Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On 12/07/2021 at 13:05, BingMcCrosby said:

Let's put it to the test, im saying right now gilmour is going to be a world class player. Your saying that "you" couldn't possibly give an opinion. Until you have watched him for 2 seasons. Your saying you don't believe me, Im saying your a clueless judge of a footballer. Let's see who's right.

567731fe6e510a6f3a75a00b_5.gif

17 hours ago, Jambomo said:

De Zerbi looks like an excellent appointment at Brighton. Players who have been coached by him previously have said how brilliant he is and his Sassuolo team contributed the most players to the national team from any of the clubs.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do with Gilmour, he sounds like someone who could get the best out of him. 

You can see that in keeping him in the squad despite his lack of game time, Clarke is showing the same faith and support in him that he showed Patterson. I like that, it’s good for these guys to feel supported and I think Clarke has only done it when he knows they will be a big part of the squad in the future. 

I know he's very highly rated and did very well there. Do you have any information or opinions on his use of and development of younger players?

Gilmour is due some luck when it comes to managers.

11 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I know he's very highly rated and did very well there. Do you have any information or opinions on his use of and development of younger players?

Gilmour is due some luck when it comes to managers.

I don’t know much about him tbf. I saw Sassuolo play when he was in charge and they were good to watch, but I only saw a couple of games.

Locatelli and Boetang both spoke about him in a couple of interviews I read, saying how good a manager he is, but I don’t know much beyond that.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

An unused substitute again today.

It’s a strange one that as he’s better than Modric.

Modric in only his second season as a regular with Dinamo Zagreb aged 21.

Gilmour with a full season of EPL football under his belt and signed by another EPL team (his parent club appearing keen to keep him).

Jorginho was in Serie B at this age and Kante in the French third division.

Gilmour will be fine, I don't think anyone expected him to be walking into the first 11 of a high performing team, that's not how top level football works. Now they have gone off form his chances of playing more minutes have actually increased.

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Is he just not match fit or does the manager not think he is good enough? Tuchel has been quoted recently saying he expected much more from Gilmour. Norwich didn't seem to think much of him and now he can't get into a struggling Brighton side. He is still young but he needs to get to a point soon where he is playing regular football and playing well.

The overreactions on here to a player not starting every single game are wild. He's just joined them, they'd been performing well up to that point, they just changed manager, and it's always therefore going to take a wee while to get up to speed.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The overreactions on here to a player not starting every single game are wild. He's just joined them, they'd been performing well up to that point, they just changed manager, and it's always therefore going to take a wee while to get up to speed.

Has he started any games for them though?. It's just a bit strange they wouldn't even chuck him on for the last 5 minutes against Forest. Next 2 games are against Man City and Chelsea so it will be interesting to see if he gets any game time there.

A bit of perspective; Alexis Mac Allister is now the fulcrum of Brighton's midfield, but it has taken him 4 seasons to arrive at this point:

22/23: 10 of 10 starts (Age 23)

21/22: 22 of 38 starts (22)

20/12: 9 of 38 starts (21)

19/20: 4 of 38 starts (20)

I'd suggest that Gilmour is probably in the 10-20 range this season, and that's fine.

A bit of perspective; Alexis Mac Allister is now the fulcrum of Brighton's midfield, but it has taken him 4 seasons to arrive at this point:
22/23: 10 of 10 starts (Age 23)
21/22: 22 of 38 starts (22)
20/12: 9 of 38 starts (21)
19/20: 4 of 38 starts (20)

I'd suggest that Gilmour is probably in the 10-20 range this season, and that's fine.

Shame he's being included in Argentina squads otherwise Billy could've tried twisting his arm

Some crazy opinions on Gilmour, he still won't be fully up to speed, and it's hard to see who to drop from that Brighton team just now as they're doing great. They've got 3 league games before their next League Cup tie, hopefully he can start one of them and the league cup game and get more involved from there

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He's just joined them, they'd been performing well up to that point, they just changed manager, and it's always therefore going to take a wee while to get up to speed.

I think it's normal for De Zerbi not to change a winning team when he came in so BG will have to wait for now. When he gets opportunities to get on the pitch it's up to him to take them.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I agree, but also tbh I would have hoped he would have had a bit more time on the pitch than he has had so far. Early days tho

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Almost as if 75% of the posts are by two well known trolls just waiting for their next banning. 

The forgotten man. Looks like we will shortly be adding the Brighton manager to the list of club managers who are incorrectly leaving him out of their teams and missing out on his world class talent.
Farke
Tuchel
Smith
De Zerbi?
How many more unused sub appearances for Scotland till Clarke gets added?