Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Couldn't care less tbh, not really a hatred type person in general (as covered on Mexican football deaths thread).

You almost certainly have an unhealthy obsession with a young player, something to work on I think.

Or maybe you're a master troll artist wasting mine and your time.

In which case - jokes on you. I'd be wasting it anyway.

9 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Couldn't care less tbh, not really a hatred type person in general (as covered on Mexican football deaths thread).

You almost certainly have an unhealthy obsession with a young player, something to work on I think.

Or maybe you're a master troll artist wasting mine and your time.

In which case - jokes on you. I'd be wasting it anyway.

tom hanks do not want GIF

On 06/03/2022 at 10:47, 2426255 said:

Definitely a success in terms of minutes. Do you think he will have a shot at the Chelsea first team next season? Here's a question for you: do you think Norwich would have him back?

I think there is a chance he’ll stay at Chelsea next season, and get some first team games, he wasn’t a world away from the first team before he went to Norwich.

Dean Smith’s press conference yesterday was interesting as he was talking about Gilmour thinking his all round game was better for having played this season. I thought that too a few weeks back, he was better at closing down, positionally, was pressing players better. 

It’s also clear that managers have a different view of things than fans do. Smith was talking about how he felt their midfield was better than Brentford’s, which most fans would disagree with, but they will be looking at/for different things.

Just because fans or journalists think it hasn’t worked out at Norwich, doesn’t actually mean that for Gilmour it hasn’t still been useful for him or that Tuchel won’t look beyond Norwich performances and see what kind of player he is now.

I think there is a chance he’ll stay at Chelsea next season, and get some first team games, he wasn’t a world away from the first team before he went to Norwich.
Dean Smith’s press conference yesterday was interesting as he was talking about Gilmour thinking his all round game was better for having played this season. I thought that too a few weeks back, he was better at closing down, positionally, was pressing players better. 

It’s also clear that managers have a different view of things than fans do. Smith was talking about how he felt their midfield was better than Brentford’s, which most fans would disagree with, but they will be looking at/for different things.
Just because fans or journalists think it hasn’t worked out at Norwich, doesn’t actually mean that for Gilmour it hasn’t still been useful for him or that Tuchel won’t look beyond Norwich performances and see what kind of player he is now.

While I think a lot of this is true, you also need to account for managers not being truthful in public in an attempt to protect or provoke their players/themselves/their club. Gilmour's a young guy who's got a shit load of criticism and abuse this season when he was previously used to a shit load of praise. You'd imagine that would be difficult to deal with and Smith saying that in public might be a way to help him.

On 06/03/2022 at 12:05, Caledonian1 said:

Often you post some decent stuff on the national team. However, when it comes to Billy Gilmour you come across as an attention seeking bore.

I was going to add further comment here but then decided nah, will just quote myself from last week......still as relevant....gie it a rest please !!!!

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

This thread proves you are anything but informed though.

It's like someone bragging they have read 100 books, meaningless if you don't understand any of it and continue to display obvious knowledge gaps.

If you are watching full re-runs of matches already played just to criticise one of the players this is another tickbox in the psycho obsessive behaviour you have demonstrated with regards to Gilmour.

You wondered previously if Chelsea will sell him given his contract is expiring next summer. Given Chelsea are notorious for keeping young players on contract even if it is clear they will never break in (Piazon and Baker are two of a long list of examples), the chances of Chelsea not offering him a renewal are effectively zero. There is a small chance Gilmour won't want to renew but why push to be sold a year before your contract expires? Just wait and get paid more.

Someone who knew even a little about football would know the above, you do not, hence how many games you go to isn't that relevant.

And no surprise your predictions on him getting recalled in January to go to Rangers or the Championship didn't happen or even come close to happening. And his new manager rates him and starts him whenever he is available.

Sore one, this really hasn't gone to plan for you.

This thread proves that numbers fella has a'body on strings (those who don't have him on ignore) and has already told us that he's just a troll. 

I hate to be the forum police but everyone responding to him (some repeatedly) is rendering this thread unreadable.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

While I think a lot of this is true, you also need to account for managers not being truthful in public in an attempt to protect or provoke their players/themselves/their club. Gilmour's a young guy who's got a shit load of criticism and abuse this season when he was previously used to a shit load of praise. You'd imagine that would be difficult to deal with and Smith saying that in public might be a way to help him.

Yes, I do agree, there is probably a bit of that as well. 

20 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The situation at Chelsea might very well be of benefit to gilmour next season. If they don't manage to get the sale through they wouldn't be able to afford alot of the high earners next season. So could end up a very different team.

20 interested buyers 

Some other crook will snap them up and start splashing cash on players in no time 

4 hours ago, immcinto said:

What does this statistic tell us? Does it mean Billy Gilmour is good at switching the play? Does it mean Billy Gilmour often attempts to switch the play? Do we credit Billy Gilmour for switching the play or does it tell us more about what Norwich city are trying to do tactically? Did the switches lead to anything useful? 

How many EPL teams were represented on this list? It's maybe too much of a simple stat, wouldn't you agree? @Satoshi

Edited by 2426255