Billy Gilmour

Kuro

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Norwich fans absolutely hate him. 

Based on one person, with most of the replies disagreeing with him. It's also clear that Cantwell was far worse in that game.

Gilmour has started every match since Smith came in. He's a key player for Norwich and has now made so many appearances Chelsea can't recall him (nor would they want to now he's playing regularly). The loan spell is more for his development than performance.

He's made a far bigger impact than Harry Kane did on loan at Norwich at a similar age (Kane finished the season on the bench for Leicester in the Championship behind Dave Nugent).

The contrarions on this thread will post whenever he has a bad performance with the Norwich trying to be edgy in singling out a young player when their whole team isn't good enough. Every manager Gilmour has played with has rated him very highly (with the exception of Farke).

You may dream he won't make it, you may think you're better than him, but the evidence is stacked against you I'm afraid. Gilmour will have a better career than any Norwich team mate, I am fairly confident on that. Tuchel will want him back next season, he never wanted him to leave, I don't think he will be signing any other Norwich players.

Edited by Satoshi

I know there are lies, damned lies and statistics and the way whoscored.com turn those stats into ratings is anyone's guess but...

Billy Gilmour is Norwich's 6th best player

He's averaging two tackles and one interception per game (both higher than Kante this season) over 1.5 successful dribbles per game (higher than Kovacic) and has set up over 10% of all Norwich's league goals this year. His 1.5 key passes per game is higher than Mason Mount's managing and he is disposed less times per game than him as well and he has a higher passing accuracy than Kai Havertz.

Needless to say all of these stats also see him right at the top of the Norwich squad for each of these criteria as well. 

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Norwich fans absolutely hate him. 

Norwich fans are fucking gimps.

You don’t need to watch every Norwich game to see that he’s absolutely nothing like their biggest problem. The hyped up boy on loan from Chelsea is an easy target.

No point pretending it’s going as well as hoped but he’s getting regular game time for the first time in his career for an awful side. He’ll be learning plenty.

It's good for Billy Gilmour to get playing time, so from a selfish point of view that's a big green tick for him. From a Norwich point of view he still has to prove he has enough quality to make Norwich a better team and it is also my view also that he hasn't achieved that so far.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

It's good for Billy Gilmour to get playing time, so from a selfish point of view that's a big green tick for him. From a Norwich point of view he still has to prove he has enough quality to make Norwich a better team and it is also my view also that he hasn't achieved that so far.

The new manager disagrees, and I think he has played every single minute since he arrived.

Must be a sore one for you. 

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

The new manager disagrees, and I think he has played every single minute since he arrived.

Must be a sore one for you. 

Not at all, this situation is preferable for me because there can be no accusations that the manager is clueless like we had with Daniel Farke. Billy Gilmour is getting his chance and he can be judged on how he plays on the park. Let him play every game to the end of the season and we'll see if he can match the hype and be their main man. 

He was substituted after the 80th minute against both Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur.

Edited by 2426255

21 hours ago, 2426255 said:

he still has to prove he has enough quality to make Norwich a better team and it is also my view also that he hasn't achieved that so far.

Look around him at the 'quality' of the team. When the top man is a guy who failed at Celtic and only really had two decent seasons scoring a goals in the Championship (a league which I think we all agree is over-hyped and essentially more diddy than the English wish to admit) then can one player really make a difference? The rest of the squad is bang average mainly Championship level with a few over-hyped English talent.

Other than perform at the best level he can, integrate into the team, fulfill the requirements from the manager and ensure he is the best or most consistent performer then what do folks expect.

BG wanted to go on loan and ended up at Norwich where the squad around him is lacking, while 'fortunately' Gallagher ended up at Palace and has had a good season so far, if it was the other way round with him at Norwich I'm not sure the English media would be saying the same and calling for him to get more caps or hi performances would be near the same level. Being in a team with quality like Zaha, Benteke, Eduard etc will make it much easier to show real impact.

Put BG in a team higher up the league with more quality and freedom for him to play his game then see what happens!!!

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Look around him at the 'quality' of the team. When the top man is a guy who failed at Celtic and only really had two decent seasons scoring a goals in the Championship (a league which I think we all agree is over-hyped and essentially more diddy than the English wish to admit) then can one player really make a difference? The rest of the squad is bang average mainly Championship level with a few over-hyped English talent.

Other than perform at the best level he can, integrate into the team, fulfill the requirements from the manager and ensure he is the best or most consistent performer then what do folks expect.

BG wanted to go on loan and ended up at Norwich where the squad around him is lacking, while 'fortunately' Gallagher ended up at Palace and has had a good season so far, if it was the other way round with him at Norwich I'm not sure the English media would be saying the same and calling for him to get more caps or hi performances would be near the same level. Being in a team with quality like Zaha, Benteke, Eduard etc will make it much easier to show real impact.

Put BG in a team higher up the league with more quality and freedom for him to play his game then see what happens!!!

the fuckin state of this post, if you're looking for ''diddy leagues'' i think you should look closer to home, the ugly sisters wouldn't get out of that league with their current squad and they're miles ahead of anything else in Scotland and the guy who ''failed at celtic'' has already stated his reason why he ''failed''

13 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

the fuckin state of this post, if you're looking for ''diddy leagues'' i think you should look closer to home, the ugly sisters wouldn't get out of that league with their current squad and they're miles ahead of anything else in Scotland and the guy who ''failed at celtic'' has already stated his reason why he ''failed''

Was the reason he failed at Celtic the same reasons he failed at Sevilla and Schalke or did he make a new one up?

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Was the reason he failed at Celtic the same reasons he failed at Sevilla and Schalke or did he make a new one up?

i don't know, as i don't really have a great deal of interest in his career, would've no doubt still have been in the scotland squad while failing at all these clubs

“I got the call, ‘Celtic want you’. And I knew Celtic were a top, top team. I thought it would be much easier than it was. It was quicker than I thought. When you got the ball, there was always a defender at you.”

That’s Pukki’s explanation, which basically amounts to “it was difficult and I couldn’t hack it”

I have to disagree about it being over-hyped. The EPL is absolutely over-hyped. It's competed between 2/3 sides most years and when the big teams meet, more often than not it's a complete snoozefest of a game.

The English Championship really isn't like that. There are the odd occasions where a side runs away with it but generally it's usually a closely competed division. My English side is Middlesbrough and it's incredible how quickly they can go from a promotion playoff spot to being in danger at the other end and vice versa tbf.

I don't often agree with Meldrew but I do on this occasion in that I doubt the OF would have an easy time of it in this division. It's not so much that the quality is far far better but it's an intense division with two games a week for the majority of the season.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Meldrew essentially saying that the whole English Championship could compete in Europe here. Utterly brainwashed by the Sky machine.

Cancelled Sky in 2013 but i'm ''Brainwashed by Sky'' only 3 go up to the prem, the ugly sister arent getting out of that league and neither are the shite they're able to beat in some B Tech european competition