Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I'm just winding Satoshi up. why is everyone so precious over this? 😂 @The Moonster @Bairnardo and yeah - that thought crossed my mind too. I thought it was odd as if they'd beaten Newcastle they'd still have had an outside shot, he must have zero faith in this team if he has thrown the towel in with 6 games to go, 8 points behind and on the back of two decent performances.

In terms of Gilmour, he's not going to going to have had a huge amount of game time looking forward to Ukraine if he isn't going to play in the last 5 games. He has only played 107 minutes since the last international break. Not ideal.

I don’t know that he won’t play again, yesterday was pretty awful from a Norwich perspective. 

Smith might keep trying work with the championship players or he might go back to trying to playing the strongest team again, I definitely think Smith sees Aaron’s, Williams and Gilmour as part of his strongest 11 whether the fans agree or not.

The last international break was only the end of March, and he was Ill for one of the matches, you make it sound like he’s been out for months. He’ll be fine, played much more than he had when he started in the Euros. 

I am not being precious, just all the Cliff stuff is utterly cringeworthy. It’s the kind of pish teenagers come up with when they are trying and failing to be clever or smart.

Edited by Jambomo

6 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I don’t know that he won’t play again, yesterday was pretty awful from a Norwich perspective. 

Smith might keep trying work with the championship players or he might go back to trying to playing the strongest team again, I definitely think Smith sees Aaron’s, Williams and Gilmour as part of his strongest 11 whether the fans agree or not.

The last international break was only the end of March, and he was Ill for one of the matches, you make it sound like he’s been out for months. He’ll be fine, played much more than he had when he started in the Euros. 

I am not being precious, just all the Cliff stuff is utterly cringeworthy. It’s the kind of pish teenagers come up with when they are trying and failing to be clever or smart.

Ouch! sorry Jambomo - I wasn't really referring to you in any case and my point was more if he doesn't play the next 5 games it will be 107 minutes in two months which isn't great, but yeah not catastrophic - I wasn't trying to make it sound worse than that. 

The only reason I would think he would go with the loan players is if his players get injured or he wants to avoid a repeat of yesterdays game. 

I had a quick look back. None of the loanees except Mathias Normann have really been involved heavily since the draw with Brighton at the start of this month. Perhaps he threw in the towel during the international break.

Edited by 2426255

26 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I had a quick look back. None of the loanees except Mathias Normann have really been involved heavily since the draw with Brighton at the start of this month. Perhaps he threw in the towel during the international break.

I think it coincides a lot with the run of results he had. For various reasons (illness/injury) the loan players (I’ll add in Aaron’s as well)  weren’t available for the Brighton game, and that was a not great performance but did get a point.

Smith has kept mainly the same team since then, due probably to the win at Burnley and the good performance against Man U, even if they did lose. I can see why, he’s looking for some consistency and continuity, but yesterday it cost him a bit. 

image.png.9c2f276b294311f610c627715ecc8831.png

there are the starting eleven selections since the disappointing home defeat to Brentford.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

I think it coincides a lot with the run of results he had. For various reasons (illness/injury) the loan players (I’ll add in Aaron’s as well)  weren’t available for the Brighton game, and that was a not great performance but did get a point.

Smith has kept mainly the same team since then, due probably to the win at Burnley and the good performance against Man U, even if they did lose. I can see why, he’s looking for some consistency and continuity, but yesterday it cost him a bit. 

I agree totally with this: Continuity with a team that was playing okay was the primary motivation as far as team selection went and less about looking to next season and excluding loan players. 

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Rangers, Fulham and Bournemouth linked with Gilmour for next season.

Bournemouth, if they stay down would be his best option. 

He can absolutely do a job in the Prem, f**k that for a set of choices. 

In my view, Gilmour needs to do this season over to prove he can make a difference at Premier League level. I think he must remain in the Premier League - even with a promoted team - build on this season, use it as a learning experience to help him perform better. 

He could play abroad or in the Championship, but would it serve him better in a league focused on his strengths rather than his weaknesses if he wants to be a successful Premier League player? 

As it stands Gilmour's contract at Chelsea ends in the 22/23 season, It'll be interesting to see what's available to him in the summer and what happens. 

Edited by 2426255

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

You asked the same contract questions several pages ago and it was answered (you repeat the same post every few pages).

All your new post is missing is a childs attempt at an excel table.

I know you're hurting right now - so I won't take your insults personally Satoshi as you're just lashing out like a wounded animal - let all that bitterness flow out of you. It's okay to be wrong every so often mate try and not let it get to you. 👍

Edited by 2426255

I think he’d do well going abroad. Would love to see him go to Spain or Italy. One of things that hurt him this season was the hype and getting away from that would help him.

I actually wonder whether Chelsea might keep him though. They are talking about Jorginho going, so even if someone else came in, they might look at him as the competition.

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I know you're hurting right now - so I won't take your insults personally Satoshi as you're just lashing out like a wounded animal - let all that bitterness flow out of you. It's okay to be wrong every so often mate try and not let it get to you. 👍

What was I wrong about?

Do you think Gilmour is worse than the handful of Chelsea no marks with contracts on the loan carousel?

Truly extraordinary.

Absolutely no chance he won't be offered a contract, and if he isn't it will be only because Chelsea are a basket case financially not because they don't want to.

He's no Lucas Piazon or Izzy Brown I guess...

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

In a sentence, your assertion that Billy Gilmour's loan move to Norwich City has been successful.

He's played far more top flight games than he ever has before, and that he likely would at Chelsea.

Probably learned a lot too. 

So has certainly been successful.

You thought he would be recalled, or loan cancelled, and sent somewhere in the Championship or Rangers. You were wrong.

You think Chelsea won't offer him a contract. You are going to be wrong on this too.

Pretty much every prediction you have made on this thread has been wrong or will almost certainly become wrong, I look at it objectively but you have a sad, deeply troubling, obsession with a young man you have never met.

Could the loan spell have gone better? Of course it could have, it was clear Farke wasn't the right coach for Gilmour. Smith started him pretty much every game he was available for, and clearly rated him very highly, but now they have thrown the towel in he wants to build players he will keep for the Championship. There is 0% chance that will be Gilmour so he is starting players who are more realistically at Norwichs level, Gilmour will be playing top flight football next year, I would suggest none of the Norwich starting 11 in the last match will.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

He's played far more top flight games than he ever has before, and that he likely would at Chelsea.

Probably learned a lot too. 

So has certainly been successful.

It is not enough to be just on the pitch. Maybe if you regard his last years, it may seem good because he is a regular but this is not enough. We cannot let him think it is enough, he needs to constantly push himself.

Thomas Tuchel on Ruben Loftus Cheek

https://youtu.be/s-ae11fcY4I?t=1216

Those words were for Ruben Loftus Cheek, but they indirectly support previous statements made by Thomas Tuchel regarding where the bar is set for Chelsea players including Billy Gilmour. That criteria forms my view that this loan spell hasn't been successful.

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

but now they have thrown the towel in he wants to build players he will keep for the Championship. There is 0% chance that will be Gilmour so he is starting players who are more realistically at Norwichs level

It doesn't seem very likely that the manager would throw in the towel with 6 games to go and an 8 point deficit. I think there is a greater chance that the players who replaced the injured/ill Brandon Williams and Billy Gilmour retained their place in the team based on both team continuity and performance against Burnley and Manchester United.

At what point did Dean Smith throw the towel in? Was it the Burnley game? Was it at Manchester Utd where Gilmour came off the bench? or the home game against Newcastle? If that is the case why is he playing Mathias Normann? 😂 it's just not a logical argument.

Edited by 2426255

I’ll pick it on merit, all loan players are Norwich City players until the end of the season, my job is to pick the best team for the game, whether that be a loan player or not it’s what's best for the team.

Dean Smith's Newcastle United Preview.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/dean-smith-we-need-to-have-a-must-win-mentality

Edited by 2426255

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

https://youtu.be/s-ae11fcY4I?t=1216

Those words were for Ruben Loftus Cheek, but they indirectly support previous statements made by Thomas Tuchel regarding where the bar is set for Chelsea players including Billy Gilmour. That criteria forms my view that this loan spell hasn't been successful.

Loftus-Cheek is 26, loan spells for him are for different reasons than for a 20yo Billy Gilmour. 

Loftus-Cheeks latter loan spells were about proving his current ability is high enough to play a part despite him having little room to develop much further. Gilmours loan spells are about getting senior football into him to allow him to develop game intelligence while adapting to new situations. One loan is about showing ability, one is about developing ability.

Chelsea won't be judging the "success" of Gilmours loan this season by the same parameters they judged Loftus-Cheeks last season.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

F*cking hell lads - Is this borefest still happening?

I feel the thread has become all too negative when all folk (by folk I mean one person) wanted was balance. So lets get back to some positivity. Just look at the handsome young man loving life in a Scotland shirt. Looking forward to seeing this smile in Scotlands midfield in June again. 

skynews-billy-gilmour-scotland_5422643.jpg