Billy Gilmour

Kuro

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
17 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah it was but would they not still have been close contacts? Hopefully, as craigkillie said, England's rules come in handy. Tbh I don't know the isolation/close contacts rules in Spain, England or even Scotland atm.

Same. What's the difference between Scotland's rules and England's? cc: @craigkillie

What a fúcking blow. 

Nightmare man, no offence to them but how could it not have been someone like Liam Cooper, or McLaughlin. 

We really are hilarious. Portugal and Holland had two players out pre-tournament with Covid. 

Also, to go full yer Da - is our medical team not as professional as others? 

"No close contacts," so I'm guessing it must have happened over the weekend? I think they had a free day on Saturday.

Edited by Kejan

Scotland's instagram page has removed the table tennis videos from last night. [emoji23]

For goodness sake. So they’ve had a day off on Saturday, Gilmours caught it then, came back to the camp and played table tennis with the team last night and tested positive today?

1 minute ago, Lex said:

For goodness sake. So they’ve had a day off on Saturday, Gilmours caught it then, came back to the camp and played table tennis with the team last night and tested positive today?

Nah that's pish, it takes at least 8 days from exposure to a positive test. You don't get it yesterday and test positive today, it takes a little while to intubate in your system. 

Nah that's pish, it takes at least 8 days from exposure to a positive test. You don't get it yesterday and test positive today, it takes a little while to intubate in your system. 

That’s even worse news. So all his close contacts going back at least a week have to isolate?

Just now, Lex said:

That’s even worse news. So they have to test all his close contacts going back at least a week?

No cause you're not infectious for the first 8 days or so. I assume the players are getting tested every day, so he was presumably negative yesterday and then positive today. 

Just now, starryfish said:

Possibly he caught it after returning from the training camp?  Players were all given a couple of days off to spend time with families etc, 

I don't think so. I work in a Covid Test Centre just now, not an expert but they give us a bit of training obviously. You can't catch it over the weekend and test positive Monday morning, if you tested positive today you typically caught it 7-14 days ago, but aren't infectious for the first 8 days or so.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I don't think so. I work in a Covid Test Centre just now, not an expert but they give us a bit of training obviously. You can't catch it over the weekend and test positive Monday morning, if you tested positive today you typically caught it 7-14 days ago, but aren't infectious for the first 8 days or so.

He's meaning the training camp before the tournament - they all had two days off on 7-8 June.