Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Aye, only 1 outfield player in his 30s (just) - Cooper.

Quite overlooked how Clarke has established such a youthful (compared to Scotland squads as far back as I can remember) squad. Much better than begging the likes of Snodgrass, Fletcher, McArthur etc to come back.
Yet it still feels quite experienced unlike McLeish's squads (not necessarily his fault).

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I thought McGinn was a year older than he is too. He's had some career already.

I think@craigkillie was talking recently about how we've got a good few players who should get more caps than Scotland players have tended to recently. Hopefully the goals column gets beefed up too.

Even stuff like being in the playoffs and then the Euros has probably given several of our players 7 more caps than they would otherwise have. Lyndon Dykes will probably get his 20th cap against the Faroes - he only made his debut 13 months ago. Wouldn't be surprised if, by this time next year, we have one of the most experienced teams we've ever had in terms of caps.

Even stuff like being in the playoffs and then the Euros has probably given several of our players 7 more caps than they would otherwise have. Lyndon Dykes will probably get his 20th cap against the Faroes - he only made his debut 13 months ago. Wouldn't be surprised if, by this time next year, we have one of the most experienced teams we've ever had in terms of caps.
Things were a bit of a mess in his first few months in charge, but Clarke's managed the squad and team well since then in terms of sticking with good players through sticky spells while making sensible additions. Dykes, McGregor, McGinn, McTominay and Hendry have all struggled at points under Clarke but he's either stuck with them or found solutions and now they're important players. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens with Christie soon and McKenna further down the line, although the latter hasn't really played much of late.

Yet it still feels quite experienced unlike McLeish's squads (not necessarily his fault).
Yeah I mentioned a few days ago that the squad feels seasoned/mature. Definitely feels settled, which has helped a lot.
I guess it's more than just numbers of caps too - these guys have now been through a fair number of high pressure ties together - the playoffs, the pens, an actual tournament! That's invaluable experience.
We're miles from perfect but it's a great time to be following us.

10 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Did anyone else notice he got done a bit in the lead up to the second goal where Dor Peretz swatted him aside in midfield just before Scott McTominay upended Manor Solomon for the freekick that led to Israel's second goal. 

Nah no one did. 

2 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Norwich bottom of the league without a win after 7 games and Gilmour has featured once in the last 4 games. Nuts. Wouldn't be surprised if chelsea move him to another team in january if he doesn't get more game time. 

And Kenny McLean has played the full 90 in each of those games 🤨

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're the most negative guy on these boards, give it a rest for day eh.

Eh? no thanks. It's worth pointing it out in my view. It certainly would be getting pointed out if we dropped points same with Craig Gordons "positioning" for the free kick. All the knives would be out. I'm just more balanced in victory and defeat whereas you will ignore what was bad in victory and focus on the bad in defeat.

Stope being a baby and leave me to post what I want and if the admins don't like it then they can tell me to do one - not you.

Edited by 2426255

I think it’s worth remembering that this numbers p***k was agreeing with someone that we should be playing David Turnbull ahead of Billy Gilmour pretty recently.

On that basis, I think all their opinions can be safely ignored. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

12 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Eh? no thanks. It's worth pointing it out in my view. It certainly would be getting pointed out if we dropped points same with Craig Gordons "positioning" for the free kick. All the knives would be out. I'm just more balanced in victory and defeat whereas you will ignore what was bad in victory and focus on the bad in defeat.

Stope being a baby and leave me to post what I want and if the admins don't like it then they can tell me to do one - not you.

You've made two posts on Billy Gilmours performance on Saturday, your first one was to say that Gilmour didn't do enough in the lead up to the second goal and your second was a video of that passage of play. A really balanced view you've put across there then. If you'd read any of my comments on the match you'd realise I acknowledged the bad but focussed on the good, as I'm a positive guy that actually likes seeing my country do well. 

Leave you alone? :lol: It's a football forum mate, if you don't want your opinions challenged maybe you should start a blog or something. 

35 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

What are you on about? 

I, for one, respect your commitment to all this. 

Oh can you post a clip of Gilmours tackle on Solomon. I watched the highlights to see it again and I dont they even showed it. 

Edited by Stoo61

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think it’s worth remembering that this numbers p***k was agreeing with someone that we should be playing David Turnbull ahead of Billy Gilmour pretty recently.

On that basis, I think all their opinions can be safely ignored. 

Never said that, if you're so sure I said that then quote me.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You've made two posts on Billy Gilmours performance on Saturday, your first one was to say that Gilmour didn't do enough in the lead up to the second goal and your second was a video of that passage of play. A really balanced view you've put across there then. If you'd read any of my comments on the match you'd realise I acknowledged the bad but focussed on the good, as I'm a positive guy that actually likes seeing my country do well. 

Leave you alone? :lol: It's a football forum mate, if you don't want your opinions challenged maybe you should start a blog or something. 

Well it's balancing out all your positive spin, no? I haven't been reading every comment unfortunately. The reaction would be different generally if Scotland hadn't won - no point denying it. Fair enough you challenge my opinions I welcome it, but don't expect me to stop posting controversial viewpoints.