Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, 2426255 said:
If Norwich persist with a 4-4-2 and they keep performing well and picking up results is there a risk Billy Gilmour might struggle to regain his place in the team?

No, he's their best player.

hmm, lazy way to look at things. I would have thought the team as a whole is more important than individual players and it's unarguable that over the course of the season to date Norwich have been better as a team when he isn't playing. 

P W D L F A PPG
Gilmour 12 1 2 9 5 29 0.42
No Gilmour 9 2 2 5 5 16 0.89

I think you said previously it wasn't a good move because he isn't a good fit for Norwich and I agree generally with that, but he has importantly failed to adapt and develop the required skills to become a good fit and that's why I am questioning whether he will lose his place again.

I think you have to concede his place in the team is under threat, especially if he is still injured and Norwich win or draw away to Watford on Friday night.

Edited by 2426255

On 16/01/2022 at 09:30, 2426255 said:

If Norwich persist with a 4-4-2 and they keep performing well and picking up results is there a risk Billy Gilmour might struggle to regain his place in the team?

He’ll probably need to earn his way back in tbf but I expect Smith to change things again depending on who they play, injury etc and so I think he’ll be back in at some point. It’s only been two wins after all, one against lower league opposition, so it’s  too soon to look at this as a fixed side. 

On 20/01/2022 at 07:35, Jambomo said:

He’ll probably need to earn his way back in tbf but I expect Smith to change things again depending on who they play, injury etc and so I think he’ll be back in at some point. It’s only been two wins after all, one against lower league opposition, so it’s  too soon to look at this as a fixed side. 

I'm interested to see if Norwich retain Jacob Sørensen and Pierre Lees Melou in midfield tonight after they have performed so well against Everton.

Kenny McLean (ever present under Dean Smith) could potentially be put straight back in, replacing one of the two who deputised or perhaps they will play three midfielders and sacrifice someone else in a different department. 

7 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I'm interested to see if Norwich retain Jacob Sørensen and Pierre Lees Melou in midfield tonight after they have performed so well against Everton.

Kenny McLean (ever present under Dean Smith) could potentially be put straight back in, replacing one of the two who deputised or perhaps they will play three midfielders and sacrifice someone else in a different department. 

Just seen this. They have kept Sorensen and Lees-Melou, McLean is on the bench.

I expect Norwich to play well enough but it’ll be interesting to see if they both do well enough tonight. I’m not sure how much Everton being shockingly bad, has made them look decent.

I hope they do well, don’t like seeing any player having a hard time really, but they weren’t first choice till injuries by either Smith or Farke, usually there is a reason for that.

Edited by Jambomo

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

If Gilmour had been fit and playing for Norwich last night, they'd have *lost* 3-0.
Fact!

Well pointed out - Norwich lost 3-1  at home to Watford on matchday 5 and Gilmour both played and started. Really emphasises the contrast.

What's happened to the "Daniel Farke just didn't know how to use him" and "the players he's playing with are way below his level so what chance does wee Billy have" arguments? 😄 This thread unlike Gilmour is world class, pure amusement. 👍

Edited by 2426255

• 2 weeks later...