Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 minute ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Yes, Yes I do.

See how easy it is to answer a straight forward question? Let's see if you can manage it?

Are you not pretending to be an ex-professional anymore?

I don't know who you are. I get accused of ruining threads. The fact is people like you ruin threads. I am not the subject of discussion here. Do you have a comment related to the subject being discussed? If you don't you are spamming the thread and it's you ruining it. I don't have to answer any questions from some bam I've never heard of.

4 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I don't know who you are. I get accused of ruining threads. The fact is people like you ruin threads. I am not the subject of discussion here. Do you have a comment related to the subject being discussed? If you don't you are spamming the thread and it's you ruining it. I don't have to answer any questions from some bam I've never heard of.

That would be because you do. The fact you are on your second or third alias account backs this up.

5 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

That would be because you do. The fact you are on your second or third alias account backs this up.

That's three posts in a row from you with not a word related to the subject at hand, 100% of them directed to another poster. You are ruining this thread not me.  Don't reply to me again unless it's related to the subject at hand. 

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

That's three posts in a row from you with not a word related to the subject at hand, 100% of them directed to another poster. You are ruining this thread not me.  Don't reply to me again unless it's related to the subject at hand. 

Are you the guy that claimed to know CR7? 

45 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Are you the guy that claimed to know CR7? 

My favourite was when it was being discussed whether Zlatan Ibrahimovic was legit or a fake hard man.

Walter Mitty here was the authority on the subject because he's pals with the Scottish taekwondo champion. He's an absolute slaver.

14 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

My favourite was when it was being discussed whether Zlatan Ibrahimovic was legit or a fake hard man.

Walter Mitty here was the authority on the subject because he's pals with the Scottish taekwondo champion. He's an absolute slaver.

The published children’s author, playing in the Scottish cup final and playing fives with Christian Dailly factoids cannot be overlooked.

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Was there not a link to Barack Obama? 

Just now, velo army said:

Modric doesn't appear to be especially strong or wonderfully useful defensively. He's the player I find most comparable to BG. 

He'd do you in thats for sure😉

In my opinion he's alot stronger on the ball than gilmour. But at the same time he's had that opportunity to develop over time.

It was interesting seeing Camavinga come on and play LB for France in the World Cup final and completely ball.

We have Hamish Husband’s argue that Gilmour is only good when played in the right position, in the right role, surrounded by good players, with a top manager, and if a bigger players doesn’t push him around.

Levels.

Pity that Supeppras distracted everyone from physical traits in footballers; I was wondering if we'd get on to phrenology with regard to natural leadership abilities and tactical nous.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Modric doesn't appear to be especially strong or wonderfully useful defensively. He's the player I find most comparable to BG. 

He's strong as an ox. It's not up for debate. You can't be a top player if you're not. If you don't agree you're just wrong and simply don't know what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It was interesting seeing Camavinga come on and play LB for France in the World Cup final and completely ball.

We have Hamish Husband’s argue that Gilmour is only good when played in the right position, in the right role, surrounded by good players, with a top manager, and if a bigger players doesn’t push him around.

Levels.

Well there is a reason Camavinga plays for the biggest club in the game tbf. Gilmour has obvious weaknesses.

45 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He's strong as an ox. It's not up for debate. You can't be a top player if you're not. If you don't agree you're just wrong and simply don't know what you're talking about.

This reads like song lyrics for some reason. 

Good to see you back on form.

11 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ok quite simply, if you have 2 teams of equal abilities. One is taller and stronger and one is smaller and weaker. Who do you think would win??

The smaller and weaker team would almost certainly be more agile and have more acceleration.

So a team of 6 foot 9 players versus those of 5 foot 9 would almost certainly lose even if their technical ability was equal. They would lumber around the pitch having the ball passed around them. There's a reason football players don't look like basketball players (and we are much better for it).

I honestly can't believe you don't realise this. There's a reason very tall outfield players are quite rare. You do have previous for absolutely wild calls though.

Still think 11 Jordan Henderson's beat 11 Messis? If not, name the 11 x players who would.

11 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

You mean Brighton and Chelsea who didn't give him a game yeah? I didn't address any of your 'points' cause they're drivel and life's too short.

Brighton signed him in a multi million pound deal and the Chelsea owner personally asked to stay, intimating the manager was about to get sacked.

Gilmour isn't the finished article, he has plenty to work on, the idea that his size will prevent him reaching the top is ludicrous given there are plenty of top level current and former players with his body type. The evidence suggests that being shorter is even an advantage for the role he players, not many great 6 foot+ central playmakers, most are shorter than that and some significantly so.

Life isn't too short to correct people who are clearly wrong. Usually, if you can't respond to the points made in a post because you don't have any response, you would leave the thread, not keep posting but ignoring the counters to the nonsense you have been spouting.

Gilmour won't make it because he is too weak - here's an easy question for the fantasist ex pro - how long do you think it takes to add 3-4kg of muscle mass?

10 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im finding it quite funny you being called out for saying gilmour would improve if he gains some muscle mass.

It must be the most obvious thing that literally anybody could pinpoint as an area for him to improve. Yet apparently its not 🤣

If gilmour wasn't on a program to do so at Chelsea and Brighton I'd be absolutely staggered.

It's completely banal, like a fan suggesting strikers should work on shooting in training. Are people really that stupid?

If Gilmour needs to work on his strength he will be, the sports scientists will understand his ideal muscle mass and so will he. It's very easy to put muscle on, if that is the direction he will do it and quickly. It's much easier to make a technical footballer stronger than a strong footballer more technical.

The idea he won't make it because he is too weak is directly contradicted by a whole mass of evidence - not least the current best players in the world.

But we all know you won't bother responding to any of this, actual points and information snooker you guys - you would simply rather talk about anything else.

10 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Of course he is. That's normal. He will have been since he was about 18. If you look at the two players in front of him at Brighton that's the first and most obvious difference between him and them. They're absolute powerhouses, he's powderpuff.

You'd be delighted to be in direct opposition to him. Probably the easiest midfielder in the premiership to play against right now. That's why his managers don't play him in the premiership.

Probably the easiest midfielder to play in the premiership 😂

He has played 100% of his league games in the premiership, it's the only league he knows. If he was so dreadful he would not have had his Chelsea contract extended, his owner ask him to stay, then sign for Brighton in a multi million long contract. You simply could not have got it more wrong.

Edited by Satoshi

7 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

The smaller and weaker team would almost certainly be more agile and have more acceleration.

So a team of 6 foot 9 players versus those of 5 foot 9 would almost certainly lose even if their technical ability was equal. They would lumber around the pitch having the ball passed around them. There's a reason football players don't look like basketball players (and we are much better for it).

I honestly can't believe you don't realise this. There's a reason very tall outfield players are quite rare. You do have previous for absolutely wild calls though.

Still think 11 Jordan Henderson's beat 11 Messis? If not, name the 11 x players who would.

Brighton signed him in a multi million pound deal and the Chelsea owner personally asked to stay, intimating the manager was about to get sacked.

Gilmour isn't the finished article, he has plenty to work on, the idea that his size will prevent him reaching the top is ludicrous given there are plenty of top level current and former players with his body type. The evidence suggests that being shorter is even an advantage for the role he players, not many great 6 foot+ central playmakers, most are shorter than that and some significantly so.

Life isn't too short to correct people who are clearly wrong. Usually, if you can't respond to the points made in a post because you don't have any response, you would leave the thread, not keep posting but ignoring the counters to the nonsense you have been spouting.

Gilmour won't make it because he is too weak - here's an easy question for the fantasist ex pro - how long do you think it takes to add 3-4kg of muscle mass?

It's completely banal, like a fan suggesting strikers should work on shooting in training. Are people really that stupid?

If Gilmour needs to work on his strength he will be, the sports scientists will understand his ideal muscle mass and so will he. It's very easy to put muscle on, if that is the direction he will do it and quickly. It's much easier to make a technical footballer stronger than a strong footballer more technical.

The idea he won't make it because he is too weak is directly contradicted by a whole mass of evidence - not least the current best players in the world.

But we all know you won't bother responding to any of this, actual points and information snooker you guys - you would simply rather talk about anything else.

Probably the easiest midfielder to play in the premiership 😂

He has played 100% of his league games in the premiership, it's the only league he knows. If he was so dreadful he would not have had his Chelsea contract extended, his owner ask him to stay, then sign for Brighton in a multi million long contract. You simply could not have got it more wrong.

Shut up