Billy Gilmour

Kuro

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He's in LA with the Chelsea team for their preseason tour. He met Snoop Dogg the other day. That is the only news I can give you at the moment. 

I believe the Daily Record reported this as ex Rangers midfielder Billy Gilmour met Celtic daft rapper Snoop Dogg. 

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It’s early days but it’s highly likely Conor Gallagher is now ahead of him in the “pecking order”.

It’s hard to see him getting much game time if he doesn’t move permanently as he apparently isn’t keen on another loan.

Wouldn't worry too much, Gilmour has been ahead of Gallagher in the pecking order for the last few years. 

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Wouldn't worry too much, Gilmour has been ahead of Gallagher in the pecking order for the last few years. 

Until now yeah but I think that’s changed.

He’s surely going out on loan again if that’s true.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Maybe, and might change back again. Gilmours loan spell hardly worse than Gallagher for West Brom, and unlike Gallagher Gilmour can point to excellent international and club performances at that time.

Gilmour is almost a year and half younger, will expect him to overtake Gallagher again. His ceiling is much higher.

Better going to the Championship than wasting away in kids football. A suitable PL club would be ideal though.

The Chelsea fans    are saying it’s because he and Vale won’t sign new contracts and that Gilmour wants to leave to get regular game time.

I guess it’s a catch 22, Tuchel probably won’t play him but it’s hard to get a move stuck in with the kids.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

The Chelsea fans    are saying it’s because he and Vale won’t sign new contracts and that Gilmour wants to leave to get regular game time.

I guess it’s a catch 22, Tuchel probably won’t play him but it’s hard to get a move stuck in with the kids.

Chelsea took up the an option to extend his contract until 2024, which was publicised on 13th of June 2022. So how does that fit into what the Chelsea fans are saying?

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/gilmour-contract-extended

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Chelsea took up the an option to extend his contract until 2024, which was publicised on 13th of June 2022. So how does that fit into what the Chelsea fans are saying?

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/gilmour-contract-extended

That’s an option on his current contract though, maybe they want him to sign a new contract? 

I’m not saying what they are saying is correct, only is seems kind of strange to send them both to train with the kids unless he’s done something wrong. 

It was hard, It was also hard for my family. When you’ve got family in the stands and they’re shouting that it’s never nice, but I would just get my head down. Of course it’s not nice. They stopped coming to the games, so it wasn’t nice. They weren't coming down for games at the weekend, just staying in the house.

It was a difficult season. I went there with the idea of trying to play my best and some games it worked and some games it didn’t, so I took some experience from that and it will help me going forward. It’s the fans’ opinion. They come to watch games and pay for their ticket and they shout but that has happened and it wasn’t nice to hear. I gave it my all, tried to work hard every game.

Billy Gilmour

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11028223/Billy-Gilmour-reveals-family-stopped-going-watch-play-nightmare-Norwich-loan.html

I think the media and supporters made him a target because they hyped Billy Gilmour up to a level where Norwich City fans had unrealistic expectations which he inevitably fell short of.

The fans are clearly utter c***s. As is anyone who thinks shouting abuse at people trying to do their job is appropriate.

The likes of Gallagher and Ruben Loftus Cheek had similar loan spells but didn't get anywhere near the same abuse.

Shame on the Norwich fans.

I'm sure Gilmour is resilient enough to deal with it, another good lesson for him.

7 hours ago, Satoshi said:

The fans are clearly utter c***s. As is anyone who thinks shouting abuse at people trying to do their job is appropriate.

The likes of Gallagher and Ruben Loftus Cheek had similar loan spells but didn't get anywhere near the same abuse.

Shame on the Norwich fans.

I'm sure Gilmour is resilient enough to deal with it, another good lesson for him.

I was pointing to the hype as a driver for their regrettable behaviour. I don't consider their behaviour in that instance as the norm for Norwich City fans. 

Edited by 2426255

12 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I was pointing to the hype as a driver for their regrettable behaviour. I don't consider their behaviour in that instance as the norm for Norwich City fans. 

Gilmour doesn't chose the hype (which was well placed given his incredible early performances vs. the likes of Liverpool).

A bunch of grown men have utterly embarrassed themselves and need to be called out on it.

No surprise Chelsea quickly took the option to extend Gilmours contract. He's better than Norwich and will almost certainly play at a higher level for most of his career.