Billy Gilmour

Kuro

16 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I watched De Zerbi’s post match interview and it was good to hear him mention Gilmour as one of the players giving him selection problems for the first 11. He must have had a decent game.

Good to hear just a shame it's happened right before a 6 week break 

The only one you are looking at is young Billy Gilmour.

I had a good chat with him and he knows he is going to work hard to get in the Brighton team. They are a good team and they have good players in midfield that are hopefully going to push Billy to another level. He has time on his side and a lot can change between now and March.

It’s important for me to keep Billy involved because I see him as a key player moving forward and maybe I’ll give him a few more minutes on the pitch than he’s getting at Brighton at the minute. Billy has done really well for us. At one stage it looked as though he was about to take off but his career has hit a little hiccup – but everybody’s career does.

I remember I got dropped a few times as well, it happens. You have just got to get on with it. You have got to knuckle down and prove you’re good enough to get in the team. One hundred per cent [he is still young, at 21] . He has time on his side.

Steve Clarke

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/steve-clarke-addresses-lack-of-club-minutes-for-scotland-midfielders-billy-gilmour-john-mcginn-and-scott-mctominay-3912386

Conor Gallagher is playing for Chelsea today. 
There are a few parallels between him and Gilmour.

They’re a similar age, both are centre mids, both spent time in the Chelsea youth system and both went out on loan in 21/22 season.

Of course Gallagher had a great spell on loan at Palace and Gilmour was stinking at Norwich.

Now one is starting for Chelsea and going to the World Cup and the other is warming the bench at Brighton FC and hoping to feature against Turkey in a friendly.

Conor Gallagher is playing for Chelsea today. 
There are a few parallels between him and Gilmour.
They’re a similar age, both are centre mids, both spent time in the Chelsea youth system and both went out on loan in 21/22 season.
Of course Gallagher had a great spell on loan at Palace and Gilmour was stinking at Norwich.
Now one is starting for Chelsea and going to the World Cup and the other is warming the bench at Brighton FC and hoping to feature against Turkey in a friendly.

Billy is such a dick.

Gallagher was a good shout for worst PL player of the season in his first few games, where he was frequently a complete disaster.

Things have picked up a little bit recently, but he has still been underwhelming in a dire Chelsea side who have lost three games in a row. Picking a player with 54 mins all season in the England midfield shows how weak their options are, not necessarily how good Gallagher is.

Absolutely no doubt he was behind Gilmour for most of their respective Chelsea careers, as has been covered extensively on this thread.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Gallagher was a good shout for worst PL player of the season in his first few games, where he was frequently a complete disaster.

Things have picked up a little bit recently, but he has still been underwhelming in a dire Chelsea side who have lost three games in a row. Picking a player with 54 mins all season in the England midfield shows how weak their options are, not necessarily how good Gallagher is.

Absolutely no doubt he was behind Gilmour for most of their respective Chelsea careers, as has been covered extensively on this thread.

If England crash out on penalties then Southgate will rightly take a lot of flak for selected Gallagher over James Ward-Prowse. 

Sun reporting that BG is looking to move on loan from Brighton after failing to establish himself in the Brighton team. The Sun claim that an important reason for BG moving to Brighton was to work under Potter and that for those two reasons he is looking to move on loan in January, that he is open to a move away from the Premier League. 

On 20/11/2022 at 05:26, Loominous said:

Sun reporting that BG is looking to move on loan from Brighton after failing to establish himself in the Brighton team. The Sun claim that an important reason for BG moving to Brighton was to work under Potter and that for those two reasons he is looking to move on loan in January, that he is open to a move away from the Premier League. 

Loan to Chelsea incoming.

On 20/11/2022 at 06:26, Loominous said:

If its true although you have to admire his determination, I think he's got this one wrong tbh. He should bide his time a bit more where he is. And break into the team when someone moves on or is injured or loses form. The manager they have now looks to know what hes doing.

I’m not sure I believe the Sun on this one tbh. I think he’s only been behind Caicedo and Mac Allister, both of whom are away at the World Cup and both of whom only need 1 booking to be suspended in the league.

Unless something behind the scenes has indicated to him he’s not going to get a game, I can see some opportunities coming up for him, especially since Caicedo is linked with a move away. 

and, it’s the Sun. They make shit up all the time.

Good choice. There's got to be a club somewhere that's going to start him every week. Chelsea wasn't one, Norwich wasn't one, Brighton wasn't one. Fourth time lucky!

Gilmour made 24 appearances for Norwich in the Premier league (21 starts) and this was from a possible number of 33 (ineligible for the two Chelsea matches and injured for three others).

Starting 64% of premier League games as a 20 year old central midfielder doesn't sound terrible.

Not like Lex to get something wrong on this thread, maybe he's trusting the sun as a source.

14 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Gilmour made 24 appearances for Norwich in the Premier league (21 starts) and this was from a possible number of 33 (ineligible for the two Chelsea matches and injured for three others).

Starting 64% of premier League games as a 20 year old central midfielder doesn't sound terrible.

Not like Lex to get something wrong on this thread, maybe he's trusting the sun as a source.

So in summary, Norwich didn't start him every wk. You have proved his point for him, and he is correct 🤣