Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Whole team is tbf but not forcing his way into starting 11 it seems. Still a young player but likely shodt of confidence. A loan or even a permanent move to a lower level probably would do him good. Would prefer he went Europe.

9 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

There is absolutely no comeback, your a low class person

You're*

Imagine insulting someone else's intelligence then stepping in a big pile of dog shit like you just did.

Minter. I'm sure you feel no shame, but a normal person certainly would. And no surprise at all you don't wish to continue the football conversation, where you were looking very silly. A failed attempt to white knight wasn't even a good distraction.

I would expect Gilmour will be getting more first team minutes over the next few weeks. The hand wringers desperate for him to fail won't change that, nor will an underwhelming team performance in an unimportant team competition.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Hooked after an hour and getting battered on social media if you want to know how he played.

Quick search on Twitter from during the game:

"We need Sarmiento on here, to give us more width on the left hand side. Billy Gilmour has been superb yet again, so calm on the ball. Made some intelligent runs, the only thing he doesn’t do is shoot often! #bhafc"

and

"Billy Gilmour looks so comfortable on the ball, wand of a left foot."

🤨

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

You're*

Imagine insulting someone else's intelligence then stepping in a big pile of dog shit like you just did.

Minter. I'm sure you feel no shame, but a normal person certainly would. And no surprise at all you don't wish to continue the football conversation, where you were looking very silly. A failed attempt to white knight wasn't even a good distraction.

I would expect Gilmour will be getting more first team minutes over the next few weeks. The hand wringers desperate for him to fail won't change that, nor will an underwhelming team performance in an unimportant team competition.

After recent posts you've shown yourself to be subhuman, so I think I'll just ignore your interpretation of how a normal person would feel.

I won't reply to you again, you can pm me if you've got something to say.

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

Quick search on Twitter from during the game:

"We need Sarmiento on here, to give us more width on the left hand side. Billy Gilmour has been superb yet again, so calm on the ball. Made some intelligent runs, the only thing he doesn’t do is shoot often! #bhafc"

and

"Billy Gilmour looks so comfortable on the ball, wand of a left foot."

🤨

Im not sure how to gauge how he played without having seen it. Getting subbed on the hours doesn’t seem like a good sign tho tbh.

Player ratings from the local papers dont suggest it was one of his better games.

Billy Gilmour - 6

With Alexis Mac Allister away after helping lead Argentina to a World Cup triumph, the Scot, arguably, did not do a great deal to give Roberto De Zerbi a midfield dilemma. He seemed a little off the pace at times and didn't stamp his authority on the game enough.

Billy Gilmour - 6

A rare start for the young Scotsman but never really got the chance to put forward his obvious credentials, replaced on 62 minutes by Pervis Estupinan

These are obviously just opinions, but its doesn’t sound like he's really staked his claim as we hoped he might.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

49 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im not sure how to gauge how he played without having seen it. Getting subbed on the hours doesn’t seem like a good sign tho tbh.

Player ratings from the local papers dont suggest it was one of his better games.

Billy Gilmour - 6

With Alexis Mac Allister away after helping lead Argentina to a World Cup triumph, the Scot, arguably, did not do a great deal to give Roberto De Zerbi a midfield dilemma. He seemed a little off the pace at times and didn't stamp his authority on the game enough.

Billy Gilmour - 6

A rare start for the young Scotsman but never really got the chance to put forward his obvious credentials, replaced on 62 minutes by Pervis Estupinan

These are obviously just opinions, but its doesn’t sound like he's really staked his claim as we hoped he might.

He will get first team minutes over the festive period.

But that's a hallelujah that you won't respond to my posts any more - can we extend it to all threads too? That would be just terrific.

Jesus suffering f**k, there’s a couple of posters in the Tartan Army threads that make it completely unreadable. 
Scotland are over / under achieving, Gilmour is world class / shite.

There’s a middle road but too many posters feel the need to prove they are correct, it’s all about opinions, no need to kill threads.

I’ll not be back. 

27 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Jesus suffering f**k, there’s a couple of posters in the Tartan Army threads that make it completely unreadable. 
Scotland are over / under achieving, Gilmour is world class / shite.

There’s a middle road but too many posters feel the need to prove they are correct, it’s all about opinions, no need to kill threads.

I’ll not be back. 

You know what, ill hold my hands up to that. I probably should have just snubbed him a while ago.

I do think its interesting that other posters off topic contributions get ignored. Like the stuff from page 188 onwards. And the reason for that is clearly reputation numbers.

But I can only control myself, and yeah fair enough my contribution wasn't great.

On the bench today despite Mac Allister not being available. It'd obviously be extremely stupid to write him off so young, but it's a real shame how quickly things have gone to shit, especially when this move seemed to be such a great opportunity for him. 

I do think @Satoshi's point about Mac Allister and Caicedo also not going straight into the first team, which is a common theme for Brighton players, is relevant though. Hopefully it all works out in the end. 

13 hours ago, accies1874 said:

On the bench today despite Mac Allister not being available. It'd obviously be extremely stupid to write him off so young, but it's a real shame how quickly things have gone to shit, especially when this move seemed to be such a great opportunity for him. 

I do think @Satoshi's point about Mac Allister and Caicedo also not going straight into the first team, which is a common theme for Brighton players, is relevant though. Hopefully it all works out in the end. 

He started mid week.

The reaction to not playing in one game is a bit extreme, things haven't gone to shit. If Gilmour wanted to find guaranteed first team football in the summer he could have, he went to Brighton knowing he would not be a starter and having to fight for his place.

He played plenty of games in the Premier League last season.

Can anyone name any central midfielders of a similar age starting every week in the Premier League? Jacob Ramsey is the only one who comes to mind for me, it's a position where teams tend to prefer more experienced players.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

He started mid week.

The reaction to not playing in one game is a bit extreme, things haven't gone to shit. If Gilmour wanted to find guaranteed first team football in the summer he could have, he went to Brighton knowing he would not be a starter and having to fight for his place.

He played plenty of games in the Premier League last season.

Can anyone name any central midfielders of a similar age starting every week in the Premier League? Jacob Ramsey is the only one who comes to mind for me, it's a position where teams tend to prefer more experienced players.

Caicedo lol.