Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

Cancelled Sky in 2013 but i'm ''Brainwashed by Sky'' only 3 go up to the prem, the ugly sister arent getting out of that league and neither are the shite they're able to beat in some B Tech european competition

WTF are you on about? Obsessed with Ranger & Celtic much? They wont get out of the English Championship for the same reason they won't win the English Permiership - they are Scottish clubs and play in the Scottish leagues.

You're one of these deluded morons that believe because Sky hype it up that its good quality football and befitting of what is allegedly the 5th most financially lucrative league in Europe.

All this wanking over how good the Championship is just to try prove that the team around BG at Norwich isn't bang average lower quality players which limits the impact he can make.

Priceless the shite folks put on here then caveat with 'I've no interest anyway' and see it as a positive to slate Scottish talent and leagues because it makes them look cultured having a following of the big leagues in England.

Minters.

Edited by bdu98196
Spelling corrected so its clear who a fucking mug on this topic

I have to disagree about it being over-hyped. The EPL is absolutely over-hyped. It's competed between 2/3 sides most years and when the big teams meet, more often than not it's a complete snoozefest of a game.

The English Championship really isn't like that. There are the odd occasions where a side runs away with it but generally it's usually a closely competed division. My English side is Middlesbrough and it's incredible how quickly they can go from a promotion playoff spot to being in danger at the other end and vice versa tbf.

I don't often agree with Meldrew but I do on this occasion in that I doubt the OF would have an easy time of it in this division. It's not so much that the quality is far far better but it's an intense division with two games a week for the majority of the season.

Celtic and Rangers are used to playing twice a week - they play 60ish games most seasons.

56 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Cancelled Sky in 2013 but i'm ''Brainwashed by Sky'' only 3 go up to the prem, the ugly sister arent getting out of that league and neither are the shite they're able to beat in some B Tech european competition

The same B-Tech European Competition that EPL winners and Champions League chaser Leicester City rather embarrassingly failed to qualify from their group. But yes, Norwich City would dominate it. You absolute fucking trout. 

On 15/12/2021 at 11:01, 2426255 said:

It's good for Billy Gilmour to get playing time, so from a selfish point of view that's a big green tick for him. From a Norwich point of view he still has to prove he has enough quality to make Norwich a better team and it is also my view also that he hasn't achieved that so far.

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Look around him at the 'quality' of the team. When the top man is a guy who failed at Celtic and only really had two decent seasons scoring a goals in the Championship (a league which I think we all agree is over-hyped and essentially more diddy than the English wish to admit) then can one player really make a difference? The rest of the squad is bang average mainly Championship level with a few over-hyped English talent.

Other than perform at the best level he can, integrate into the team, fulfill the requirements from the manager and ensure he is the best or most consistent performer then what do folks expect.

BG wanted to go on loan and ended up at Norwich where the squad around him is lacking, while 'fortunately' Gallagher ended up at Palace and has had a good season so far, if it was the other way round with him at Norwich I'm not sure the English media would be saying the same and calling for him to get more caps or hi performances would be near the same level. Being in a team with quality like Zaha, Benteke, Eduard etc will make it much easier to show real impact.

Put BG in a team higher up the league with more quality and freedom for him to play his game then see what happens!!!

It was Thomas Tuchel who spoke about Billy Gilmour proving he has enough quality to help Norwich be a better team. It is my view that he hasn't achieved this to date and it seems your view is that he can't achieve that goal with Norwich because their players are below his level.

https://youtu.be/HZ7HpMHxHM4?t=188

**The link starts at the discussion of Billy Gilmour in November when he was out of the team at Norwich, but the specific line is @ 4:45 if you want to skip to there

I think there is some resistance on here to hold Billy Gilmour accountable for his contribution to the Norwich team, with factors being cited such as the Norwich manager in the case of Daniel Farke or the players he is playing with not being good enough. That said, he still has the second half of the season hopefully to prove he has the quality to help Norwich be better as a team.

That's what I'm looking for and that's why I'm happy he is playing. If he excels then it's good for our National team and if he doesn't I get to have fun winding up people on this here forum. 😋

Edited by 2426255

On 01/12/2021 at 14:31, The Moonster said:

Can we stop quoting the wee geek please? Makes it difficult to ignore his weird vandetta against oor Billy. 

On 13/12/2021 at 15:21, The Moonster said:

You're a fucking gimp.

On 15/12/2021 at 08:04, The Moonster said:

You're a fucking gimp.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Listen to yourself man :lol:

Chill out man. 

Norwich fans don't like Billy Gilmour, I think it's a bit of a defence mechanism where they've had Scotland and Chelsea fans ripping the pish out of Norwich all season, so any poor performance by Gilmour will be really jumped upon. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The same B-Tech European Competition that EPL winners and Champions League chaser Leicester City rather embarrassingly failed to qualify from their group. But yes, Norwich City would dominate it. You absolute fucking trout. 

i give as many fucks about Leicester as i do about any team up here, i've seen the club i follow win it, and it was pretty embarrassing some fans thought it was a major trophy, its tinpot shite., but if your standards are that low, its a pointless exercise even carrying on this discussion, you tartan army fellas really are a delicate bunch.

6 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

i give as many fucks about Leicester as i do about any team up here, i've seen the club i follow win it, and it was pretty embarrassing some fans thought it was a major trophy, its tinpot shite., but if your standards are that low, its a pointless exercise even carrying on this discussion, you tartan army fellas really are a delicate bunch.

Why are you on this website? 

"Rangers and Celtic would struggle in the Championship" is absolutely wild. I reckon Motherwell would survive in that division, because it's full of dross.

It's still a massive step up than what we have. I've been to a few Championship games and it really is so much better in quality.

That's not to knock our leagues but it's the case.

45 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Chill out man. 

24 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Ruel Street, the pair o' yez.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's still a massive step up than what we have. I've been to a few Championship games and it really is so much better in quality.

Weirdly I've been to League One and Two games down there (and further down the pyramid) and it's fucking horrible. I remember one AFC Wimbledon v Northampton game in particular and got the impression someone like Banks O'Dee or Sauchie wouldn't look out of place. 

They've got a weird sense of standards down there. I went to see Clapton CFC v Walthamstow and the regulars were asking me where in the Scottish leagues both teams would be and thought I was taking the piss when I said they were on a par with the East of Scotland league. They genuinely thought they had guys who could "do a job for Dundee".

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think it’d definitely be fair to say that the Championship has teams better than most Scottish teams, but they also have some utter shite.

That said, taking Rangers as an example, there’s no way a squad with guys like Morelos, Kent, Barisic, Kamara, Hagi, Goldson, Roofe and McGregor isn’t (at least) one of the best in that division 

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m just puzzled as to why you’re spending your time posting on a Scottish football website given you seem to hate both Scottish football generally and also hate the vast majority of posters on here.

i don't hate anyone fella, i'm pretty sure most of my red dotters are mostly decent people, and i don't hate scottish football either, can't say i watch that much of it, although its difficult to avoid living back north of the border, but it does puzzles me that X,Y & Z down the road are shite and overrated, but the rare time i see sportscene, the football is just a bag of w**k