Billy Gilmour

Kuro

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s been your raison d’etre since you signed up to this website.

If you look on the match thread from before the Israel game you will find several people saying they’d prefer McGregor in the midfield instead of McTominay. I don’t know why you think you saying this is some sort of groundbreaking insight.

I think lots of people want to see McTominay in midfield and Hendry in defence particularly as Hendry plays more champions league matches so when will that question go away? It will go away when Gilmour can defend or McTominay can play on the left or we play four midfielders. I said in September that it took away the problem during the september round of games when McTominay was injured.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Consider why Billy Gilmour being limited defensively would affect team selection. If we want Tierney and Robertson attacking down the left how would that work if we had a midfield of McTominay, Gilmour and McGinn for example? When Gilmour plays in the middle or right of midfield he has the freedom to attack and control the game because McTominay or Hendry don't attack in the same way as Tierney and Robertson do. 

To form the midfield without McGregor we would have to switch McTominay to the left or put Gilmour on the left where question marks have to be asked if he could be as good defensively as McGregor. So it's not a point that should be discarded just because you don't want to hear a bad word said about Billy Gilmour.

This forum is full of blinkered, biased idiots.

You're a halfwit wee man

I think lots of people want to see McTominay in midfield and Hendry in defence particularly as Hendry plays more champions league matches so when will that question go away? It will go away when Gilmour can defend or McTominay can play on the left or we play four midfielders. I said in September that it took away the problem during the september round of games when McTominay was injured.

The way we're going, these questions will always arise. Hickey's a really exciting prospect but there's no room for him, there's every chance we have another Robertson/Tierney debate in a couple of years time with Patterson and Ramsay, Christie and Armstrong could be playing in the Premier League without making our best team, and say Porteous or Souttar have a proper breakout season then folk will want them in ahead of Premier League CBs or Champions League players.

These questions, while fun, are best ignored if the team is functioning well - which it is.

45 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I wasn't trying to provide a critique of him in the whole game, I was trying to point out a weakness.  I'm not giving a criticism sandwiched between two compliments just because you can't take a strong or controversial view. I didn't say it was his fault or that he isn't young and learning the game just said he got done by Dor Peretz in the lead up to their 2nd goal.

It’s not a case of not being able to take a strong or controversial view though, it’s literally just a case of people pointing out you are focussing on the negatives (while you claim they are focussing on the positives).

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The way we're going, these questions will always arise. Hickey's a really exciting prospect but there's no room for him, there's every chance we have another Robertson/Tierney debate in a couple of years time with Patterson and Ramsay, Christie and Armstrong could be playing in the Premier League without making our best team, and say Porteous or Souttar have a proper breakout season then folk will want them in ahead of Premier League CBs or Champions League players.

These questions, while fun, are best ignored if the team is functioning well - which it is.

I just thought it was worth mentioning because it's a problem that is topic of the day - relevant to the team right now. It's only become so apparent this month as all the players are back.

Just now, AJF said:

It’s not a case of not being able to take a strong or controversial view though, it’s literally just a case of people pointing out you are focussing on the negatives (while you claim they are focussing on the positives).

I am focusing on the negatives, I probably wouldn't post if someone else had mentioned it already. Everyone on here mentions the positives which is why I don't bother.

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Consider why Billy Gilmour being limited defensively would affect team selection. If we want Tierney and Robertson attacking down the left how would that work if we had a midfield of McTominay, Gilmour and McGinn for example? When Gilmour plays in the middle or right of midfield he has the freedom to attack and control the game because McTominay or Hendry don't attack in the same way as Tierney and Robertson do. 

To form the midfield without McGregor we would have to switch McTominay to the left or put Gilmour on the left where question marks have to be asked if he could be as good defensively as McGregor. So it's not a point that should be discarded just because you don't want to hear a bad word said about Billy Gilmour.

This forum is full of blinkered, biased idiots.

Looks like SSC is discarding your point mate.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, eez-eh said:
If you look on the match thread from before the Israel game you will find several people saying they’d prefer McGregor in the midfield instead of McTominay. I don’t know why you think you saying this is some sort of groundbreaking insight.

Its Pep, isnt it?

Was just about to post that when I seen this. 100%. I hope he’s allowed to stay.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Its Pep, isnt it?

It definitely isn't. At least the dearly departed Pep brought some entertainment and whose trolling and derailing had some skill about it. The apparent vandetta with Bing does seem to be a bit Pep-esque, but there's a complete lack of outrageous calls or obsessions with certain players. I think we're dealing with a new player (who many of us have on ignore by dint of his being boring as f**k).

Just now, velo army said:

It definitely isn't. At least the dearly departed Pep brought some entertainment and whose trolling and derailing had some skill about it. The apparent vandetta with Bing does seem to be a bit Pep-esque, but there's a complete lack of outrageous calls or obsessions with certain players. I think we're dealing with a new player (who many of us have on ignore by dint of his being boring as f**k).

No its not pep, me and him disagreed plenty of times. But he didn't then follow me for months tagging onto every post.

And as you say, pep talked some s****e but he was actually most of the time quite humorous. I didn't mind pep at all really.

Also he was Billy gilmours biggest fan.

This is that Baptiste borg something who was papped a while ago for sure.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I think you’re being hasty. Give it time. Once the EPL fixtures start coming thick and fast over the festive period it’ll become apparent. Pep knows people who know Ronaldo.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

No its not pep, me and him disagreed plenty of times. But he didn't then follow me for months tagging onto every post.

And as you say, pep talked some s****e but he was actually most of the time quite humorous. I didn't mind pep at all really.

Also he was Billy gilmours biggest fan.

This is that Baptiste borg something who was pepped a while ago for sure.

FTFY