Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

^^^ absolutely seething Gilmour hasn't been spotted flipping burgers at an East Anglia Five Guys.

You think Five Guys would take him?

Pfft.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gilmours loan spells are about getting senior football into him to allow him to develop game intelligence while adapting to new situations. One loan is about showing ability, one is about developing ability.

What are you basing that on?

We are not here to develop players for other clubs, we are here to win points for this club.

Daniel Farke on Billy Gilmour

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/billy-gilmour-norwich-boss-speaks-on-lack-of-game-time-for-scotland-star-and-chelsea-loanee-3420912

If you decide to go on loan it’s as simple as that, you need to perform, you need to be on the pitch, you need to be the top player no matter where you go if you want to make it back here and improve your status.

Thomas Tuchel on Billy Gilmour

https://youtu.be/uoETEvpOsTI?t=567

Edited by 2426255

So who is still trying to kid on that Gilmour wasn't being played because he is a loan player? Williams, Normann & (Aarons) all started today as did Gilmour - replacing Kenny McLean who was injured in the warmup:

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/1520402507603886080?s=20&t=W58seDOSNH-Tcc8Rs9EW0A

disintegrating the following argument:

On 28/04/2022 at 10:27, Satoshi said:

but now they have thrown the towel in he wants to build players he will keep for the Championship. 

So if he wasn't out the team because he is a loan player, then maybe he was - dare I say it - dropped to the bench by Dean Smith. It also makes me wonder why Billy Gilmour can't get in the Norwich team ahead of a Kenny McLean playing through a broken toe. 🤔

Edited by 2426255

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Using Billy Gilmour starting a game for Norwich as an indication that he is too shite to start for Norwich, is an interesting strategy.

Billy Gilmour only started due to an injury to Kenny McLean.

Good article in The Athletic about Norwich's relegation, needless to say there was a lot going on behind the scenes that wasn't ideal.

What they say on Gilmour is that he is a player who always shows for the ball, is thought within the club to have an excellent career ahead of him and Smith reflects that one of his biggest mistakes was not bringing him on earlier against Crystal Palace (a view that also came from the directors box - likely from Stuart Webber). Thinks the fact Gilmour is so highly rated inside (and outside) the club is why fans have given him such a hard time, he's an easy target as he's clearly very good but they are just very very bad.

And the comparison with Normann is exactly appropriate given he is a much more experienced player with the article outlining he is one of Norwich's highest paid players on around 60k per week. Or Kabak who is also on big money despite being in loan.

Brandon Williams, bizarrely defended earlier on this thread, had a complete shocker at the goal (usually it's their big money signing Ben Gibson having the shocker). Hardly Gilmours fault he has a bunch of clowns behind him.

I'm happy to take a charity bet he's playing regularly at a club in the top 5 European leagues next season (or getting decent minutes at Chelsea). Any takers? Most of the Norwich squad will not be joining him.

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Good article in The Athletic about Norwich's relegation, needless to say there was a lot going on behind the scenes that wasn't ideal.

What they say on Gilmour is that he is a player who always shows for the ball, is thought within the club to have an excellent career ahead of him and Smith reflects that one of his biggest mistakes was not bringing him on earlier against Crystal Palace (a view that also came from the directors box - likely from Stuart Webber). Thinks the fact Gilmour is so highly rated inside (and outside) the club is why fans have given him such a hard time, he's an easy target as he's clearly very good but they are just very very bad.

And the comparison with Normann is exactly appropriate given he is a much more experienced player with the article outlining he is one of Norwich's highest paid players on around 60k per week. Or Kabak who is also on big money despite being in loan.

Brandon Williams, bizarrely defended earlier on this thread, had a complete shocker at the goal (usually it's their big money signing Ben Gibson having the shocker). Hardly Gilmours fault he has a bunch of clowns behind him.

I'm happy to take a charity bet he's playing regularly at a club in the top 5 European leagues next season (or getting decent minutes at Chelsea). Any takers? Most of the Norwich squad will not be joining him.

Define regularly. How many games would he have to start? 

Also, can you link the article?

On 01/05/2022 at 15:03, 2426255 said:

If he is so good, then why did Dean Smith drop him to the bench? @Satoshi

He played the full 90 minutes.

As to why he was initially starting behind Kenny McLean? Probably because he will be at Norwich next season and Gilmour will certainly not.

I don't even think Kenny McLean thinks he's a better player than Gilmour, he's far behind him in the Scotland team.

On 01/05/2022 at 19:00, velo army said:

Define regularly. How many games would he have to start? 

Also, can you link the article?

50% of games he's available for.

https://theathletic.com/3284500/2022/04/30/a-complete-failure-the-story-of-norwich-citys-relegation-from-the-premier-league/

It's behind a paywall.

As to why he was initially starting behind Kenny McLean? Probably because he will be at Norwich next season and Gilmour will certainly not.

How does that tally with the fact that two other loan players who won't be at Norwich City next season were in the starting eleven? 

How does that tally with Dean Smith saying:

"I’ll pick it on merit, all loan players are Norwich City players until the end of the season, my job is to pick the best team for the game, whether that be a loan player or not it’s what's best for the team."

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/dean-smith-we-need-to-have-a-must-win-mentality

I don't even think Kenny McLean thinks he's a better player than Gilmour, he's far behind him in the Scotland team.

Billy Gilmour has been successful with Scotland and is ahead of Kenny McLean in a Scotland shirt, not a point I'm looking to debate. I don't see any case for Billy Gilmour being ahead of Kenny McLean in the pecking order at Norwich City under either Daniel Farke or Dean Smith.

Edited by 2426255

You would have to be ridiculously naive to think a manager will not put any bearing at all into building to next season when already relegated, or in treating a player with a 3 year contract differently to one with a month contract and no possibility of renewal. Wouldn't put it past you, your views are batshit mental in general.

And I'm no doubt you are seething with rage that Smith chose Gilmour to play the full 90 minutes.

9 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

You would have to be ridiculously naive to think a manager will not put any bearing at all into building to next season when already relegated, or in treating a player with a 3 year contract differently to one with a month contract and no possibility of renewal. Wouldn't put it past you, your views are batshit mental in general.

And I'm no doubt you are seething with rage that Smith chose Gilmour to play the full 90 minutes.

Dean Smith played Brandon Williams and Mathias Normann who only have a month left with no possibility of renewal. Kenny McLean's contract ends in 2023.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/kenny-mclean-signs-new-three-year-deal-at-norwich-city

I was actually quite happy that Billy Gilmour played because he needs minutes for Scotland and it also provided evidence that he hasn't been left out because he is a loan player which helps strengthen my argument with you.

Separately, when you start to fire insults my way I know it's because you are not able to present a strong argument in response to the points I have raised.

Edited by 2426255

I think Brandon Williams won't do any better than Norwich, maybe Norman too.

Strengthens your argument 😅 you asked a question and I answered it, maybe McLean plays a different role but I don't doubt one of the reasons he would start ahead is because he's a senior player for them, and Gilmour is a loanee with a month left.

The fact you fail to get this doesn't surprise me, given what an obsessive mentalist you are.

8 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I don't doubt one of the reasons he would start ahead is because he's a senior player for them, and Gilmour is a loanee with a month left.

Why did Brandon Williams start ahead of Dimitris Giannoulis but Billy Gilmour only started after Kenny McLean was injured in the warmup?

Why did Mathias Normann start ahead of Lukas Rupp or Jacob Sorensen but Billy Gilmour only started after Kenny McLean was injured in the warmup?

Edited by 2426255

You're not going to be happy with any answer that isnt Billy Gilmour is crap, and will be working in 5 guys in a years time.

So either ask Dean Smith directly, or better yet, as advised, stop posting about him for a while as it clearly isn't good for your health or well being.

It certainly isn't good for this thread.

Here's one for you then. Why did Mathias Normann start ahead of Billy Gilmour?

I think Billy Gilmour lost his place due to illness before the Burnley game and wasn't able to regain it until Kenny McLean had to withdraw due to an injury in the warmup against Aston Villa.

I don't think you are willing to accept that point of view because it would mean he has lost his starting place under both Dean Smith and Daniel Farke when fit and available.

Have a wee think about that, tbh think that's you done now as far as arguing that Billy Gilmour has had a successful loan spell at Norwich. An argument only someone who hasn't seen a minute of the player play could make.@Satoshi

image.thumb.png.2a06af79e3950548432e2a9966470aec.png

See ya later 🥱

Edited by 2426255