Billy Gilmour

Kuro

If McLean's out then he has to be in. Obviously we don't know if he's just really upped it in training recently but it's a shame that it's taken him so long to get a shot in the PL as he would be nailed on for the Euros if he got a few games earlier (even if they weren't all starts). 

6 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Just strolled it against the best team in thr Europe. To me he should clearly be in the squad at an absolute minimum. 

Still though, there's probably some jobber down in the Championship that's played 40 games this season against the "Preston North End" and "Rotherham United"s of this world who's experience we're definitely in need of instead. 

You could make the case for him not making the squad if everyone was fit (even if I disagree with it) but he should clearly be next in line now. 

Would be amazed if he wasn’t in the squad. Clearly a huge talent who already has more experience at the top level than most of our squad.

3 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Just strolled it against the best team in thr Europe. To me he should clearly be in the squad at an absolute minimum. 

Still though, there's probably some jobber down in the Championship that's played 40 games this season against the "Preston North End" and "Rotherham United"s of this world who's experience we're definitely in need of instead. 

Steven McLean you mean

So frustrating as he is on cusp of playing in a eurpean cup final but McLean, fleck will be preferred

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

If McLean's out then he has to be in. Obviously we don't know if he's just really upped it in training recently but it's a shame that it's taken him so long to get a shot in the PL as he would be nailed on for the Euros if he got a few games earlier (even if they weren't all starts). 

It's just fixture schedule that's got his chance but still showing enough character to get in squad for me

4 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Pretty soft but I actually like when stuff like that happens. Its all a learning experience for a young player, that's part of it. Got away with it too when it was missed.

I do think he might be better in a different team long term though, Chelsea don't suit his game now. Strolled it apart from that though, would say he's the best passer of a ball on the park and technically as good as anyone else out there too.

What penalty isn't soft nowadays

Looking at Gilmours lack of game time is a lazy justification for not having him there. Looking at where his talents lie, and where we are short, someone who isn't terrified of the ball should absolutely join a squad that has started every recent match like the ball is covered in burning acid

I sympathise with people who say that experience should factor into squad selections.

However, there's also a very strong argument that the best thing for Scotland is to just play our best players. Talent trumps experience. This kid can play, so lets get him in. Very excited to watch him in this Scotland team for the next 15 years.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Looking at Gilmours lack of game time is a lazy justification for not having him there. Looking at where his talents lie, and where we are short, someone who isn't terrified of the ball should absolutely join a squad that has started every recent match like the ball is covered in burning acid

Looking at his performance second half today his lack of game time is baffling

Tuchel has fucked up, should have been rotating him in well before now

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

I sympathise with people who say that experience should factor into squad selections.

However, there's also a very strong argument that the best thing for Scotland is to just play our best players. Talent trumps experience. This kid can play, so lets get him in. Very excited to watch him in this Scotland team for the next 15 years.

Aye, the special ones adapt very quickly. Same with Patterson, he would adjust to international football within ten minutes. Other players might take three years, I'm looking at you Stephen O'Donnell.  And he'll never quite have it anyway.

I'd have Patterson in too but no chance for him.

Aye, the special ones adapt very quickly. Same with Patterson, he would adjust to international football within ten minutes. Other players might take three years, I'm looking at you Stephen O'Donnell.  And he'll never quite have it anyway.
I'd have Patterson in too but no chance for him.
The 26 man squad, plus injuries, might just open the door for him.