Billy Gilmour

Kuro

McTominay was Man Utd's best player again tonight, same against PSG last week.  Turned 24 today, really arriving as a top player now.

Gilmour will be one of Chelsea's best players quite soon.

Robertson is one of Liverpool's best players.

Tierney is one of Arsenal's best players.

Ages are 19, 23, 24 and 26 just now.

That's 40% of a decent outfield 10.

The dream has to be to one day have a starting 11 all at top clubs and all big players for them.

I'm trying to think who will be the next Scot to become a big player at a big club to maybe make that 4 a 5.  

Hickey the obvious choice but 3 or 4 years away most likely.  You never know some big club in Europe could see Dykes tearing it up for us and take a punt on him.  Or someone breaking through at another top club.  

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Wouldn't be astonished to see a pretty decent European club come in for Gallagher or Dykes if they put in another few decent performances for us.

Gallagher is 29. As well as he has done for Scotland recently I would be astonished if a pretty decent European club came in for him.

Dykes has just moved clubs, and hasn't proven anything yet in the championship.

Hopefully dykes can do well and maybe get a decent move in a few years. But a decent European team coming in for him in the near future is pie in the sky stuff.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

McTominay was Man Utd's best player again tonight, same against PSG last week.  Turned 24 today, really arriving as a top player now.

Gilmour will be one of Chelsea's best players quite soon.

Robertson is one of Liverpool's best players.

Tierney is one of Arsenal's best players.

Ages are 19, 23, 24 and 26 just now.

That's 40% of a decent outfield 10.

The dream has to be to one day have a starting 11 all at top clubs and all big players for them.

I'm trying to think who will be the next Scot to become a big player at a big club to maybe make that 4 a 5.  

Hickey the obvious choice but 3 or 4 years away most likely.  You never know some big club in Europe could see Dykes tearing it up for us and take a punt on him.  Or someone breaking through at another top club.  

John McGinn is the answer your looking for.

Probably Fleck in the squad. Jack + McGregor will be first choice until at least the Euros, but it would be good if he got a start in one of the March games.

This is obviously all on the premise that he continues being a baller.

7 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Gallagher is 29. As well as he has done for Scotland recently I would be astonished if a pretty decent European club came in for him.

Dykes has just moved clubs, and hasn't proven anything yet in the championship.

Hopefully dykes can do well and maybe get a decent move in a few years. But a decent European team coming in for him in the near future is pie in the sky stuff.

No it isn't, QPR won't be paying him a huge amount and didn't pay a massive transfer fee.  He won't go in January but if he does well internationally bigger clubs than QPR will be interested.

7 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

John McGinn is the answer your looking for.

Nah he's not good enough, if anything he's one I'd be looking to drop from the starting 11.  Decent player and good option but cost us quite badly in the last few games with just a lack of quality.  Armstrong looked much better in the little he played.

If Gilmour gets a significant number of games between now and the end of the season, I think there's very little chance he won't be in the squad for the Euros. At his best, he's arguably already the best centre mid we have. 

The only real question would then be is he a starter. If he's playing, I'd want to see him in a few games before the Euros. I'd say there's a decent chance he'll replace McGregor before then.

It's almost a shame McTominay's looking the part in the defence because the thought of a midfield of Gilmour, McTominay, and McGinn is getting me aroused.