Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

This thread is incredibly tedious. You’d think we’d be more excited about having a genuine world class prospect 

If you blocked one poster the thread is largely positive 

13 hours ago, 2426255 said:

How many EPL teams were represented on this list? It's maybe too much of a simple stat, wouldn't you agree? @Satoshi

It is every player in the EPL

Billy Gilmour switches the ball more often than any other player in the league

I agree it is hard to parse what it actually means. You could check who the other players are on the list with him near the top to get an idea of the context. Rodri, TAA, Pogba, Neves - maybe the players on the end of their switches have an end product?

Game completely turned when he came on, cracking set piece delivery too for the late chance.

Not hard to overstate what a bad goal the winner was to concede, shocking from Gibson and Williams.

On the Norwich forum they bizarrely seem to be fans of the latter because he runs around a lot and grunts like Gary Neville. Seems an absolutely shocking footballer whenever I see him - I'm pretty certain he will not have a top flight career. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is absolutely blatantly clear that Dean Smith needs to get on the phone to Steve Clarke, he has Gilmour pressing, winning the ball back and dictating games. Obviously it could be as simple as having a decent standard of player around him for Scotland...

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It is absolutely blatantly clear that Dean Smith needs to get on the phone to Steve Clarke, he has Gilmour pressing, winning the ball back and dictating games. Obviously it could be as simple as having a decent standard of player around him for Scotland...

I think it is just as simple as that, you would be struggling to name one of our starting outfield players last night who wouldn't walk right into the Norwich team.

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I think it is just as simple as that, you would be struggling to name one of our starting outfield players last night who wouldn't walk right into the Norwich team.

Agree. I think he would absolutely thrive in the current Chelsea squad. Once Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho all bugger off

I thought he was amazing last night, 10/10 - the way he sees the game is wonderful - He was the best player on the park for me.  There was a moment in the match where he pulled the ball out the sky so nonchalantly and some of his touches were immaculate. Mark my words, this young boy is headed right to the very top of the game. ✅

Edited by 2426255

Just now, monthefife said:

Agree. I think he would absolutely thrive in the current Chelsea squad. Once Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho all bugger off

Tbh I cant see him getting in their team next year unless there is a big fire sale.

Alot of people thought at the time that the Norwich move would be an issue for the very reason that were seeing, their players not being good enough for him tho thrive.

But we could see last night hes not lost anything in terms of confidence, so the loan hasn't done him any harm. Hopefully he goes to a decent team next season.

Right, we've all had a wee break - time to get this thread back fired up for the run in. Bournemouth away, can Billy get back in the team - can he step up to EPL level?
Surely Norwich aren't that shite that they have relegated them already?

2 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:
Right, we've all had a wee break - time to get this thread back fired up for the run in. Bournemouth away, can Billy get back in the team - can he step up to EPL level?

Surely Norwich aren't that shite that they have relegated them already?

oops, I was getting a bit too excited! I meant Brighton.

Those hacks at Norwich don't know how to use oor Billy. Shocking - he is streets ahead of the rest of their mob. I thought he was the best player on the pitch and it was because the other players were so shite they made him look bad.

I’m sure next season will be better for Billy. The Chelsea ownership change will be interesting to follow, but you suspect there may be opportunity as all the bidders can’t hope to match Abramovich’s outgoings. Some cloth may need to be cut, either in a lower wage bill or transfer sales.

Alternatively, another loan to a better placed club (even European) so long as they are playing competitively (Southampton, Leipzig, Valencia), then that would ideal.

What I’d really like to see from him is goals added to his game. Eriksen now has 38 goals for Denmark. He scored twice in his first 34 matches (his second against us at Hampden). He’s then scored 36 in 77 matches. Gilmour still has time to find that for us.

I’m not expecting him to match that, but scoring 15 goals in 100 caps would be a great return, and we really need to find more goals from that centre midfield position.

4 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’m sure next season will be better for Billy. The Chelsea ownership change will be interesting to follow, but you suspect there may be opportunity as all the bidders can’t hope to match Abramovich’s outgoings. Some cloth may need to be cut, either in a lower wage bill or transfer sales.

Alternatively, another loan to a better placed club (even European) so long as they are playing competitively (Southampton, Leipzig, Valencia), then that would ideal.

What I’d really like to see from him is goals added to his game. Eriksen now has 38 goals for Denmark. He scored twice in his first 34 matches (his second against us at Hampden). He’s then scored 36 in 77 matches. Gilmour still has time to find that for us.

I’m not expecting him to match that, but scoring 15 goals in 100 caps would be a great return, and we really need to find more goals from that centre midfield position.

Some coat may need to be cut (according to your cloth)...