Billy Gilmour

Kuro

He was a bit better today but still can't say he's living up to the hype if we are going to be brutally honest after the first half of the season, but then he never was going to be able to. No way is he ready for Chelsea and I think he's still a bit underdone generally still as far as the EPL goes. I feel a bit sorry for him on a human level getting so much stick off the Norwich fans but it's obviously because he was overhyped beyond any reason. It's sad and I feel like the hype has strong potential to ruin his career and it's not his fault.

He was a bit better today but still can't say he's living up to the hype if we are going to be brutally honest after the first half of the season, but then he never was going to be able to. No way is he ready for Chelsea and I think he's still a bit underdone generally still as far as the EPL goes. I feel a bit sorry for him on a human level getting so much stick off the Norwich fans but it's obviously because he was overhyped beyond any reason. It's sad and I feel like the hype has strong potential to ruin his career and it's not his fault.
Nonsense. Hes trying to stabilise an utterly shite team and stands out. He would rise to any occasion, phenomenal talent

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Nonsense. Hes trying to stabilise an utterly shite team and stands out. He would rise to any occasion, phenomenal talent

He isn't capable of stabilizing Norwich. He has proved that beyond any doubt. So that's an occasion he hasn't risen to.

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

He isn't capable of stabilizing Norwich. He has proved that beyond any doubt. So that's an occasion he hasn't risen to.

Nobody is at the moment though. They have had about 8 or 9 first team players out the last 3 games, of course they look abysmal. 

The Norwich fans blame Gilmour but the truth is right now, none of them are playing well in what is a constantly patched up team who look like they have never played together, largely because they haven’t. 

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Nobody is at the moment though. They have had about 8 or 9 first team players out the last 3 games, of course they look abysmal. 

The Norwich fans blame Gilmour but the truth is right now, none of them are playing well in what is a constantly patched up team who look like they have never played together, largely because they haven’t. 

I was just responding to JohnLambiesDoos crap comment.

some Scottish guy is going mental on the Norwich forums telling all Norwich fans to get off Gilmours back. [emoji23] What a tit, is that you 19QOS19?

No, why would it be? I judge Gilmour on what I've seen of him. My life isn't tragic enough that I spend all my time trying and failing to convince people he is a different player to what they see.

Nice to see you're completely obsessed to the point you're trolling Norwich City forums as well [emoji38]

11 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

The Norwich comparison is pointless as already stated. He only played 3 games due to a broken foot. 

David Nugent was the leagues top scorer the season before, clubs top scorer the next season, was an established player who was capped and scored for England. Nobody knew who Harry Kane was. He was signed as cover. Gilmour is already an international with first team experience at Chelsea. Folk in here think he is the next Iniesta.

It was just a really poor example from yourself. Completely different types of players, clubs, situations etc etc. I couldn't give a f**k about Harry Kane. But it's just another example of people refusing to believe that Billy Gilmour might not actually be a world beater. I hope he will be though.

It's only pointless because you don't like it, he made no impact, got injured and was sent to the lower division where he struggled to get on the pitch. It was a far more underwhelming loan season than Gilmours, and it had no impact on his future career.

David Nugent was not the leagues top scorer before, he was 8th highest, 7 goals behind the wonderful, er, Ricardo Vaz Te (and even further behind Rickie Lambert). 

You are getting basic, easy to check things very wrong. Why?

Do you not like the fact he plays well for Scotland and is rated by Scotland fans / Tuchel / Lampard / Dean Smith?

I really don't think you hope Gilmour will be a world beater. This thread is great for exposing the self hating Scots. No surprise he statistically had a good game again.

As for him not being close to the Chelsea team, that is clearly wrong - worth referring to my post earlier in the thread re. Gilmour vs. other Chelsea loanees:

Indeed, and he fares even better when compared to the others cycled through Chelseas loan system.

Chelsea fast tracked him to the first team before loaning him out, they didn't for Mount, Gallagher, Reece James, Chalobah or Courtouis. Gilmour made more first team appearances than Lukaku did during his first spell (going by wikipedia).

They only loaned him out reluctantly with Tuchel publicly saying it was Gilmours decision. 

The Norwich fans criticising him no doubt thought that Kane was a complete carthorse too when they loaned him too. And they're probably trying to be edgy like some of those on this thread.

He's certainly a completely different player to Skipp, but the evidence would suggest he is better (Chelsea easily found a top tier team to take Gilmour, Skipp went to the Championship on loan). 

Gilmour will never be loaned to a Championship, I'm very confident of that.

Also for those saying he isn't as good as Kante or Jorginho, they are right, but he is miles ahead of both of them at the same age.

If his Norwich loan spell continues as it has been he will still to back to Chelsea in first team contention and will still find another top flight side to go to on loan if he so desires.

The fantasies of those on this thread that he will be sent to the championship (or lower?!??) are incredibly unlikely. Still, self haters can dream right?

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No, why would it be? I judge Gilmour on what I've seen of him. My life isn't tragic enough that I spend all my time trying and failing to convince people he is a different player to what they see.

Nice to see you're completely obsessed to the point you're trolling Norwich City forums as well emoji38.png

Being a QOS fan is tragic enough I suppose, I'd put money you haven't seen him play a full 90 minutes for Norwich. 

Edited by 2426255

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What a zinger!

That'll be a no then. It's the people who aren't even watching him that makes me laugh. Come back to me when you have seen him play for Norwich and we can talk then maybe. 😉

Edited by 2426255

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

It's only pointless because you don't like it, he made no impact, got injured and was sent to the lower division where he struggled to get on the pitch. It was a far more underwhelming loan season than Gilmours, and it had no impact on his future career.

Make an impact from 3 games? Just absolute nonsense from you yet again. Why don't you look at a more realistic comparison where a player has actually had some game time? I will give you a few from Gilmours own club:

Mount - Chelsea to Vitesse and Derby

Lakaku - Chelsea to West Brom

Ake - Chelsea to Watford

How did thy all get on? Well they all won Player of the Year on their loan spell. You can check that one.

Will he be returned to Chelsea? I hope not - I think that would be a failure for him and a waste of time ultimately.

Gilmour has played the last 8 consecutive games and 98.2% of available minutes within that since Dean Smith replaced Farke which is good. At this point I'd like to see him build upon his performance against Palace and in the second half of the season start showing that he is able to really improve Norwich City as a team which I don't think he has done so far.

Let's just say he has had the first half of the season to bed in and see him really come on to a game in the second half of the season. It's a good challenge for him - I'm sure it's really tough but he picked that challenge and it's not the time to give up even though it has been made substantially harder by the hype created by fans and media.

First of all I want him to perform. How you make it in our team is by pure performance. If you decide to go on loan it is as simple as that. I don’t think it’s harsh, you need to perform. You need to be on the pitch, to be the top player no matter where you go, if you want to make it back here and improve your status.

Thomas Tuchel

That's what he needs to prove: That Norwich is a better team with him in it

Thomas Tuchel, 

https://youtu.be/CaaqbO1EK3M?t=565

Edited by 2426255

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

image.thumb.png.d25448c57f83b73240a5274b64036d09.png

Is that you Satoshi? 😊

Nope.

2 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Make an impact from 3 games? Just absolute nonsense from you yet again. Why don't you look at a more realistic comparison where a player has actually had some game time? I will give you a few from Gilmours own club:

Mount - Chelsea to Vitesse and Derby

Lakaku - Chelsea to West Brom

Ake - Chelsea to Watford

How did thy all get on? Well they all won Player of the Year on their loan spell. You can check that one.

You really dislike the Kane example, and I can see why. It's almost as if unproductive loan spells early in your career are not terminal. You said he was signed as backup to the mighty Dave Nugent and you're probably right, Kane wasn't all that special at that age. Gilmour already has a much higher reputation in the game. 

Also when you talk realistic examples, Chelsea have about 40 players on loan each season and you have picked three. Mount couldn't get a Premier League club so went to the Championship. The other two couldn't break into the Chelsea team and were sold. Lukakue and Ake did have very impressive loan spells, and it didn't really help their Chelsea careers.

But let's look at some other loanees. Ruben Loftus Cheek had a disastrous spell at Fulham (check the articles on it), he is playing in the Chelsea first team this year. Or take Barkley who started well at Villa then his form fell off a cliff, he is playing for Chelsea this year. Gallagher had an uneventful loan spell at West Brom and is now doing much better with Crytsal Palace. Gilmour absolutely was (and probably still is) ahead of all three of these players in the Chelsea hierachy. There are rumous Chelsea will sell Gallagher and I can see why, he doesn't really fit in with their style of play. Never seen anything to suggest they would sell Gilmour, he's too valuable to them.

As for your thing about POTY - I haven't checked it, I now just assume it's false.

The real reason Gilmour won't go to the Championship on loan, as some people are desperate for, is that Chelsea won't (or even can't) recall him if he is getting regular playing time. Norwich won't terminate the loan because he is starting every game and they don't have any better waiting in the wings. Smith knows this, thicko Norwich fans don't but they find it easier to attack a 20 year old than the rest of their senior pros.

The posters criticisng Gilmour hate a Scottish player being successful or being praised, they absolutely must bring him down at every opportunity. What a strange country we live in.

Gilmour will make millions as a footballer, and I'm fairly certain he will play regularly in a top 5 European League. He may go much further than that. He's getting dogs abuse from a small minority of Norwich fans and plenty of self hating Scots online - and I'm sure it doesn't really bother, he seems incredibly mature for his age.

Every Norwich game, despite being in a shit team, he isn't hiding and is always showing for the ball. This loan spell is already teaching him plenty about resilience and being under the cosh, it will serve him really well for the rest of his career.

28 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Nope.

You really dislike the Kane example, and I can see why. It's almost as if unproductive loan spells early in your career are not terminal. You said he was signed as backup to the mighty Dave Nugent and you're probably right, Kane wasn't all that special at that age. Gilmour already has a much higher reputation in the game. 

Also when you talk realistic examples, Chelsea have about 40 players on loan each season and you have picked three. Mount couldn't get a Premier League club so went to the Championship. The other two couldn't break into the Chelsea team and were sold. Lukakue and Ake did have very impressive loan spells, and it didn't really help their Chelsea careers.

But let's look at some other loanees. Ruben Loftus Cheek had a disastrous spell at Fulham (check the articles on it), he is playing in the Chelsea first team this year. Or take Barkley who started well at Villa then his form fell off a cliff, he is playing for Chelsea this year. Gallagher had an uneventful loan spell at West Brom and is now doing much better with Crytsal Palace. Gilmour absolutely was (and probably still is) ahead of all three of these players in the Chelsea hierachy. There are rumous Chelsea will sell Gallagher and I can see why, he doesn't really fit in with their style of play. Never seen anything to suggest they would sell Gilmour, he's too valuable to them.

As for your thing about POTY - I haven't checked it, I now just assume it's false.

The real reason Gilmour won't go to the Championship on loan, as some people are desperate for, is that Chelsea won't (or even can't) recall him if he is getting regular playing time. Norwich won't terminate the loan because he is starting every game and they don't have any better waiting in the wings. Smith knows this, thicko Norwich fans don't but they find it easier to attack a 20 year old than the rest of their senior pros.

The posters criticisng Gilmour hate a Scottish player being successful or being praised, they absolutely must bring him down at every opportunity. What a strange country we live in.

Gilmour will make millions as a footballer, and I'm fairly certain he will play regularly in a top 5 European League. He may go much further than that. He's getting dogs abuse from a small minority of Norwich fans and plenty of self hating Scots online - and I'm sure it doesn't really bother, he seems incredibly mature for his age.

Every Norwich game, despite being in a shit team, he isn't hiding and is always showing for the ball. This loan spell is already teaching him plenty about resilience and being under the cosh, it will serve him really well for the rest of his career.

Satoshi, A players career can really catch fire at any point or their careers can fall off a cliff for no known reason. Current performance isn't a particularly good indicator of future performance. All we can say at the moment is that he isn't performing to the standards expected of him in the present at his current club, perhaps expectations are inflated which isn't his fault and perhaps the best thing to come out of this loan spell would be a recalibration of where he's at. 

We are just repeating history with the long list of wonderkids that have been the next big thing that can't and don't live up to the unrealistic expectations. The hype is a big problem for him and is the cause of the negativity directed his way.

16 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Satoshi, A players career can really catch fire at any point or their careers can fall off a cliff for no known reason. Current performance isn't a particularly good indicator of future performance. All we can say at the moment is that he isn't performing to the standards expected of him in the present at his current club, perhaps expectations are inflated which isn't his fault and perhaps the best thing to come out of this loan spell would be a recalibration of where he's at. 

We are just repeating history with the long list of wonderkids that have been the next big thing that can't and don't live up to the unrealistic expectations. The hype is a big problem for him and is the cause of the negativity directed his way.

I don't think he is performing particularly poorly, he is in a team which clearly isn't good enough for the division it is playing in and it's hard for a player (especially the type of player he is) to thrive in that system.

Still, he is statstically performing well and was even highlighted on MOTD for his contribution a few weeks ago.

He is 100% learning and improving his physical and mental game at Norwich, that's the whole point.

Will he make it to the very top? Maybe, maybe not. It might be too early to say. If I was a betting man I would happily put thousands of pounds on him making more than >100 apperances in Europes top 5 leagues during his career, but I'm happy to make a charity bet with anyone who disagrees? Name your figure.

24 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I don't think he is performing particularly poorly, he is in a team which clearly isn't good enough for the division it is playing in and it's hard for a player (especially the type of player he is) to thrive in that system.

Still, he is statstically performing well and was even highlighted on MOTD for his contribution a few weeks ago.

He is 100% learning and improving his physical and mental game at Norwich, that's the whole point.

Will he make it to the very top? Maybe, maybe not. It might be too early to say. If I was a betting man I would happily put thousands of pounds on him making more than >100 apperances in Europes top 5 leagues during his career, but I'm happy to make a charity bet with anyone who disagrees? Name your figure.

I think he can make 100+ appearances in the top 5 leagues, but that wouldn't really match the hype around him which has gone overboard. At the end of the day we can only really tell at the end of his career, but just now? the hype and tribalism is working against him. Presently there are a couple of Scottish people causing havoc on the Norwich City forums which will only encourage more people to get on his back in the next match against Leicester. 

I thought this post was short and simple and summed it up from a Norwich perspective.

image.thumb.png.403b207dfd5f39f1e16b2c3e81fa3876.png

Edited by 2426255