Billy Gilmour

Kuro

On 03/04/2022 at 09:29, Donathan said:

You’ve changed your tune 

I was taken for special treatment regarding my views on Billy Gilmour and now I can safely assure you that I am a massive fan and that you'll no longer get any trouble from me in that regard.

image.jpeg.24bc8a45d2c323c8d77e38a9477fb8df.jpeg

On 03/04/2022 at 03:21, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’m sure next season will be better for Billy. The Chelsea ownership change will be interesting to follow, but you suspect there may be opportunity as all the bidders can’t hope to match Abramovich’s outgoings. Some cloth may need to be cut, either in a lower wage bill or transfer sales.

Alternatively, another loan to a better placed club (even European) so long as they are playing competitively (Southampton, Leipzig, Valencia), then that would ideal.

What I’d really like to see from him is goals added to his game. Eriksen now has 38 goals for Denmark. He scored twice in his first 34 matches (his second against us at Hampden). He’s then scored 36 in 77 matches. Gilmour still has time to find that for us.

I’m not expecting him to match that, but scoring 15 goals in 100 caps would be a great return, and we really need to find more goals from that centre midfield position.

A season long at The Rangers awaits.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The fact there is no Pedri (or Aaron Hickey) on there means I'm struggling to take it seriously.

"CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the 100 best performing U21 outfield players from 32 European leagues according to a brand-new approach taking into consideration players’ performance compared to teammates, the employer team’s sporting level, as well as that of opponents."

Make of that what you will. BTW Calvin Ramsey makes the top 100

35 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cdf6290a6007ba64f2aa6c97a2ba0cd7.jpeg

He got BBC’s MOTM.

I'm not sure that means much as it's skewed by children like me who rate the players based on whether I like them/their team or not.

Edit: Just seen he wasn't even in the squad lol

Edited by RawB93

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

Just been thinking, if he still doesn't regularly get into the first team for Chelsea next season and that he'd be open to a move away. Which club do you think would be beneficial for his development? 

I watched Frankfurt against Barca the other night and they were excellent. He'd fit in and thrive there. I personally would want him away from England, for the change of scenery more than anything, and perhaps a different sort of football. Although, given the Germanification of the EPL it may not be that far away.

So aye, Bundesliga and Frankfurt for me. I

4 hours ago, monthefife said:

Just been thinking, if he still doesn't regularly get into the first team for Chelsea next season and that he'd be open to a move away. Which club do you think would be beneficial for his development? 

Maybe somewhere in Spain, they love a diminutive playmaker.

Or if he fancys it Morton 🤷‍♂️

He didn't play at Burnley due to illness (otherwise it seems certain he would have started). Expect he will be back for the next game but also wouldn't be surprised if Smith doesn't want to change a winning team.

I don't doubt Norwich would have still won had he played, he's playing pretty much every game he's available so second half of the loan spell looking a lot better than the first.

But absolutely agreed, if there's a list of best youngsters that doesn't include Pedri it needs thrown in the bin - he's head and shoulders above the rest at the moment.

16 hours ago, monthefife said:

The Dons....Goodwin can build his new midfield around him.....yes, definitely the Dons.

I think Chelsea are due us a favour after we reluctantly sold them Doug Rougvie (someone who has experienced winning a European tie against Real Madrid....)

Edited by Caledonian1

10 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I don't doubt Norwich would have still won had he played,

Based on what exactly? your own bias? Lets just credit him with playing a part in the victory then shall we? 🤔 Considering you haven't seen him play for Norwich this season then how can you make such a judgement?

Billy Gilmour has got minutes which is good if it improves him, but to be honest he still has to prove that he can hack it in the EPL.

I'm sure he will get somewhere pretty decent but It's not easy to say where. Does he still need to work on the same things from before the Norwich loan? Is he ready for a crack at the Chelsea team? Who would be looking for a player with his skillset? Loan/Permanent? Hard to say really.

Edited by 2426255