Billy Gilmour

Kuro

I know this is a wild take, but, Billy Gilmour needs to go to a struggling Spanish team on loan in January. The bigger teams there will bite Chelseas hand off in the summer after watching him in La Liga & we will have the benefit for years to come.

29 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Performances against England do though. If he wants to stick to Kenny McLean and two faceless regens in there instead then that's up to him and he can enjoy his relegation.

Well he had his chance and it wasn't working so he was dropped. 🤷‍♂️ What's the big deal? It's up to him to regain his place and back up the hype. I don't see many Norwich City fans desperate for him to be back in their team.

I have liked the look of Mathias Normann from what little I've seen so I wouldn't say he is just some faceless regen.

Edited by 2426255

Farke using the hype in Scotland as an excuse not to play Gilmour is absolutely laughable - there is and he has ran the show in the majority of his Scotland performances despite this.

By playing McLean over Gilmour he is outing himself as an absolute fraud, as well as a complete and utter fucking moron. 

Loan could be terminated after Farke apparently saying Norwich aren't here to develop players for other clubs.
1. Why sign him in the first place?
2. He's already developed to a stage where he's better than the other midfielders in their pish squad.

He just needs to leave pronto, it’s clear Farke doesn’t rate him for whatever reason. He went to Norwich because he couldn’t get a game at Chelsea, and now he can’t get a game at Norwich.
He needs to find a team that will play him.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Gilmour did eventually manage to establish himself in the Norwich team - he's clearly a very good footballer.

I would imagine that him being left out in recent weeks is more a case of Farke being spooked by their start to the season and picking the midfield he perceives as the most physical and capable of shutting down a game (and hence able to grind out a couple of goalless draws after a run of losses). 

7 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I know this is a wild take, but, Billy Gilmour needs to go to a struggling Spanish team on loan in January. The bigger teams there will bite Chelseas hand off in the summer after watching him in La Liga & we will have the benefit for years to come.

They’d need to have wanted to bring him in of course but if it had to be an EPL club I keep thinking Gilmour might’ve been better off joining Leeds. Not had the best of starts either but they are a team that try to play attacking football and Bielsa is a massive upgrade on Farke. 

8 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

It's a thing a lot of our promising youngster need to do I reckon. Go to another league. Learn something different.
Folk will shoot it down but I think there can be something in it.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

Absolutely convinced that Norwich city don’t give a f**k about building on promotion when they come up.

Why would you bother?

Sink £100m in every Summer to finish 15th, or get relegated, be involved in a title race every 2/3 years, and the mega-parachute payments from your relegation means you turn a profit anyway.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would you bother?

Sink £100m in every Summer to finish 15th, or get relegated, be involved in a title race every 2/3 years, and the mega-parachute payments from your relegation means you turn a profit anyway.

You could change your style of play to not get smashed every week 

Burnley have managed to stay in the division for years 

Bit of an overreaction, he had a knock which prevented him starting against Burnley the Farke didn't want to change a team who delivered their best result of the season.

If he stays at Norwich he will play plenty of minutes. If he goes back he will have plenty of suitors in the big five leagues around Europe. If he goes back to Chelsea he will be comfortably ahead of RLC and Ross Barkley - two English internationals getting minutes but who couldn't even find loans this year.

Mason Mount at a similar age had to go to the Championship on loan. Norwich was one of Harry Kane's several disappointing loan spells.

As much as some Scotland fans seem desperate to stick the boot in, being on the bench for Norwich for a short period is and will be an irrelevant footnote in Gilmours career. You'll get long odds on anyone else in that Norwich team having a better career than him.

Pink un, a Norwich City podcast suggest that since the Watford defeat that Norwich have changed their focus to become harder to beat and that has coincided with a change in formation, a change in personnel and Billy Gilmour losing his place in the team.

32:18 - 43:10 - Analysis of the Billy Gilmour situation from a Norwich City perspective.

Summary

• The Norwich fans don't rate the quality of opposition Scotland are playing.
  • Norwich fan expectations were through the roof because of the hype surrounding Billy Gilmour.
  • While acknowledging Gilmours qualities, a consensus has formed that Kenny McLean has preferable qualities for a relegation battle (also note it's really Mathias Normann who has taken his place who was signed late in the transfer window).
  • Gilmour won't be eligible to play against Chelsea meaning he won't have played for Norwich in over 1 month. 
Edited by 2426255

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Imagine putting this amount of effort in emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Aww haha - you're original aren't you? Do we not like effort on here? It's not cool to be informed before making a post is it? You must be too cool for that, cheers mate. :lol: On the plus side it means my arguments are balanced, not biased and shows why most people on here post the crap they do and why you get opinions such as this: 

21 hours ago, eez-eh said:

They could also just try playing him instead of the vastly inferior McLean.

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

f**k Norwich. Billy is the boy 

18 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Farke using the hype in Scotland as an excuse not to play Gilmour is absolutely laughable - there is and he has ran the show in the majority of his Scotland performances despite this.

By playing McLean over Gilmour he is outing himself as an absolute fraud, as well as a complete and utter fucking moron. 

Edited by 2426255

45 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It isn’t biased to claim that Kenny McLean is completely inferior to Billy Gilmour, you utter fucking clown. 

It's similar to with Ryan Gauld. People ignore the evidence in favor of their own already formed viewpoint. This post is a good example of that. If we start with the assumption that Billy Gilmour is un-droppable then the only possible answer would be that manager is incompetent for dropping him. If we for a second consider him not to be un-droppable we can actually look for the reasons why Kenny McLean plays in the Norwich team and Gilmour doesn't.