Billy Gilmour

Kuro

You pretended to watch 90 mins of many Norwich games last season, I am not a weirdo so didn't.

My comments on Gilmour were either explicitly on highlights or stats.

I almost certainly wouldn't watch 90 mins of Norwich games anyway but given I live in a completely different timezone it's even less likely for this season and last.

48 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

You pretended to watch 90 mins of many Norwich games last season, I am not a weirdo so didn't.

My comments on Gilmour were either explicitly on highlights or stats.

I almost certainly wouldn't watch 90 mins of Norwich games anyway but given I live in a completely different timezone it's even less likely for this season and last.

You can catch full match replays if you can't see them live. So no need to worry about being in a different timezone or tossing out lazy accusations about me pretending to watch. It's there, straightforward and a handy way to validate the conclusions you have drawn from stats websites.  

https://footyfull.com/?s=Norwich+City

Hard pass, just have better things to do I'm afraid.

And the thought of replaying a 90 min non live game when I know the result? I wouldn't even do that for the team I do support, never mind random jobbers who I don't.

You would criticise Gilmour regardless of how he played, you have demonstrated that throughout this thread.

I don't believe for a second you watched as many Norwich games last season as you pretend to. It's more likely you watched none.

52 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Hard pass, just have better things to do I'm afraid.

And the thought of replaying a 90 min non live game when I know the result? I wouldn't even do that for the team I do support, never mind random jobbers who I don't.

You would criticise Gilmour regardless of how he played, you have demonstrated that throughout this thread.

I don't believe for a second you watched as many Norwich games last season as you pretend to. It's more likely you watched none.

I'm only saying the means are available. I didn't criticise Billy Gilmour over his performances during the June international window even if his performances were  mixed. 

You're the only person saying he was good last year. You also didn't watch any of his matches for Norwich City. 🧐

16 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I'm only saying the means are available. I didn't criticise Billy Gilmour over his performances during the June international window even if his performances were  mixed. 

You're the only person saying he was good last year. You also didn't watch any of his matches for Norwich City. 🧐

Maybe you should read the thread again (and ideally never post on it again).

I gave plenty of context to his loan spell Vs other Chelsea midfielders or comparing him with the likes of Jorginho, Kante at the same age.

He is far above many current world class midfielders at the same age, he was far ahead of other Chelsea loan midfielders at the same age.

An underwhelming loan spell at Norwich (he played regularly but they were a dreadful doomed team) won't drastically change his career, it didn't harm the many other top players who have had poor loan spells or were third division at that age.

Your hatred of him is demonstrably personal, and it's pretty concerning. Even a season later it's still the same, very worrying. I hope you can get the help you need before you harm someone.

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

An underwhelming loan spell at Norwich won't drastically change his career, it didn't harm the many other top players who have had poor loan spells or were third division at that age.

I suppose we kind of agree then. One unimpressive season isn't catastrophic as a footballers career progression doesn't necessarily follow a straight line. So hopefully he can do a little better this year.

Edited by 2426255

On 29/07/2022 at 12:55, accies1874 said:

Not even been given a squad number for the coming season, apparently. It's now a case of just hoping he makes the right move.

A loan wouldn't be a disaster as I wouldn't be overly surprised if Tuchel isn't there this time next year, but Gilmour will probably want to leave permanently.

Confirmed officially. Conor Gallagher has been assigned #23 which was Billy Gilmour's shirt number in 20/21 and was not assigned to any player in 21/22 when Gilmour was loaned to Norwich City. I suppose it has a certain symbolism to it.

On 03/08/2022 at 08:50, Satoshi said:

I gave plenty of context to his loan spell Vs other Chelsea midfielders or comparing him with the likes of Jorginho, Kante at the same age.

He is far above many current world class midfielders at the same age, he was far ahead of other Chelsea loan midfielders at the same age.

An underwhelming loan spell at Norwich (he played regularly but they were a dreadful doomed team) won't drastically change his career, it didn't harm the many other top players who have had poor loan spells or were third division at that age.

Your hatred of him is demonstrably personal, and it's pretty concerning. Even a season later it's still the same, very worrying. I hope you can get the help you need before you harm someone.

The reality is that the current Chelsea manager doesn’t rate him

On 03/08/2022 at 02:50, Satoshi said:

In about 15 months he’s gone from being on the bench of Chelsea’s first team to getting put out the door to anyone who wants him.

Clearly the loan at Norwich was worse than you think.

8 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The reality is that the current Chelsea manager doesn’t rate him

Except it was Tuchel who said in the press last season he wanted Gilmour to stay and play in the first team.

Gilmour defied him, and pushed for first team football.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

In about 15 months he’s gone from being on the bench of Chelsea’s first team to getting put out the door to anyone who wants him.

Clearly the loan at Norwich was worse than you think.

Shame that Chelsea extended his contract a month or so ago.

Really makes this take look awfully wrong.

I'm sure they would like to keep him and put him on loan, but it seems he wants to leave permanently. Didn't hurt the many Chelsea players who have done so and thrived elsewhere.

Good for him, clearly believes in himself and rightly so.

9 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Except it was Tuchel who said in the press last season he wanted Gilmour to stay and play in the first team.

Gilmour defied him, and pushed for first team football.

Shame that Chelsea extended his contract a month or so ago.

Really makes this take look awfully wrong.

I'm sure they would like to keep him and put him on loan, but it seems he wants to leave permanently. Didn't hurt the many Chelsea players who have done so and thrived elsewhere.

Good for him, clearly believes in himself and rightly so.

You're comfortably the worst poster in this part of the forum. 

Awful stuff.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

You're comfortably the worst poster in this part of the forum. 

Awful stuff.

Nothing I've posted is inaccurate.

Sorry you don't like it.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Gilmour isn't a player that Chelsea are desperate to get rid of, the facts go explicitly against that point of view.

Nothing I've posted is inaccurate.
Sorry you don't like it.
Sometimes the truth hurts. Gilmour isn't a player that Chelsea are desperate to get rid of, the facts go explicitly against that point of view.
I'd wager that Velo doesn't think Chelsea are trying to get rid of Gilmour either.
I suspect he was making a more general point that he is sick of your tiresome patter.

(Apologies I'm putting words in your mouth, Velo)

I think that out with the first team squad, I don’t think Chelsea generally seem to care an awful lot if players stay or go. They know they’ll buy what they need if they have to.

They really stall at bringing through the fringe or young players from that academy to the first team and I suspect as long as they make a profit from them, they are pretty unconcerned about them staying or going and it’s more based on monetary value than getting into the squad.

51 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I'd wager that Velo doesn't think Chelsea are trying to get rid of Gilmour either.
I suspect he was making a more general point that he is sick of your tiresome patter.

(Apologies I'm putting words in your mouth, Velo)

Nah that's about the size of it. Loads of wee man energy and tiresome repetition. The thread where him, numbers and bing were bleating for four pages about fucking Iceland beating England was eye bleeding. Most of the lad's posts are essays that have the same energy as Ted's "liars" speech in Fr Ted.

Bowfin.

I don't care if Chelsea wanted to keep BG, wanted to punt him or wanted to send him on perpetual loan to bottom three shite. I get that other people do and it's within the scope of this thread to speculate on that with only a pinch of data. Tis the p n b way after all.

I want him to sign for a big Italian or Spanish side. I fear he'll end up in some yawnworthy English outfit though. 

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

The thread where him, numbers and bing were bleating for four pages about fucking Iceland beating England was eye bleeding.

I took no part in that conversation. I do have some thoughts on it I could share now you've brought it back up again though.

Edited by 2426255

54 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I took no part in that conversation. I do have some thoughts on it I could share now you've brought it back up again though.

Aye I've made a wee arse of that. I apologise for blackening your good name. You played no part in that ocular haemorrhage of a thread.