at this moment in time. Normann unfortunately has a lengthy spell out injured but he was making a huge impression playing exactly where Gilmour is before his injury. In fact Gilmour best games for Norwich came when he wasn’t the main pivot (Normann was) and had a more advanced role.

Overall it’s become way more difficult for him under Dean Smith because unfortunately Norwich panicked and sacked Farke who is a much better manager. Dean Smith has already lost the identity Norwich had for their beautiful football. Having said that at least Gilmour is getting minutes under him.