Billy Gilmour

Kuro

40 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

He's signing permanently with a buy back option, not much different to a loan in many ways.

24 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Nothing I’ve read has confirmed there being a buy-back clause. Where you seeing this @Satoshi?

14 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.90min.com/posts/billy-gilmour-set-for-permanent-brighton-transfer-01gbwxvvvgpq/amp

Just an example but there are contradictory reports online. It could be that it was later removed from negotiations, or the parties have it but don't wish to disclose.

So it hasn't yet been established that He's signing permanently with a buy back option? @Satoshi 🧐 

Edited by 2426255

It has been reported by many sources in the media.

I have not seen the contract documents. It may have been later negotiated out or it exists but the parties don't wish to disclose.

Not surprised you want to move the convo on tho given how hideously wrong you were with your predictions of Gilmour not getting a contract extension, dropping down the league's or joining rangers.

Most people would just disappear, but you are trying to distract it seems. Must be a tough time for you right now.

Decent move for him I think, I suspect a mid table EPL club like Brighton will be his level long term and can see him doing well there. He was never getting back into that Chelsea team so a permanent move makes sense, no point in another loan.
Now he just needs to establish himself as a first choice pick, something he hasn’t managed anywhere. Apart from Scotland.

The world class claim was mentioned by quite a few on here and quite early on, it was utterly ridiculous to mention it so early.  Probably getting a permanent move away is beneficial for him tbh as he is a good few years off being a Chelsea regular imo and Brighton seem a good fit and seem a stable EPL club now.

2 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

It has been reported by many sources in the media.

I have not seen the contract documents. It may have been later negotiated out or it exists but the parties don't wish to disclose.

Not surprised you want to move the convo on tho given how hideously wrong you were with your predictions of Gilmour not getting a contract extension, dropping down the league's or joining rangers.

Most people would just disappear, but you are trying to distract it seems. Must be a tough time for you right now.

Until it has been confirmed I think making the assumption that there is a buy back especially forming arguments around that basis is premature. On the move I think it was the best possible outcome given the situation. Look forward to seeing him and hopefully he can establish himself in this Brighton team. 

A fair few Chelsea supporters were in a full on seethe last night about this sale. 

He is a very talented young player with a lot of potential still to be realised and a European cup winner as well. 

I think he is more of a continental style of player and could do well playing in Italy or Spain where there is more emphasis on technical ability than the physicality that there is in England. 

Edited by pub car king

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

I never made any such predictions.

You'd have more credibility if you are more thorough and didn't just manufacture information. It's similar to when you asserted that Billy Gilmour's move to Brighton has a buy back without any confirmation and when you made the assertion that Billy Gilmour was having a successful season at Norwich last year despite not watching him play a single game for Norwich. 

Work on points for you Satoshi.

Edited by 2426255

On 06/03/2022 at 18:02, Lex said:

I don’t think even the most ardent Gilmour fan would call his loan spell at Norwich a success. I would suggest he’s further away from the Chelsea first team now than he was a year ago.
Be interesting to see where he goes next season, another loan move is all but assured. Will another EPL team take him on? Or will he go to the Championship or - whisper it - back to Rangers?

On 30/08/2022 at 00:08, Lex said:

Surprised he’s not moved by now, surely someone’s going to take a punt on him in the next couple of days? If he can’t get another EPL team he’ll need to swallow his pride and go to The Championship or back to Rangers. He can’t be staying in the Chelsea youth team till January.

On 18/04/2022 at 06:36, Lex said:

Reading about RLC and Gilmour:
This weekend one of them was outstanding while scoring a ripper in a winning team in the FA Cup Semi, the other was not in the first 11 of a team in the bottom three.
It’s mid April now and it’s fair to say this season hasn’t worked for Billy at club level, let’s hope next season does.
Personally I think coming back to Rangers on loan might be good for him. Surely starting every game and European football, then back for another shot at the EPL in 2023.

On 27/02/2022 at 18:44, 2426255 said:

Tuchel and Farke are quoted as saying this is part of the reasoning. I feel the field is quite narrow if he can't go to a relegation threatened team because the players aren't on his level and he isn't at the level yet to force his way into the Chelsea team. So it only leaves mid table if he is going to move, so yeah maybe abroad or maybe back to Rangers. 😄 (kidding obviously)

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I never made any such predictions.

You'd have more credibility if you are more thorough and didn't just manufacture information. It's similar to when you asserted that Billy Gilmour's move to Brighton has a buy back without any confirmation and when you made the assertion that Billy Gilmour was having a successful season at Norwich last year despite not watching him play a single game for Norwich. 

Work on points for you Satoshi.

Sorry it was Lex who continuously doubled down on that awful Rangers prediction, no surprise to see him frantically backtracking now. You said he might go back to Rangers, later editing your post saying you were kidding.

Without any confirmation? This is a football forum you absolute mentalist, of course I haven't seen the contractual documents. I mentioned the buy back because it was widely reported in the press. It may have later been negotiated out, or may exist but the parties won't confirm. I suspect we will never know for sure. I certainly didn't make it up though.

My posts on Gilmours loan spell can be easily accessed on this thread. You laughably claimed to have watched what every match he was in? Most of them? You would watch 90 minutes replays when the match wasn't broadcast live 😅 It was hilariously sad, almost certainly true, and more worryingly if it was given your strange obsession with the guy. I volunteered that I didn't watch him live in any 90 minute matches, and only commented on either stats or highlights.

As I said most posters would disappear after getting it as wrong as you have this entire thread,  but you are doubling down and deflecting. Shame it just isn't working, you're only digging a deeper hole but I'm sure you will realise this eventually.

We certainly won't be seeing Lex again for a while.

1 hour ago, Loominous said:

Until it has been confirmed I think making the assumption that there is a buy back especially forming arguments around that basis is premature. On the move I think it was the best possible outcome given the situation. Look forward to seeing him and hopefully he can establish himself in this Brighton team. 

It will likely never be confirmed, one way or the other. It was widely reported by multiple sources and you can see them all for yourself just by googling it.

37 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Sorry it was Lex who continuously doubled down on that awful Rangers prediction, no surprise to see him frantically backtracking now. You said he might go back to Rangers, later editing your post saying you were kidding.

Apology accepted.

Without any confirmation? This is a football forum you absolute mentalist, of course I haven't seen the contractual documents. I mentioned the buy back because it was widely reported in the press. It may have later been negotiated out, or may exist but the parties won't confirm. I suspect we will never know for sure. I certainly didn't make it up though.

You stated it as fact without any basis to do so because it's not a fact known to you currently otherwise you would have pointed to it when @eez-eh asked you for confirmation. It's just press speculation which is fine but as @Loominous said you went on to base a point around that speculation which is questionable in my opinion. 

You laughably claimed to have watched what every match he was in? Most of them? You would watch 90 minutes replays when the match wasn't broadcast live 😅 It was hilariously sad, almost certainly true, and more worryingly if it was given your strange obsession with the guy. I volunteered that I didn't watch him live in any 90 minute matches, and only commented on either stats or highlights.

Suggesting that not watching the games and instead preferring to rely on statistic and highlights is sort of where you're going wrong in your approach to our continued debate: I think that's a legitimate point to make.

The three points mentioned above definitely contribute to my view on the reliability of your posts and also the methodology. That said, I appreciate your honesty and I also appreciate that you back Scottish players like McGinn ,Gilmour and McTominay - I just think it could be more evidence based and less personal.

Edited by 2426255

37 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Apology accepted.

You stated it as fact without any basis to do so because it's not a fact known to you currently otherwise you would have pointed to it when @eez-eh asked you for confirmation. It's just press speculation which is fine but as @Loominous said you went on to base a point around that speculation which is questionable in my opinion. 

Suggesting that not watching the games and instead preferring to rely on statistic and highlights is sort of where you're going wrong in your approach to our continued debate: I think that's a legitimate point to make.

The three points mentioned above definitely contribute to my view on the reliability of your posts and also the methodology. That said, I appreciate your honesty and I also appreciate that you back Scottish players like McGinn ,Gilmour and McTominay - I just think it could be more evidence based and less personal.

Yeah, you were smart enough to edit the post to say you were joking after realising what a horrendous take it was. Pity you didn't when wondering if Chelsea were going to let his contract expire, that was the worst take of all!

Stated it as a fact 😅 good christ man it was reported in many media sources, I could never know it was a fact or not (still don't, nor do I care). You are focusing in on this tiny meaningless detail to detract from the absolute shocker you have been having on this thread for almost a year. Gilmour, apparently quite easily, managed to get another Premier League club after his loan spell at Norwich. He is still doing far better than many world class midfielders were at his age. It's all gone terribly wrong for you and you are throwing any old shit to see if it distracts - it won't work, disappearing is the only way out now.

Sadly, I'm sure you will be back at some point and then looking forward to more laughable claims about you watching every minute Gilmour plays this season. As for saying it should be evidence based and no personal? Oh well at least you have a sense of humour 😅 

Your bizarre, deeply personal obsession with Gilmour has been infecting this thread for some time now, and has been pointed out by many people. Give it up.

I'm not surprised he was able to move to another top flight club, he's been rated by pretty much every manager he's ever had. Even in his apparently terrible loan spell at Norwich he got plenty of top flight experience under his belt, and is he the only player from that Norwich team back in the Premier League? Maybe Brandon Williams in the Man Utd reserves? Guess the relegation wasn't his fault after all? 

whats really good about his Brighton move is that it’s as much about the manger and set up if the club and what it offers than just about the team itself. 

I think it’s still to early to tell how good he’ll become. Obviously he looked poor at Norwich which probably ruined his chances at Chelsea but even through that time he was playing really well for Scotland, so it’s not like he’d lost all ability.

I think that being able to deal with games as big as England v Scotland, and put in such a great performance shows he’s pretty capable of performing at a high level, but how much he needs good players around him might become an issue. 

It’s pretty clear though, that not being regarded as good enough by Chelsea is hardly career-ending. Sure he might join a long list of also-rans but they’ve gotten rid of plenty of talented players in the past as well.  

Rangers would have been a decent loan move for him. Guaranteed starter and group stage champions league football. He certainly won’t ever get the latter at Brighton, not sure he’ll get the former either.
He’s there now though and it’s time for him to establish himself as an EPL level player. I’m sure he will.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

Sadly, I'm sure you will be back at some point and then looking forward to more laughable claims about you watching every minute Gilmour plays this season. 

Actually you'll maybe be glad to know I don't have any intention of watching Billy Gilmour this season as I'd previously decided to watch Scott McTominay at club level and what Ten Hag is doing at Manchester United. Gilmour's move to Brighton doesn't change my plans and I don't want to spend time doing both, so I don't have any intentions of following his club career progress more than any other Scotland player.

Happy to agree to disagree, move on and all the best to Billy for the upcoming Premier League season with Brighton and all the best to you Satoshi - was good debating you in this thread.

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Brighton are committed to this god knows what tat they'll be punting in the club shop.

Wait till Brighton fans find out that the TAs ‘we’ve got Billy Gilmour!’ song is sung to the same tune as the Crystal Palace’s theme tune ‘Glad all over!’

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

The world class claim was mentioned by quite a few on here and quite early on, it was utterly ridiculous to mention it so early.  Probably getting a permanent move away is beneficial for him tbh as he is a good few years off being a Chelsea regular imo and Brighton seem a good fit and seem a stable EPL club now.

Yeah including Roy Keane. Tbf though what would he know about a midfielder. Gilmour is world class.

He'll play for Barcelona or Man City etc. He just had a manager who prefers more physicality. And who will be sacked in the not too distant future btw.