Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Why Is anyone surprised that the SFA will bottle calling him up? Wales and the Irish even England would have him in the squad but us? No, we will pick the same old never have beens.

I am not advocating starting him against Israel but he MUST at least be in the squad to integrate him for the Nations League and World Cup Qualifiers.

Why Is anyone surprised that the SFA will bottle calling him up? Wales and the Irish even England would have him in the squad but us? No, we will pick the same old never have beens.
I am not advocating starting him against Israel but he MUST at least be in the squad to integrate him for the Nations League and World Cup Qualifiers.
The SFA don't decide the Scotland squad.

I have went full circle after the last couple of weeks, went from thinking keep him in 21s for now, to he should be in the squad, i now think he should be starting the Israel game. He absolutely bossed two games in a row and looks absolutely fearless, get him in the team. If he plays against Villa and does well then Clarke will look like a complete idiot if he doesn't select him.

Guest Moomintroll

@Carnoustie Young Guvnor, cannot believe I am saying this Pepp but you have called this one right, I suspect that Frank Lampard knows what a good midfielder looks like and he looks like the real deal. He needs to get thrown in sooner rather than later & he and McTominay will be a solid base for years to come.

30 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Charlie Adam on Sportsound saying he should be held back in the u21s for now. Jon Daly saying maybe if he's playing well in a few years he should be called up then...

Charlie Adam, the last time I bothered listening to him was when he was declaring that Sadiq at Rangers was a top class striker.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

@Carnoustie Young Guvnor, cannot believe I am saying this Pepp but you have called this one right, I suspect that Frank Lampard knows what a good midfielder looks like and he looks like the real deal. He needs to get thrown in sooner rather than later & he and McTominay will be a solid base for years to come.

Sometimes players are a wee bit special and the normal rules don't apply. Gilmour is clearly one of those.

It would be mental to go out narrowly in the play-off final with a player who is essentially better than anything we've got playing for the 21s.  He could raise the whole team and certainly give the fans and atmosphere a lift.

Typical SFA to have deflated the feelgood factor and excitement with a boring, safe, conservative, negative, short-sighted and backwards stance.  I doubt this has come from Clarke this is people putting pressure on him.

Realistically, having bossed the European Champions last week, what is he going to learn now playing for the 21s?  He plays against better players every day in training.

Should be in the squad, brought on for the last twenty against Israel by which point we'll be safe, then brought on at the right time to make an impact in the final probably last half hour.  Either that or start him, but with the possibility of extra time I'd probably not.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Charlie Adam on Sportsound saying he should be held back in the u21s for now. Jon Daly saying maybe if he's playing well in a few years he should be called up then...

The pair of them can f**k right off. And I like Adam. But yeah, f**k off mate.

In the squad for me and probably starting.  The guy is on a crest of a wave at the moment and we need to take advantage of this high.  It would be deflating for him, squad and the general public (scottish) if he was selected for the U21.  This is a great story, let's take it to the next chapter.

I think it's unfortunate for him that his jump in form and appearances has come now.  Had this been last Autumn, I think he'd have been a lock to be in the squad, or at least should have been.  Those games were effectively useless, against weakeer opposition.  This one is probably our most important game in a long, long time.  I don't think he's quite there in terms of starting the game, so in that sense I can see why they'd maybe rather keep him in the 21s for now.  

If we qualify, and if he continues to feature (and if we're not all dead by then and football's still a thing) then I'd fully expect him to be in the squad for the tournament.

Is Scotland genuinely the only batshit crazy country that doesn't call up young, exceptional talent breaking through at the biggest teams in the world?

f**k me. He should be in, no doubt about it. Unsure about automatic start. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

I think it's unfortunate for him that his jump in form and appearances has come now.  Had this been last Autumn, I think he'd have been a lock to be in the squad, or at least should have been.  Those games were effectively useless, against weakeer opposition.  This one is probably our most important game in a long, long time.  I don't think he's quite there in terms of starting the game, so in that sense I can see why they'd maybe rather keep him in the 21s for now.  

If we qualify, and if he continues to feature (and if we're not all dead by then and football's still a thing) then I'd fully expect him to be in the squad for the tournament.

Untter Shite, I think it fortunate that he has hit for at these times of important internationals, he is on fire, let him burn ffs, sitting in the U21 for what? To play good then get in the full squad later.Get him in the squad ffs, get this negitive shite away  from our country.  Look UP ffs

While I can definitely see why they'd want him in the U21s, it'd be 100% the wrong decision. He's on terrific form and we need to just pick the best players available for these games. He's one of those.

Edited by Willow Rosenberg