Billy Gilmour

Kuro

8 hours ago, Streets of Raith said:

Nothing to add regarding our glorious leader Billy Gilmour, but the list is for players with +1000 minutes played in their domestic league. Pedri has played 890 mins to date, due to injury.

With that injury record it sounds like Pedri has gone the way of Gilmour. Just the 890 minutes to date? Finished at the top level imo.

10 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Based on what exactly? your own bias? Lets just credit him with playing a part in the victory then shall we? 🤔 Considering you haven't seen him play for Norwich this season then how can you make such a judgement?

Billy Gilmour has got minutes which is good if it improves him, but to be honest he still has to prove that he can hack it in the EPL.

I'm sure he will get somewhere pretty decent but It's not easy to say where. Does he still need to work on the same things from before the Norwich loan? Is he ready for a crack at the Chelsea team? Who would be looking for a player with his skillset? Loan/Permanent? Hard to say really.

My irrational, deeply personal hatred of a 20 year old kid I've never met. 

Additionally, RLC had a horrendous loan spell with Fulham last season - in all ways far worse than Billy Gilmours at Norwich and he started for Chelsea in the CL QF last night.

He's also 6 years older and a far worse player.

So over for Gilmour at Chelsea? Not a chance. I'm sure one poster in particular will be devastated at this news.

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Additionally, RLC had a horrendous loan spell with Fulham last season - in all ways far worse than Billy Gilmours at Norwich and he started for Chelsea in the CL QF last night.

He's also 6 years older and a far worse player.

So over for Gilmour at Chelsea? Not a chance. I'm sure one poster in particular will be devastated at this news.

I've never seen Ruben Loftus Cheek play to be honest mate so I can't really say if he's better or worse than Billy Gilmour. I'm sure they both have different strengths and weaknesses.

I don't think it's over for Billy Gilmour at Chelsea, but I would be surprised if he got as many minutes for Chelsea as he got for Norwich this season - I'll say that.

Tbf Loftus-Cheek has the physical attributes that Gilmour seriously lacks. He's also played RWB and often been asked to do things that Gilmour wouldn't be suited to at all (although Gilmour did have a weird kinda right-back role when he came on against Leeds).

Indeed, nobody is suggesting RLC is the same type of player than Gilmour, Gilmour is far more suited to playing at the top level than RLC and is a clear replacement for Jorginho.

Chelsea will likely be far less active in the transfer market going forward so Gilmour has a great shot, his career to date is better than pretty much any other Chelsea youth product at the same age.

For his age, he's doing brilliantly. 

9 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Indeed, nobody is suggesting RLC is the same type of player than Gilmour, Gilmour is far more suited to playing at the top level than RLC and is a clear replacement for Jorginho.

Chelsea will likely be far less active in the transfer market going forward so Gilmour has a great shot, his career to date is better than pretty much any other Chelsea youth product at the same age.

For his age, he's doing brilliantly. 

Bud 99.9% of posters on here can see gilmour is a fantastic young players whos only going to get better. Stick him on ignore its never going anywhere.

On 14/04/2022 at 13:05, Streets of Raith said:

Yeah RLC has played everything from number 10 to centre back in his sporadic appearances for Chelsea. It's comparing apples and oranges a bit.

No, 2468 Motorway will always hate apples no matter how good they may be.

On 16/04/2022 at 06:34, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Conor Gallagher is a better player than Gilmour.

Gilmour will carve himself a career at The Ev or Southampton. 

He was clearly below Gilmour in the Chelsea pecking order at the start of the season (Tuchel wanted Gilmour to stay, he said nothing about wanting Gallagher to stay).

Gallagher also had plenty of middling loan spells before doing well at Palace, Chelsea specifically kept Gilmour off the loan carousel because they felt he was too good / too important.

Even now I think it's likely Gilmour will have a better Chelsea career than Gallagher, with the latter much more suited to a more advanced role at a smaller club (Chelsea already have Mount, Havertz, Werner and Pulisic ahead of him for that role), only Jorginho and, to a lesser extent Kovacic, can do what Gilmour does.

Gallagher is another Joe Willock, decent chance Chelsea will sell him in the summer.

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

He was clearly below Gilmour in the Chelsea pecking order at the start of the season (Tuchel wanted Gilmour to stay, he said nothing about wanting Gallagher to stay).

Gallagher also had plenty of middling loan spells before doing well at Palace, Chelsea specifically kept Gilmour off the loan carousel because they felt he was too good / too important.

Even now I think it's likely Gilmour will have a better Chelsea career than Gallagher, with the latter much more suited to a more advanced role at a smaller club (Chelsea already have Mount, Havertz, Werner and Pulisic ahead of him for that role), only Jorginho and, to a lesser extent Kovacic, can do what Gilmour does.

Gallagher is another Joe Willock, decent chance Chelsea will sell him in the summer.

How did wee Cliff get on yesterday?

Edited by 2426255

On 15/04/2022 at 23:34, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Conor Gallagher is a better player than Gilmour.

Gilmour will carve himself a career at The Ev or Southampton. 

At Gilmour’s age, Harry Kane was on loan at Norwich, and Leicester in the Championship. 

Gilmour is quite obviously capable of playing CL football every week. Plenty of world class players haven’t made it at Chelsea - Gallagher and Gilmour both might be better suited elsewhere.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

45 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Gilmour is quite obviously capable of playing CL football every week. Plenty of world class players haven’t made it at Chelsea 

Billy Gilmour's nae wurld class you dafty. 😂

On 13/04/2022 at 05:22, Satoshi said:

he's playing pretty much every game he's available so second half of the loan spell looking a lot better than the first.

• Cliff played 1056 minutes of 18 available games in the 1st half of the season = 58.7 mins/game.
  • He's played 470 minutes of 8 available games in the 2nd half of the season = 58.8 mins/game.

So, I'd say it's a stretch to say it's looking a lot better than the first half of the season in terms of minutes, it's pretty much the same.

* I haven't included cup appearances, I'm not sure if that will make a significant difference.

Edited by 2426255