Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Brighton have got two matches before the international break. I doubt Gilmour will start either, but hopefully he gets some minutes in his legs before our important game against Ukraine on the 21st.

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

People who refuse to acknowledge any criticism of Billy Gilmour and those who seem desperate for him to fail, arguing of who is the bigger oddball.

100%

He has been touted as a bit of a saviour for the national team after a few very good performances. Brighton have a strong midfield so it may take an injury to one of their starters to get him on from the kick off. He can prove himself, needs time. 

Poor crack seeing Scots behaving like Ingloids and piling the pressure on the boy. 

We have a lot of talent for out national team....even McBurnie is scoring!!

😬😬

I dont bother to look at other countries national forums. But I do wonder if they have the same level of anger at people being excited about the ability of a young player. It seems so strange.

You can quote me any number of times, I think Billy Gilmour is going to be absolutely excellent. And already is pretty bloody good. I could see him playing for a top team a Real or a Barcelona or a man City. Hes got the ability and seems to have the application and attitude.

Or maybe he won't, there's plenty of variables in a person's life and career.

Not everyone agrees, but why is there the need to tear into our best young player?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Apart from you of course, when you said this:

"If he can do that regularly that's a world class player. His potential is of that level. And nothing that has happened in his career so far indicates he won't fulfill his potential. Only to idiots like you does the last 18 months indicate that."

You just have a problem understanding words. 

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Would that opinion about a footballer's career path really betray evidence of self loathing though?

It sounds like quite a leap is required to reach such a conclusion.

Absolutely, there's a consistent stream of posters who almost universally post negatively about Scottish players. 

The negative dour Scot is a well known stereotype, almost as ubiquitous as the self hating Jew stereotype.

They are being called out for their absolutely dreadful takes on this thread and rightly so. 

5 hours ago, Paxo said:

MacAllister you say? Get him capped!

Comes from a well storied Argentinian footballing family of Scottish descent. He's even kind of ginger.

I think Jose Luis Brown was of Scottish descent too, and Sebastien Coates was even eligible for us.

5 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Absolutely, there's a consistent stream of posters who almost universally post negatively about Scottish players. 

The negative dour Scot is a well known stereotype, almost as ubiquitous as the self hating Jew stereotype.

Right, so the evidence is as solid as that behind anti-Semitism.

Good to know.

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Right, so the evidence is as solid as that behind anti-Semitism.

Good to know.

That isn't what the post says, indeed it doesn't even mention anti semitism. 

It even explicitly mentions that the Scottish stereotype is almost as ubiquitous as the self hating Jew stereotype (almost as is not the same thing is as).

So, basically, you got everything wrong.

But if you're genuinely not aware that a hardcore minority of Scottish people tend to be extremely negative I suggest you spread your wings and see some of the world. 

Have a look at Lex's posts on Billy Gilmour on this thread, or even this forum generally, and that will prove it beyond doubt but he's hardly alone.

And nor are Scottish players immune from criticism, far from it, but thinking Chelsea would let Gilmours contract run down (numbers) or that he would have to drop to the championship or Rangers to get games after the Norwich loan (Lex) were both obviously wrong horrific takes that have been rightly called out.

9 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

but thinking Chelsea would let Gilmours contract run down (numbers)

At no point did I say or think that. You have a history of manufacturing information. 

On 02/09/2022 at 09:10, 2426255 said:

I never made any such predictions.

You'd have more credibility if you are more thorough and didn't just manufacture information. It's similar to when you asserted that Billy Gilmour's move to Brighton has a buy back without any confirmation and when you made the assertion that Billy Gilmour was having a successful season at Norwich last year despite not watching him play a single game for Norwich. 

Work on points for you Satoshi.

Sort that out before you start tossing out inaccurate and negative statements about me please.

Edited by 2426255

On 27/02/2022 at 18:21, 2426255 said:

Fair enough post. It makes things interesting for next season, where does this season with Norwich leave him? maybe he will now have the tools to break in at Chelsea? or maybe more likely he will continue his journey on the loan merry-go-round. His Chelsea contract is up soon I think so maybe get sold in the summer. 

He needs a team that have better players than Norwich, that play in a certain way (to his strengths) and that aren't as good as Chelsea - that'll certainly narrow the field. 😄

On 25/04/2022 at 15:03, 2426255 said:

In my view, Gilmour needs to do this season over to prove he can make a difference at Premier League level. I think he must remain in the Premier League - even with a promoted team - build on this season, use it as a learning experience to help him perform better. 

He could play abroad or in the Championship, but would it serve him better in a league focused on his strengths rather than his weaknesses if he wants to be a successful Premier League player? 

As it stands Gilmour's contract at Chelsea ends in the 22/23 season, It'll be interesting to see what's available to him in the summer and what happens. 

What was available to him in the summer was Chelsea immediately extending his contract. Meanwhile, Ross Barkley, also mentioned many times on this thread had his contract terminated.

You were even told at the time Chelsea don't tend to let even average youngsters contracts expire never mind a player like Gilmour.

If he didn't easily secure another top flight club he would have either gone on loan to another top flight team, or stayed at Chelsea where even jobbers like RLC (after a much worse loan spell at Fulham) and Barkley got games last year.

21 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

but thinking Chelsea would let Gilmours contract run down (numbers)

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

At no point did I say or think that. You have a history of manufacturing information. 

Sort that out before you start tossing out inaccurate and negative statements about me please.

Nothing in your previous post has provided any evidence that I said or thought that Chelsea would let Billy Gilmour's contract run down. Stop making things up.

34 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

That isn't what the post says, indeed it doesn't even mention anti semitism. 

It even explicitly mentions that the Scottish stereotype is almost as ubiquitous as the self hating Jew stereotype (almost as is not the same thing is as).

So, basically, you got everything wrong.

But if you're genuinely not aware that a hardcore minority of Scottish people tend to be extremely negative I suggest you spread your wings and see some of the world. 

Gosh, you're struggling quite badly here.

Do you not see negative stereotyping about Jewish people as anti-Semitic then?  That's a fairly unusual take.  I'd be careful with it if I were you.

Of course I'm aware that some Scots have a negative outlook.  I even know that the idea of the dour Scot is a 'thing'.  I'm less convinced, however, that it's unique to us, or even especially troublesome.  

Look where tiggerish boosterism and a quest for sunny uplands gets us.

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Nothing in your previous post has provided any evidence that I said or thought that Chelsea would let Billy Gilmour's contract run down. Stop making things up.

https://images.app.goo.gl/oj86dCkKKrvzRPeW6

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Gosh, you're struggling quite badly here.

Do you not see negative stereotyping about Jewish people as anti-Semitic then?  That's a fairly unusual take.  I'd be careful with it if I were you.

Of course I'm aware that some Scots have a negative outlook.  I even know that the idea of the dour Scot is a 'thing'.  I'm less convinced, however, that it's unique to us, or even especially troublesome.  

Look where tiggerish boosterism and a quest for sunny uplands gets us.

Nothing fairly unusual about it, deflect as much as you want my post was completely accurate. Not that it matters, but within that community there are many different definitions of what anti semitism is. Not surprised you're trying to deflect though, I'm very much against negativity and self loathing in any culture or nationality.

Dour negativity isn't unique to Scottish people but it is extreme in the country, and a known and commented upon stereotype. How many other countries have a (sports) national anthem that aspires to be a country again? Negativity manifests itself throughout Scottish society and it has become even more obvious since I've lived in countries that dint have it. And it is repeatedly manifests itself throughout this thread and this section of the board. If you don't believe me look at the posts of the posters I mentioned earlier. You asked a question and I answered it.

2 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/oj86dCkKKrvzRPeW6

Nothing fairly unusual about it, deflect as much as you want my post was completely accurate. Not that it matters, but within that community there are many different definitions of what anti semitism is. Not surprised you're trying to deflect though, I'm very much against negativity and self loathing in any culture or nationality.

Dour negativity isn't unique to Scottish people but it is extreme in the country, and a known and commented upon stereotype. How many other countries have a (sports) national anthem that aspires to be a country again? Negativity manifests itself throughout Scottish society and it has become even more obvious since I've lived in countries that dint have it. And it is repeatedly manifests itself throughout this thread and this section of the board. If you don't believe me look at the posts of the posters I mentioned earlier. You asked a question and I answered it.

You seem to be very down on the people of your own country.

Again, be careful with it.  That kind of self loathing can be quite destructive, I find. 

27 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

You are interpreting my posts in a negative and inaccurate manner. The quotes you provided of my posts on Gilmour's future post Norwich are fair and balanced statements containing reasonable questions. I don't find anything within them that backs up your allegation suggesting I said or thought Chelsea were intending on running down Billy Gilmour's contract.

I'll say it again though, please stop making things up about me. If you have an issue then by all means raise it but be prepared to back it up with quotes or other evidence and you'll find me quite open otherwise I'll call you out on it. I think that's fair. 👍 It would potentially help you in the future if you adopted more of an evidence based approach.

Edited by 2426255

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You seem to be very down on the people of your own country.

Again, be careful with it.  That kind of self loathing can be quite destructive, I find. 

Calling out self loathing behaviour is not the same as self loathing.

Most posters on here don't have this attitude.

But a hardcore minority do.

27 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You are interpreting my posts in a negative and inaccurate manner. The quotes you provided of my posts on Gilmour's future post Norwich are fair and balanced statements containing reasonable questions. I don't find anything within them that backs up your allegation suggesting I said or thought Chelsea were intending on running down Billy Gilmour's contract.

I'll say it again though, please stop making things up about me. If you have an issue then by all means raise it but be prepared to back it up with quotes or other evidence and you'll find me quite open otherwise I'll call you out on it. I think that's fair. 👍 It would potentially help you in the future if you adopted more of an evidence based approach.

On this thread you have admitted to being on the wind up, and even indicated you would stop posting on it a few pages back.

Why not pick a lane and stick to it?

Why linger long afterwards?

Edited by Satoshi

5 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

On this thread you have admitted to being on the wind up, and even promised to stop posting on it a few pages back.

Why not pick a lane and stick to it?

Why linger long afterwards?

The reason I'm back in this thread is simple. You posted incorrect allegations about me, I had no plans to spend much time in the Billy Gilmour thread this season. So if you want me to stop posting here then stop making things up about me. Is that fair enough?

Edited by 2426255

Is anyone else reminded of a certain banned poster having a similar meltdown about Balotelli being world class?
Let’s hope Billy’s career has a better trajectory than his did [emoji28]