Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Caciedo posted on his Instagram that he wants to leave, seems he didn't turn up for training today and might be dumped out the team - potentially good news for Gilmour.

""I am grateful to Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best.

I always play football with a smile and with heart. I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

"I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador. My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador.

"The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take this magnificent opportunity."

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It is very worrying that Brighton have opted to change formation, rather than start Gilmour. 

A Spanish/Italian loan move please. 

Stop worrying, he's doing fine and is where he should be at this stage of his career. 👍

He looked rusty and not looking as lean as he did a year ago. Also, the number of times he would receive a pass and then return it was maddening. A lot of those times he had space to turn and play a progressive pass.

I don't know what his next move is, but he looked, dare I say it, out of his depth today. A shite performance.

8 minutes ago, velo army said:

He looked rusty and not looking as lean as he did a year ago. Also, the number of times he would receive a pass and then return it was maddening. A lot of those times he had space to turn and play a progressive pass.

I don't know what his next move is, but he looked, dare I say it, out of his depth today. A shite performance.

Billy Backpass.

He did go back a bit but he took the ball under pressure and rarely lost it. Looked ok I thought, can see his technical quality but seem unsure when defending. Also thought he could've made himself available more to take passes but didn't, not sure if that's a confidence issue. He was okay I thought overall. 

On 28/01/2023 at 09:56, Hauzen said:

Caciedo posted on his Instagram that he wants to leave, seems he didn't turn up for training today and might be dumped out the team - potentially good news for Gilmour.

""I am grateful to Brighton for giving me the chance to come to the Premier League and I feel I have always done my best.

I always play football with a smile and with heart. I am proud to be able to bring in a record transfer fee for Brighton which would allow them to reinvest it and help the club continue to be successful.

"I am the youngest of 10 siblings from a poor upbringing in Santa Domingo in Ecuador. My dream always to be the most decorated player in the history of Ecuador.

"The fans have taken me into their hearts and they will always be in my heart so I hope they can understand why I want to take this magnificent opportunity."

Good news for gross

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

Well I'm afraid that confirms Billy's place at the club

Gross prefered,  not even same style of play,  a more attacking dm prefered in the defensive dm position 

?? Gross often plays there, even before Gilmour joined the club. 

Anyway, I thought Gilmour did alright when he came on. Maybe a bit rusty but he did some good stuff as well. Brighton certainly played better for going back into their usual formation. 

27 minutes ago, Cal said:

He did go back a bit but he took the ball under pressure and rarely lost it. Looked ok I thought, can see his technical quality but seem unsure when defending. Also thought he could've made himself available more to take passes but didn't, not sure if that's a confidence issue. He was okay I thought overall. 

Aye that's fair. I felt like he hid in the "cover shadow" (I know) too often. 

It is worth taking into account how Brighton's double pivot works. They'll stay narrow, one usually drops to receive off the CBs (who wait unusually long before releasing) while the other will tend to position himself to receive a potential pass from a full-back or if the other midfielder pops it back. It can look like they're ponderous or negative, but it's almost always with the intention of drawing on an opposition press. 

That doesn't excuse some of Gilmour's negativity, though, especially his reluctance to turn on the ball. I could be wrong, but he did seem to grow a bit more confident as the half went on.