Billy Gilmour

Kuro

17 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Marshall

Tierney McKenna Cooper Robertson

McTominay Gilmour McGregor

McGinn Armstrong

McBurnie

I wasn't sure about this narrow 4-3-3 when you first suggested it but I like that the more I look at it. It lets Robertson do the job he does for Liverpool and houses everyone other than Tierney in their best position. 

50 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I still think we should looking to have all the players turn green on Ultimate team. EA developers know their stuff and it would be foolish to line up at odds with their wisdom.

He's actually showing much more understanding than you. There are lots of different types of central midfielders and the ones listed are all very different.

I wasn't sure about this narrow 4-3-3 when you first suggested it but I like that the more I look at it. It lets Robertson do the job he does for Liverpool and houses everyone other than Tierney in their best position. 

Yeah the usual criticism of the so-called Christmas tree formation is you really need bloody good full backs/wing backs to make it work and a good lone striker who’s strong enough to hold up the ball, tall enough to get on the end of crosses and works bloody hard chasing lost causes. I think we’ve probably got all three of those positions covered. We’ll probably need one midfielder to hold back from attacking at all times and protect our defenders given their weaknesses but that’s fair enough. You’re certainly into something here. It is a shame not to play Fraser or Forrest but Fraser never turns up anyway. At least we could mix it up if required. I’d agree with the poster who wanted us starting Christie, he’s been brilliant in the games he’s played for Scotland recently.

Tierney's probably our best option at RB but I think he'd be problematic there in that system. He'd be asked to maintain the width which I'm not sure he'd be particularly good at from the right, although he's clever enough to make it work off the ball.

53 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He's actually showing much more understanding than you. There are lots of different types of central midfielders and the ones listed are all very different.

If you don't understand then I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you. Maybe read a book or something.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Tierney's probably our best option at RB but I think he'd be problematic there in that system. He'd be asked to maintain the width which I'm not sure he'd be particularly good at from the right, although he's clever enough to make it work off the ball.

I fucking hate the Robertson/Tierney dilemma. However or wherever you played with of them, it’s always going to seem like a waste of a top class left back. Such a typical Scotland thing to happen though, you’ve got to laugh.

15 minutes ago, chocolateankles said:

Nah, but if you think McBurnie as a lone striker is the answer then christ knows what the question is.

Is it: ‘What is a pish idea?’

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Agreed, that's definitely the weak point in that team - only really getting width down one side from the full backs.

22 hours ago, eez-eh said:

In fairness it looks better written down, but I’d worry we’d get overrun on our left hand side if Robertson is caught forward.

I’d rather have Christie playing as well as he’s done well cutting in from the left. McGregor would be my first to be sacrificed as I don’t think he’s been up to much in his recent caps.

Still got Fleck to factor in too. Our midfield options are crazy.

Agree with you. Marshy’s team looks decent but McGregor is crap and I’d get him right out that team.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree with you. Marshy’s team looks decent but McGregor is crap and I’d get him right out that team.

He's been the best midfielder in Scotland for the last couple of seasons.