Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Apparently a former manager of a baseball team disagrees, so you must be wrong.
Okay, I'll spell this out for you as you seem more focused on misguided sarcasm than logic.

1. Not all leagues are the same, so some will of course be more technical/physical/fast paced/etc. than others.

2. Nobody actually measures these things (mainly because attributes like "technical" is just as difficult to define as it is to measure). So nobody really knows for sure which leagues really are better/worse for this.

3. Because of this people rely on stereotypes and say things like the Italian league will always be tough. Always!

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

Okay, I'll spell this out for you as you seem more focused on misguided sarcasm than logic.

1. Not all leagues are the same, so some will of course be more technical/physical/fast paced/etc. than others.

2. Nobody actually measures these things (mainly because attributes like "technical" is just as difficult to define as it is to measure). So nobody really knows for sure which leagues really are better/worse for this.

3. Because of this people rely on stereotypes and say things like the Italian league will always be tough. Always!

What on earth are you going on about?

I think though, that if a manager like Tuchel comes in and tells you he wants you to stay at the club and that you’re in his plans, you can’t blame Gilmour for staying the half-season and trying to get into the team. 

If he doesn’t get many chances before the end of the season he’d be best going on loan to a decent league and try to get into a team and get game time.

Edited by Jambomo

In defence of Tuchel, he doesn’t have time to experiment (though in the majority of Gilmour’s performances he’s looked at home and easily one of the best on the park).

The positive aspect of not getting on the pitch last night is that every single player in that Chelsea squad is an international, and quite a number would have a good shout at playing for any team in the world. It’s no great shame to not having broken into a Tuchel XI/XVI.

Going on loan did wonders for Abraham, Kane,  Alli, and a myriad of other England internationals (as well as many at Chelsea who have done just fine despite not making it in London). It’s a shame he didn’t go out on loan last month, but it’s not a huge problem - yet.

10 hours ago, ahemps said:

Will Kante not just come straight in??? 

Aye, he'll be right in there but Gilmour is next up in the pecking order for centre mid. Tuchel sometimes puts an extra man in midfield when he is trying to see a game out.

I disagree with Babtiste but we will see when the time comes.

6 hours ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Mount and Jorginho are both suspended, but I'd still be absolutely shocked if he played at all. I think you'd need to see Kovacic, Kante and even Havertz and James all out before Tuchel even thought about throwing Gilmour in there.

That’s just rubbish. He’s clearly next in line after Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho. Tuchel even said as much.

Havertz has a very different role in that team and James has never played centre mid for Chelsea.

3 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Going on loan did wonders for Abraham, Kane,  Alli, and a myriad of other England internationals (as well as many at Chelsea who have done just fine despite not making it in London). It’s a shame he didn’t go out on loan last month, but it’s not a huge problem - yet.

Mo Salah was sent out on loan by Chelsea to Fiorentina and then Roma, and his career seems to be going alright. Gilmour is still only 19 so there's no rush.

11 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Wrong. James has played  quite a few times in midfield for Chelsea actually, funny that you'd sound so bullish on something you're completely wrong about. And Havertz literally came on on Tuesday to fill in in midfield,  one of the two midfield berths Gilmour would play.

Hi Pep.

James has literally never played centre mid for Chelsea. He did for Wigan on loan.

Havertz came on for Giroud to play in the front three. The two midfield berths were filled by Kovacic and Jorginho, then Kovacic and Kante.

Not surprised to see you talking a huge power of shite.

Fair fucks then I was wrong 😆. Can’t believe I’ve been schooled by Pep.

You’re talking about one game though. There’s no chance he plays there again before Gilmour. Their manager has even confirmed he’s fourth choice for the two spots.

And I still have no idea what Havertz has to do with anything.

I completely get why Gilmour stayed to try and break through but it’s pretty poor on Tuchel’s side to say he is in his plans, not let him go on loan and then give him very little time.

I don’t believe Tuchel won’t have done his homework before joining, so how Gilmour plays, the teams they are playing for the rest of the season, what they need in the league etc will not be a surprise to him. He would have known to some degree before coming in, if he’d feature much or not.  

Unless Gilmour is a nightmare in training or something, I just don’t get what he’s doing with him.

Edited by Jambomo

On 01/02/2021 at 11:41, The Moonster said:

Again, I think folk read too much into this stuff. How is it not good news that the Chelsea manager has been impressed by him and would rather keep him than send him out on loan?

On 01/02/2021 at 12:36, The Moonster said:

He's 19 and he's breaking into the Chelsea team, and the new manager has watched him for a week and apparently gone from "telling him he can leave" to "wants to keep him around as he's impressed". Only Scotland fans would look at that situation and think "this is a disaster". 

On 01/02/2021 at 13:17, The Moonster said:

Sorry, it was another poster who labelled it a disaster. 

He's working with great coaches and training with great players at Chelsea. I just can't agree that he's better off elsewhere when the manager clearly likes him and wants to keep him around. A gaffer who was praised for how he brought youth on at previous clubs too.

Was only a month ago the moonster was insisting we were all typical stupid scotland fans. And staying at Chelsea was obviously for the best.

They haven't aged well.

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Was only a month ago the moonster was insisting we were all typical stupid scotland fans. And staying at Chelsea was obviously for the best.

They haven't aged well.

To quote you, "it's almost as if different people have different opinions".

If you think Gilmours career is over that's fine. I think he'll be fine. 1 month of games isn't enough to prove either of us correct, but if you really want to claim the W you can have it buddy. Have a great day.

11 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I completely get why Gilmour stayed to try and break through but it’s pretty poor on Tuchel’s side to say he is in his plans, not let him go on loan and then give him very little time.

I don’t believe Tuchel won’t have done his homework before joining, so how Gilmour plays, the teams they are playing for the rest of the season, what they need in the league etc will not be a surprise to him. He would have known to some degree before coming in, if he’d feature much or not.  

Unless Gilmour is a nightmare in training or something, I just don’t get what he’s doing with him.

Whenever he has played, he's set up goals

Then immediately dropped

Obviously any hope of Scotland squad gone for summer