Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Gilmour will probably have a new manager at Norwich soon anyway, so I think it's a bit too early to say it was a mistake for him to go there. 

Farke has done an excellent job in the Championship with them and I can understand them giving him time because of that credit in the bank, but he hasn't been able to cut it in the Premier League twice now (although, to be honest, the first time around he had no chance anyway) and his time there is probably reaching a natural conclusion now unless he turns it around very quickly. 

Full Quote:

"I love Billy in general, I always loved him. It was a big factor. Even maybe he wasn’t in the full spotlight in the half season. He decided to go to get some minutes, it is important. 

"First of all I want him to perform. How you make it in our team is by pure performance. If you decide to go on loan it is as simple as that. I don’t think it’s harsh, you need to perform. You need to be on the pitch, to be the top player no matter where you go, if you want to make it back here and improve your status. He is our player, we love Billy and are very aware of what he can do but changing a club is always a huge risk. It can also seem positive. 

"He needs to overcome adversity and now is not the time to think about coming back. It is time to fight for his place and show what he can do. We trust him and he can play a role. 

"Of course, nobody is obliged to let our players play but no coach in the world will leave the best players out so that’s what he needs to prove, that Norwich is a better team with him. I trust he can do it and hopefully he does not lose this trust in himself and can turn things around again."

Thomas Tuchel on Billy Gilmour

https://youtu.be/uoETEvpOsTI?t=568

Edited by 2426255

A Scotland fans perspective on Norwich and Gilmour: 

• If Gilmour doesn't play and Norwich get relegated it will be because they didn't use Gilmour.
  • If Gilmour does play and Norwich get relegated it will be because they didn't use Gilmour correctly.
  • If Gilmour does play and Norwich stay up it will be because they used Gilmour.
  • If Gilmour doesn't play and Norwich stay up then they could have achieved more than just survival.

It's some level of bias, not surprising though 🤷‍♂️😅

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Right well, regardless of the intent from Meldrew that thread isn't filled with Norwich fans desperate for Gilmour to be in the Norwich team. If he is so good then why is that? That's my question. Why has Farke dropped him? why has Tuchel told him to earn his place back? 

Look beyond your personal bias. It's worse with the guys from Ayrshire because he was raised in Ardrossan no doubt see him as one of their own. As if I'm slagging of their own son - eez-eh, No Problemo i'm looking at you two. 😄

I have absolutely no extra interest or feel no connection to Gilmour because he was raised in Ardrossan, you utter clown 😂

38 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

A Scotland fans perspective on Norwich and Gilmour:

The perspective of a contrary lonely internet poster in demand of attention:

• If Gilmour doesn't play and Norwich get relegated it will be because Gilmour is shite.
  • If Gilmour does play and Norwich get relegated it will be because Gilmour is shite.
  • If Gilmour does play and Norwich stay up it will be inspite of the fact that Gilmour is shite.
  • If Gilmour doesn't play and Norwich stay up then its because Gilmour is shite

It's some level of bias, not surprising though 🤷‍♂️😅

^^^

Edited by KingRocketman II

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have absolutely no extra interest or feel no connection to Gilmour because he was raised in Ardrossan, you utter clown 😂

Then how come you have such a biased viewpoint? and why do you so passionately defend him like he's you're own son? 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Gilmour will probably have a new manager at Norwich soon anyway, so I think it's a bit too early to say it was a mistake for him to go there. 

Farke has done an excellent job in the Championship with them and I can understand them giving him time because of that credit in the bank, but he hasn't been able to cut it in the Premier League twice now (although, to be honest, the first time around he had no chance anyway) and his time there is probably reaching a natural conclusion now unless he turns it around very quickly. 

My son in law is a Norwich fan. Told him at the start of the season this would happen. He did have credit in the bank but boos already at Carrow Road.

On 24/10/2021 at 13:44, 2426255 said:

I don't think he's shite. he's a pretty good player with potential but is stuggling to get in the Norwich City team.

this is the type of laser sharp pinned to the wall analysis that brings me back to this forum for more. 

I also believe he is struggling to get into the Norwich team. 

the v simple question that requires a v simple response is do you consider Gilmour good enough, based on what you have seen, to hold down a starting slot for an English Premiership team? I believe he is. What do you think? 

18 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

do you consider Gilmour good enough, based on what you have seen, to hold down a starting slot for an English Premiership team?

I hope he will in the future. Currently? I don't know is the simple answer. I suppose some might say the best available evidence indicates he isn't quite ready as he hasn't held down a starting slot at Chelsea or Norwich. 

Edited by 2426255

5 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I hope he will in the future. Currently? I don't know is the simple answer. I suppose some might say the best available evidence indicates he isn't quite ready as he hasn't held down a starting slot at Chelsea or Norwich. 

If after watching a player perform over say half a dozen games, some of which are at international level, and you then can't make an assessment of his ability and what level he should be playing at, then I don't really think this is the sport for you. 

If after watching a player perform over say half a dozen games, some of which are at international level, and you then can't make an assessment of his ability and what level he should be playing at, then I don't really think this is the sport for you. 

Some folk enjoy watching sport for the sake of it, rather than assessing the quality of the athletes. Your post comes across as quite rude.

13 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Kilbirnie 🤔. I've noticed a number of posters on here from Ayrshire who are so defensive of Gilmour, I think there is a strong case for bias here: you think he's one of your own because Gilmour is from Ayrshire and it's stopping you seeing things objectively. Sort your bias out, then come back to me. 🤫😉

Edited by 2426255

6 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Kilbirnie 🤔. I've noticed a number of posters on here from Ayrshire who are so defensive of Gilmour, I think there is a strong case for bias here: you think he's one of your own because Gilmour is from Ayrshire and it's stopping you seeing things objectively. Sort your bias out, then come back to me. 🤫😉

Come back and pontificate and be contrary for the sake of it, when you are able to assess for yourself the standard of a player 🤣

(And anyone who argues with your bizarre assessment of Gilmour is bias. No other obvious reason - Jesus 🤣)