Billy Gilmour

Kuro

15 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

If you think Billy Gilmour should be dropped for Scotland, then you are looking at it from a tragic level of bias. 

I do wonder what the Gilmour family has done to hurt some people. 

Indeed, some people seem desperate for him to fail - it's a sad Scottish mentality.

As I posted earlier, he is well ahead of Mount or Kane at his age - to say nothing of Jorghino or Kante who were playing in the lower leagues at this time.

This will be far from the biggest mental test Gilmour faces in his career and he will be a near certainty to start both Scotland games if he is fit.

It seems stubborness is keeping him out from Farke. On MOTD they referred to excellent young prospects like Gilmour and Brandon Williams - which is a bit of a wasted statement as Brandon Williams is terrible and will clearly never be a top flight player. Gilmour already is and had his pick of the teams at the start of the year - he and Chelsea made the wrong choice but presumably for the right reasons.

Even the fact he is complaining about his game time is a positive sign, weaker characters would have retreated and been happy with a place on the bench. He clearly has far more about him than that.

Also, I'm not from Ayrshire.

I think it is a worry the lack of game time recently. General fitness and match fitness are 2 completely different things. Gilmour and Paterson both not playing much. Probably get away with it against Moldova but would it be a concern down the line? Play off matches for example?

22 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would concede Tierney and Dykes, but I don’t think we have anyone else that can control play and dictate the game in the way that Gilmour can. He’s, at the very least, undroppable. 

I don't look at it in those terms, I don't consider anyone in the team to be too good to be dropped. Look at Scott McTominay as an example who is someone people would have included as being un-droppable in the past and yet now there are plenty of voices saying maybe the best place for him is the bench. Lyndon Dykes is only un-droppable until someone else comes along or until he has a barren spell in front of goal.  

Circumstances change and so I don't think it's fair to say any player is un-droppable.

10 hours ago, Satoshi said:

It seems stubborness is keeping him out from Farke. On MOTD they referred to excellent young prospects like Gilmour and Brandon Williams - which is a bit of a wasted statement as Brandon Williams is terrible and will clearly never be a top flight player.

That's a bit unfair on Brandon Williams, if he was Scottish I don't think you would say that.

On 02/11/2021 at 19:38, 2426255 said:

I don't look at it in those terms, I don't consider anyone in the team to be too good to be dropped. Look at Scott McTominay as an example who is someone people would have included as being un-droppable in the past and yet now there are plenty of voices saying maybe the best place for him is the bench. Lyndon Dykes is only un-droppable until someone else comes along or until he has a barren spell in front of goal.  

Circumstances change and so I don't think it's fair to say any player is un-droppable.

That's a bit unfair on Brandon Williams, if he was Scottish I don't think you would say that.

It's based on how he plays not his nationality, he has always looked miles out of his depth. It's telling he doesn't even get in the England U21s squad - he played once and they conceded three to Andorra.

A perfect example of a lower league player at an elevated level because he played for Mancester United a few times during an injury crisis. Macheda and De Laet two other recent examples. He will find his level eventually and it will be well below that of Billy Gilmour.

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

It's based on how he plays not his nationality, he has always looked miles out of his depth. It's telling he doesn't even get in the England U21s squad - he played once and they conceded three to Andorra.

A perfect example of a lower league player at an elevated level because he played for Mancester United a few times during an injury crisis. Macheda and De Laet two other recent examples. He will find his level eventually and it will be well below that of Billy Gilmour.

Not being cheeky, but if you're going to say something like that then to be able to accept it I'd have to understand what is informing your opinion. 

How many times have you watched Williams play? Are you a Man Utd fan or just following Brandon Williams career?

Edited by 2426255

On 02/11/2021 at 11:38, 2426255 said:

Look at Scott McTominay as an example who is someone people would have included as being un-droppable in the past and yet now there are plenty of voices saying maybe the best place for him is the bench.

whos saying that? one of the first names on the teamsheet surely

5 hours ago, Glennie said:

whos saying that? one of the first names on the teamsheet surely

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 09/10/2021 at 22:02, G51 said:

Reload with the same team, except Hanley for McTominay and push Hendry out one. 

On 09/10/2021 at 23:52, Tartan Dave said:

I’d like to play Mctominay but mcgregor and gilmour have clicked together and the defence wasn’t exactly tight tonight without Hanley

On 10/10/2021 at 11:07, Big Fifer said:

Absolutely not. I think McTominay, currently, is a victim of the fact the defensive three and midfield three basically pick themselves because of how they've played. Which, in a vacuum, is mental considering we're not starting a Manchester United central midfielder but that's just the way it goes. 

On 10/10/2021 at 12:23, Tartan Blood said:

It's amazing how divisive opinions are on McTominay. Before last night it seemed like the majority wanted him in a back 3 (I didn't). Now there is talk of him being benched.

On 13/10/2021 at 09:56, ArabFC said:

The other main 50/50 for me was McTominay or McGregor in which I plumped for McTominay. IMHO, he needs benched for the next game. He's not offering enough at the moment - almost stuck in second gear.

Edited by 2426255

Personally dont see the big deal that the Norwich manager has the audacity not to play Billy Gilmour all the time. He's clearly a talented player but he's not achieved anything other than a few eye catching games. He's 20, tiny and about 130 pounds its not really a surprise to me that a relegation haunted manager has decided he might not be up to the rigours of the EPL every week. 

1 hour ago, paddymcp said:

Personally dont see the big deal that the Norwich manager has the audacity not to play Billy Gilmour all the time. He's clearly a talented player but he's not achieved anything other than a few eye catching games. He's 20, tiny and about 130 pounds its not really a surprise to me that a relegation haunted manager has decided he might not be up to the rigours of the EPL every week. 

Size doesn't matter when you play the game ability does and Billy Gilmour has it in spades,if he was a Norwich player and not on loan he would play

Plenty off 20 year olds playing in the top leagues around the world as well if your good enough your old enough 

Why are us Scots always running our own players down when there good

It's like we are scared to be given good things 

5 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Are you in charge of youth development at Celtic?

He's 3 inches shorter than Pirlo.

15 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Unbelievable how some people on this thread can't see that a struggling Norwich is not the right fit for Gilmour.

Easy to say that now. At the time quite a lot of people thought this was a good move in principle. Still, Marshmallo got it spot on when he said there will be blood and snotters when he gets papped on the bench which he was. 

I think he will play today because Daniel Farke said they will be going back to their Norwich DNA and try and have more possession, if so he needs to take his chance to show he can help the team!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 23/06/2021 at 08:21, accies1874 said:

Norwich are apparently "hopeful" of getting him on loan. Should be a good fit stylistically and you'd imagine he'll be a starter, forming the greatest midfield of all-time with Kenny McLean. 

On 23/06/2021 at 11:28, sergie's no1 fan said:

Should guarantee a start every week. Him playing 30+ games next season for a team that will struggle in games similar to Scotland could be ideal.

On 23/06/2021 at 13:32, Bairnardo said:

He can show Tuchel everything he needs to see playing for them. And if he helps them over acheive then so much the better. What he needs is game time, it really doesnt matter who its for at this stage. Its all about minutes versus the top midfielders around and any EPL loan should give him that. 

On 02/07/2021 at 13:09, Jambomo said:

I do think he is at the point where he needs to be playing and in that respect I think Norwich is a great option for him, a premier  league side who play good football, Tuchel knows Farke and his style and that’s why they were picked, so I don’t think it’s a bad move at all. 

On 02/07/2021 at 13:52, Lex said:

That’s a good move for him.
For a player his age he has played remarkably little senior football.
What Gilmour needs is a season where he can stay injury free and where he starts 30+ games at the top level. He wouldn’t get that at Chelsea - it’s clear Tuchel doesn’t fancy him at the moment - he will get that at Norwich.

On 02/07/2021 at 22:22, eez-eh said:

Chelsea preferred Norwich because of the way Farke plays and Tuchel thinks Gilmour needs to get better off the ball.

On 03/07/2021 at 20:21, 19QOS19 said:

This is why Gilmour getting games at Norwich is good though. He will be able to adapt his game to how he performs when he has less of the ball. 

Edited by 2426255

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
Last chance saloon today for his career it seems then.

Back to the BK drive-thru tonight if it doesn't work out

Back to the schnitzel drive through for Farke