Billy Gilmour

Kuro

Ryan Jack has started two competitive games for Scotland and we won both of them. Obviously they weren't against great opposition, but the idea that he's some tried and tested failure is nonsense. He should absolutely be in this squad and in contention for a start.

Got to look at what Wales are doing, capping any and every young player they can get their hands on who has dual nationality to tie them to Wales in case anyone else gets them(bit like what i used to do in champ manager).

Throwing in 18 years olds who seem to do the business at international level.

Wales sadly will have a good experienced squad in a few years time, way ahead of what we will have. I was hoping it'd die down when Bale retires.

Giving game time to players like Jack will get us nowhere.

Edited by red23

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ryan Jack has started two competitive games for Scotland and we won both of them. Obviously they weren't against great opposition, but the idea that he's some tried and tested failure is nonsense. He should absolutely be in this squad and in contention for a start.

No chance. He would not be anywhere near the Chelsea, Man Utd or Celtic midfields at any point. He's done nothing since the turn of the year.

The only argument against Gilmour at this stage is a lack of continuity in the team. I can see both sides for these playoff games, but unquestionably he has to be a starter at the Euros if we qualify, or the Nations League games next season if we don't. Play him in every single game.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No chance. He would not be anywhere near the Chelsea, Man Utd or Celtic midfields at any point. He's done nothing since the turn of the year.

The only argument against Gilmour at this stage is a lack of continuity in the team. I can see both sides for these playoff games, but unquestionably he has to be a starter at the Euros if we qualify, or the Nations League games next season if we don't. Play him in every single game.

I wouldn’t play Jack or McGregor as both are crap. Both are decent SPL players but no more. 

Could he not have been a potential world class striker or central defender. 
The one position we have well covered is midfield - however the prospect of a Gilmore, McTominay, Turnbull midfield for the future is exciting stuff....

Could he not have been a potential world class striker or central defender. 
The one position we have well covered is midfield - however the prospect of a Gilmore, McTominay, Turnbull midfield for the future is exciting stuff....
How's Turnbull looking since coming back?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You hit the nail on the head mate. If Clarke keeps picking crap like McGregor and Jack ahead of Gilmour then he’s fucking clueless.

Keeps picking?? What are you talking about?

Should Clarke have been picking him from the Chelsea youth team?

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He has been very good in their European games this season. I feel like the rest of the midfield has collapsed around him domestically - the likes of Davis and Kamara have been very poor and Aribo and Hagi are passengers defensively. I think him and McTominay are the only two who can do the defensive side of stuff well enough - I'd prefer McTominay, but I wouldn't be annoyed if Jack started in the same way I would be if a nothing player like McLean did.

Just now, craigkillie said:

He has been very good in their European games this season. I feel like the rest of the midfield has collapsed around him domestically - the likes of Davis and Kamara have been very poor and Aribo and Hagi are passengers defensively. I think him and McTominay are the only two who can do the defensive side of stuff well enough - I'd prefer McTominay, but I wouldn't be annoyed if Jack started in the same way I would be if a nothing player like McLean did.

Who misses out from McGregor, McTominay, Fleck, McGinn, Gilmour, Christie, Armstrong?

Fair play on the European point and I would say he's one of two options I'd consider if McGinn is out, but there is no way he should be starting ahead of any of the players I've listed above. He wouldn't get in the Celtic team, Man Utd team or Chelsea team. He's not got the attributes to do what McGinn does. Armstrong is a different kind of player but he easily outshone anything Jack has done in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Who misses out from McGregor, McTominay, Fleck, McGinn, Gilmour, Christie, Armstrong?

Fair play on the European point and I would say he's one of two options I'd consider if McGinn is out, but there is no way he should be starting ahead of any of the players I've listed above. He wouldn't get in the Celtic team, Man Utd team or Chelsea team. He's not got the attributes to do what McGinn does. Armstrong is a different kind of player but he easily outshone anything Jack has done in Scotland.

I don't think Christie or Armstrong are going to play centrally for us, so I don't think six central players is unreasonable - he's had that many in previous squads.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think Christie or Armstrong are going to play centrally for us, so I don't think six central players is unreasonable - he's had that many in previous squads.

6th or 7th choice sounds about right. He should not be in contention to start unless we have a minimum of 4 injuries/suspensions.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You misread or I wrote it wrong mate. I meant now that we have a better option we should replace Jack/McGregor as they are not very good.

ps. You perma-raging 😂 

I'm actually a cuddly snuggle bunny

Yeah I'd play him too, with Mctominay and Mcginn. But Jack is needed as a sub defensive mid. And mcgregor can play numerous positions to a decent standard. So should be in every squad.

I'm actually a cuddly snuggle bunny
Yeah I'd play him too, with Mctominay and Mcginn. But Jack is needed as a sub defensive mid. And mcgregor can play numerous positions to a decent standard. So should be in every squad.

International standard being better than decent is probably the reason he's usually pretty pish in a Scotland jersey then.