Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Brighton seem well run, so they’d probably go for someone like Knudsen or Postecoglou, which would still be good news for Gilmour, I think. He’s better out of Chelsea regardless and it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Potter has that same realisation for himself, too.

Anyway, between this thread and his real life, who needs eastenders, eh? 

On 05/09/2022 at 22:52, BingMcCrosby said:

Aye cool, but I think its absolutely obvious that 99.9% of people who know of Billy Gilmour in Scotland would consider him an ex rangers player.

Thirty years from now, after a lengthy career exclusively outside of Scotland, the Daily Record will be writing stories about what the "Rangers legend" has to say about the important issues of the day.

Likely to an audience of a few thousand very elderly Boomers.

Got to feel sorry for him, he makes a great choice to go to Brighton and I am pretty sure working with Potter would have been a big part of that given his reputation for improving players and then he goes less than a week later.

Brighton do seem well run and I would expect they’d have a candidate in mind who will continue in the same way, but it will be tough to find a replacement for what Potter does.

If Potter and his recruitment guys wanted Gilmour though, I wonder how long it’ll be before he goes back there? I hope it can still work out for him a Brighton but it’s a bit of a nightmare for him.

Nothing changes for Gilmour, Brighton are set up in that the manager is only one voice at the table for transfers, the club wanted him and provided they dont appoint someone like Sean Dyche, he will still be aiming for the 15 or so appearances he was when he moved.

It's far worse news for someone like Aubamayang who only signed because of his personal relationship with Tuchel.

And it neatly links with what I said earlier, Boehly has absolutely no idea what he is doing. It was widely reported that both him and many around Chelsea were fans of Gilmour but he was sold due to a manager with a week's shelf life. Poor stuff all round.

Won't affect Gilmours career much, these things happen in football it's no big deal.

Brighton's match against Crystal Palace scheduled for September 17th has been postponed due to rail action. Ordinarily that would be good because the Ukraine game is on the 21st of Sept, but due to Billy Gilmour's lack of game time (only 5 minutes so far this season) it would have been better had he had the chance to get more game time.

It leaves one fixture this Saturday for him to get competitive minutes away to Bournemouth on Saturday which isn't ideal. 

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2785495/crystal-palace-game-postponed-due-to-rail-strike

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever play again

He probably is as well. Saying that, I reckon Clarke will still play him if he’s fit. He and McGregor are our best options in that midfield.

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

He probably is as well. Saying that, I reckon Clarke will still play him if he’s fit. He and McGregor are our best options in that midfield.

There are at least options there if Billy Gilmour isn't up to speed in terms of match fitness. In the last international window Callum McGregor played every minute so I'd imagine he'll play a big part this camp but we also saw John McGinn, Scott McTominay and to a lesser extent Stuart Armstrong and Lewis Ferguson play deeper midfield roles in stages across the four games.

I am certain Billy Gilmour will be given every chance in training and I think a final decision will be made then by Clarke who will have all the relevant physical information that we as fans don't have. I wonder if his performance and the factors affecting that in the last game we played against Ukraine will have any impact on his selection.

Edited by 2426255

31 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

With tomorrow's English football postponed too, that means he will have no further opportunities to play before the international break.

He might as well call it a day, IMO.

Nicholas Witchell must be due to retire soon. Maybe Gilmour could get that gig instead?  

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Staunch.

This thread can only improve now surely..

Esteemed poster 1234 - "Did Billy Gilmour kill the Queen? I've watched every B team game he's ever played and can conclusively prove that he might have done, and his antics have also made him worse at cover shadowing!'

Billy lover 365 - 'Surely Billy Gilmour will be inspired by the example of the Queen to be even more world classier - an idiot could see this.'

Tinfoil 101 - 'Thomas Tuchel and Graeme Potter are both Celtic fans which is why they conspired to get sacked and appointed (respectively) to make sure Billy languished under Sean Dyche!"

Best Poster 2005 - 'In my FIFA career mode Matt Target signs for Barcelona while Billy Gilmour ends up playing for Brechin. I think FIFA know a bit more about football than you guys.'

'