Billy Gilmour

Kuro

36 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Just stop talking 

You can't even differentiate between the written and spoken word 😂

Are you on day release or something? This big, bad world ain't for you champ.

Edit: at this point, feeling quite uncomfortable responding to this guy who clearly isn't all there. The actual football discussion is on the previous page. This will be my last post in response to him unless he actually wants to dicusss football.

Edited by Satoshi

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Edit: at this point, feeling quite uncomfortable responding to this guy who clearly isn't all there. The actual football discussion is on the previous page. This will be my last post in response to him unless he actually wants to dicusss football.

That's it, you get yersel telt!

57 minutes ago, immcinto said:

Brighton sign players on stats. Stats like this one:

I dont believe anyone in the last couple of pages is saying gilmour is a bad player. Only that he would be more effective if he gained some muscle mass, do you not agree with that?

For what its worth i think gilmour is excellent and will go far in the game. If you look thru the thread you will see me constantly talking about how good he is.

But he's not beyond any kind of reasonable criticism.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

8 hours ago, Satoshi said:

So a team of 6 foot 9 players versus those of 5 foot 9 would almost certainly lose even if their technical ability was equal. They would lumber around the pitch having the ball passed around them. There's a reason football players don't look like basketball players (and we are much better for it).

Still think 11 Jordan Henderson's beat 11 Messis? If not, name the 11 x players who would

Ok an awful lot of the same gibberish recycled from your previous posts. So most of it isn't worth acknowledgement.

Point 1.

Why would the taller team be 6ft 9🤣 i think the reason your going to that extreme is your struggling to answer without admitting you were wrong.

Let's say a team messis size, what 5ft 6 or something. Vs a 6ft team. If the all had the same ability the small team would get battered. I think you know this fine well.

Point 2

I never said a team of a specific player would beat a team of messi's, you just made that up. I said a team. If you don't think a real Madrid or a man City would beat a team of 11 messis then your in absolute dreamland.

BG has played around 15 minutes of English Premier League football with Brighton this season. A discussion of his physicality in English Premier League games will be based on limited or old evidence or be purely speculative. First and foremost it's up to BG to get himself into the Brighton team and get more time playing football which is something he seems to be aware of. 

"Of course I want to play more games but that's on me. I need to keep working hard in training and proving that I am capable of playing the position."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cxxjxx799ppo

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I dont believe you are correct, I think he's not engaged in most of your post being nonsense.

But let's just say for a second you were correct? And you decide to just call the guy out for having mental health issues on an open forum.

What does that say about you? Nothing positive thats for sure

33 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ok an awful lot of the same gibberish recycled from your previous posts. So most of it isn't worth acknowledgement.

Point 1.

Why would the taller team be 6ft 9🤣 i think the reason your going to that extreme is your struggling to answer without admitting you were wrong.

Let's say a team messis size, what 5ft 6 or something. Vs a 6ft team. If the all had the same ability the small team would get battered. I think you know this fine well.

Point 2

I never said a team of a specific player would beat a team of messi's, you just made that up. I said a team. If you don't think a real Madrid or a man City would beat a team of 11 messis then your in absolute dreamland.

So at what point does being tall disadvantage you? 6 foot 5? The point is clear - taller players will typically have less agility and acceleration than smaller players. They don't benefit from a lower centre of gravity. Some roles, i.e. goalkeepers and centre backs, are more likely to be taller. Most others will be average height or smaller. Gilmour plays in a role where the very best players are around his height so he has absolutely nothing to worry about.

I don't think Messi would be as effective were he taller. Could a theoretical 6 foot Messi be better? Maybe, but it really is only maybe.

Glad you agree a 5 foot 9 team would easily beat a 6 foot 9 team in a football match though. Proving my point being taller advantages you in some ways, but clearly disadvantages you in other ways.

Of course a top team would beat any hypothetical 11 whether that was Zidane, Messi, Pele or Ronaldo. It's totally meaningless of course. If being short was such a disadvantage surely you can name a player who 11 of would beat 11 Messis? What a weird hypothetical this is.

Tell us again why Gilmour needs to add muscle mass to succeed at this level? Juan Mata did okay and he and Gilmour are a similar height and weight. If Gilmours optimal muscle mass is higher the coaches and sports scientists will have him working on this - not because some internet das think it.

And maybe his body will mature later and he will naturally gain this muscle mass (it tends to happen to men in their 20s) and excessive gym work now would only risk injury and/or reduce his mobility. The coaches and sports scientists know, fans in the terraces (or more likely at home) absolutely do not.

Plenty of players with Gilmours body type have excelled in top level football. That is abundantly, clearly, beyond doubt.

25 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I dont believe you are correct, I think he's not engaged in most of your post being nonsense.

But let's just say for a second you were correct? And you decide to just call the guy out for having mental health issues on an open forum.

What does that say about you? Nothing positive thats for sure

I'm not calling him out or diagnosing him, I'm some guy on the internet. He doesn't seem all there and I'm no longer willing to engage with his two word posts.

Weird white knight attempt - you seem a pretty odd chap too.

Just now, Satoshi said:

So at what point does being tall disadvantage you? 6 foot 5? The point is clear - taller players will typically have less agility and acceleration than smaller players. They don't benefit from a lower centre of gravity. Some roles, i.e. goalkeepers and centre backs, are more likely to be taller. Most others will be average height or smaller. Gilmour plays in a role where the very best players are around his height so he has absolutely nothing to worry about.

I don't think Messi would be as effective were he taller. Could a theoretical 6 foot Messi be better? Maybe, but it really is only maybe.

Glad you agree a 5 foot 9 team would easily beat a 6 foot 9 team in a football match though. Proving my point being taller advantages you in some ways, but clearly disadvantages you in other ways.

Of course a top team would beat any hypothetical 11 whether that was Zidane, Messi, Pele or Ronaldo. It's totally meaningless of course. If being short was such a disadvantage surely you can name a player who 11 of would beat 11 Messis? What a weird hypothetical this is.

Tell us again why Gilmour needs to add muscle mass to succeed at this level? Juan Mata did okay and he and Gilmour are a similar height and weight. If Gilmours optimal muscle mass is higher the coaches and sports scientists will have him working on this - not because some internet das think it.

And maybe his body will mature later and he will naturally gain this muscle mass (it tends to happen to men in their 20s) and excessive gym work now would only risk injury and/or reduce his mobility. The coaches and sports scientists know, fans in the terraces (or more likely at home) absolutely do not.

Plenty of players with Gilmours body type have excelled in top level football. That is abundantly, clearly, beyond doubt.

I'm not calling him out or diagnosing him, I'm some guy on the internet. He doesn't seem all there and I'm no longer willing to engage with his two word posts.

Weird white knight attempt - you seem a pretty odd chap too.

9 paragraphs regurgitating the same stuff as before🤣

You agree now that a top team could beat a team of messi's. So thats progress. As for your hypothetical question you invented then attributed to me. I have absolutely no interest in it.

Theres also nothing to go forward with on gilmour either, you think he's fine the way he is. I disagree and I would say his managers may well disagree as well, as he doesn't play. And we know that's got nothing to do with ability as he has plenty of that.

Neither of us know for a fact what program he is working on in training. You think he's fine the way he is. I dont think you know much about football.

And the last bit, thats absolutely what you were doing. Being a "guy on the internet" dosent wash as an excuse for trying to belittle someone by questioning their mental health. Its very low moral behaviour.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

9 paragraphs regurgitating the same stuff as before🤣

You agree now that a top team could beat a team of messi's. So thats progress. As for your hypothetical question you invented then attributed to me. I have absolutely no interest in it.

Theres also nothing to go forward with on gilmour either, you think he's fine the way he is. I disagree and I would say his managers may well disagree as well, as he doesn't play. And we know that's got nothing to do with ability as he has plenty of that.

Neither of us know for a fact what program he is working on in training. You think he's fine the way he is. I dont think you know much about football.

And the last bit, thats absolutely what you were doing. Being a "guy on the internet" dosent wash as an excuse for trying to belittle someone by questioning their mental health. Its very low moral behaviour.

I'm not belittling anyone, you have tried to white knight and even messed that up.

I answered your hypothetical, you didn't answer mine. Kinda says it all.

Not that it's progress, you would have to be a complete dribbling moron to think 11 Messis would beat a well balanced top team. The question was completely idiotic, I'm not surprised you came up with it.

Gilmour was signed by Brighton for a fairly big transfer fee and has played for them since coming in. His manager publicly rates him in the press. Let's hope he gets some game time in McAllisters absence - I think he will.

11 hours ago, Satoshi said:

14 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I'm not belittling anyone

There is absolutely no comeback, your a low class person

8 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Isn't that just pointlessly obvious though? There's no single player whose 11 clones would beat a top class team like Real or City. Even just from the fact that the clone team would obviusly have more than half of the team playing out of position.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

Isn't that just pointlessly obvious though? There's no single player whose 11 clones would beat a top class team like Real or City. Even just from the fact that the clone team would obviusly have more than half of the team playing out of position.

Well yes, but your not taking into account I was addressing an absolute moron. Its hard to gauge what might be obvious in that situation.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Gilmour starts tonight in the EFL Cup. I didn't even realise it was on 

(Can't see if it's been mentioned already on this spiralling howler of a thread)

Pretty much proving he's not in the managers plans 

The championship or gers beckons, both which would do him some good