Billy Gilmour

Kuro

13 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Robertson didnt play well against Watford. Should we drop him?

If Gilmour is better than what we currently have, and compared to the likes of Jack, Shinnie, McLean I'd be willing to bet he is, then he should be in the squad at least (FWIW I quite like all 3 players I've mentioned, McLean and Shinnie in particular, I just think Gilmour is a better footballer). 

I personally am of the opinion that despite his form for Celtic, McGregor's assurance of a start should be seriously under threat for poor international form. Gilmour might just be the man to replace him.

I agree with you about McGregors form for Scotland being poor but if you think Clarke is going to drop him you are being unrealistic. He’s been a mainstay of team for a while now and he won’t be dropped for the upcoming games.

I’d love McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour to be our first choice central midfield at some point but I’ll have to wait a wee while yet for that.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree with you about McGregors form for Scotland being poor but if you think Clarke is going to drop him you are being unrealistic. He’s been a mainstay of team for a while now and he won’t be dropped for the upcoming games.

I’d love McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour to be our first choice central midfield at some point but I’ll have to wait a wee while yet for that.

Totally agree, I think he's pretty much a nailed on starter for both games.

Yeah, McTominay and Gilmour at the base with McGinn free to get forward would be great. Armstrong or Christie one side, Fraser/Forrest on the other. Would be a very decent midfield imo.

17 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Robertson didnt play well against Watford. Should we drop him?

If Gilmour is better than what we currently have, and compared to the likes of Jack, Shinnie, McLean I'd be willing to bet he is, then he should be in the squad at least (FWIW I quite like all 3 players I've mentioned, McLean and Shinnie in particular, I just think Gilmour is a better footballer). 

I personally am of the opinion that despite his form for Celtic, McGregor's assurance of a start should be seriously under threat for poor international form. Gilmour might just be the man to replace him.

Robertson has played a lot more football. Daft comparison.

6 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Yeah, McTominay and Gilmour at the base with McGinn free to get forward would be great. 

That could be a very interesting combination as a central 3.

McTominay and Gilmour look like they have some common attributes which would work well as the base of a 3. The ability to make themselves available for a short pass, calm under pressure and a nice ping to the way they move the ball. Gilmour, on the evidence of the Liverpool game, obviously also has the ability to dribble forward quickly which is something we've been missing. Then McGinn is the man to get on the end of crosses from Christie/Forrest/Fraser. 

If we weren't a shambles at CB then Scotland could be a real difficult counter attacking force for the big nations to deal with. 

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Robertson has played a lot more football. Daft comparison.

Im making the point than one good or bad game doesnt make a player.

If Gilmour is a better than what we currently have, get him in. Regardless of game time at Chelsea.

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Im making the point than one good or bad game doesnt make a player.

If Gilmour is a better than what we currently have, get him in. Regardless of game time at Chelsea.

And I'm making the point that this one game against Liverpool could be an anomaly.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

And I'm making the point that this one game against Liverpool could be an anomaly.

Despite everything coming out of Chelsea that they weren't surprised by the performance, the other 4 or 5 games he had had where he's given a good account of himself and the games for our U21s when he has been our best player? Aye, one game wonder.

Edited by Jacky1990

47 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Despite everything coming out of Chelsea that they weren't surprised by the performance, the other 4 or 5 games he had had where he's given a good account of himself and the games for our U21s when he has been our best player? Aye, one game wonder.

I've not said he's a one game wonder. I've said we probably shouldn't put all the pressure on the lad on the back of one very good game.

Best player in the Under 21s? There is a massive jump in difference between the levels.

I hope the guy reaches the level of the hype. Let's give him the chance to establish himself a bit further before we lump all our hopes on him. 

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I've not said he's a one game wonder. I've said we probably shouldn't put all the pressure on the lad on the back of one very good game.

Best player in the Under 21s? There is a massive jump in difference between the levels.

I hope the guy reaches the level of the hype. Let's give him the chance to establish himself a bit further before we lump all our hopes on him. 

Totally disagree. It’s a game we want to win so let’s get him in. We’ve stuck with keek like Jack and McGregor in the past and they can’t make the step up to International football.  They are not good enough so let’s try Gilmour.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Watched the Chelsea game today, and without being spectacular he didn't put a foot wrong. 

His range of passing was superb and got the team moving forward. Fitness was excellent always in the right position.

Hopefully he can play more regularly. 

And he's already put to bed ridiculous opinions like the one above.

MOTM again. Those who think he shouldn't be in the Scotland squad, what's their argument? [emoji38]

It's an absolute no-brainer. He has 2 MOTM performances in England already which is 2 more than over-rated shite like McGregor or Jack will ever get at that level.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

MOTM again. Those who think he shouldn't be in the Scotland squad, what's their argument? emoji38.png

It's an absolute no-brainer. He has 2 MOTM performances in England already which is 2 more than over-rated shite like McGregor or Jack will ever get at that level.

You hit the nail on the head mate. If Clarke keeps picking crap like McGregor and Jack ahead of Gilmour then he’s fucking clueless.